Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to install cm9 lg optimus 2x

Tip us?

janezzx
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I would suggest you to try out latest Owain's rom and if I get it right, he have baked harsh rom with fix kernel into the rom, so you can use UMS (usb mass storage) for now latest is build 40 but i guess it is b41 comming out today for some reasons.. It is the smoothest and more stable rom that I ever had.. And battery life is awesome coz i guess harsh kernel is set to undervolt, but it doesn't affect the performance, and no problems with watching videos, for taking video you can take Videocam Illusion, works on g2x and o2x . I dont know about full version, but free one's quality is ****ty, but just in case I see UFO crash lol =)

alysiper
Old
Thanks Meter 17
What are the steps if i want to revert back to CM7, because i hate that the video camera doesn't work?

Tks.
Sent from my GT I-9300 running the latest Omega Jelly Bean Rom!

godofice
Old
(Last edited by godofice; 24th April 2012 at 08:29 PM.) Reason: Improved wording.
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by alysiper View Post
What are the steps if i want to revert back to CM7
They are basically the same... except for the backup part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1996AC View Post
2. Wipe data/system/dalvik
3. Install rom
4. Install kernel
5. Flash gapps
If you completely backed up your CM7, then I recommend you restore your backup.

David2X
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,

I'm in Gingerbread 20Q now, and I'd like to install CM9 (owain's ROM) so I have some questions:

1. I have to convert my filesystem to EXT3 before install?

2. Kernel and Gapps are baked in the Rom or I have to download/install it separately?

3. There are RIL/baseband reccomended?

4. Someone says that Camera/Video have problems, someone not... I'll be possible to take photos/video with CM9 or not?

5. Someone talk about a "full wipe", so I will lose all my photos and files if I install CM9 ?

Thank you

D.

oliwar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all

I installed the lastet official update ... I've to say... what a disappointment. Battery life is extremely short... so before trying go back, I think a will install CM9. Being new... may I ask some help for installation? Ok, I dowloaded NovaHD_RC24-50_fixed.zip and the kernel SuperNova-RC4.zip. May I ask some of you to explain each step an which tool I have to use?

thx in advance