Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROM problem

Tip us?

gandhar
Old
Thanks Meter 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell View Post
That's because for some stupid reason you formatted the system partition, which must not be done on some ROM installations.

The CM7 installation requires info from the system folder, but since you formatted it, you don't have the info on your phone and installation cannot be installed.

Reinstall stock firmware, follow the same procedure, but do NOT format system, but do make factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
oops sorry, thanks for correcting..
The Following User Says Thank You to gandhar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aidennwitz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Yes, it finally worked! Did exactly as before but without formatting /system.

Thanks!

Soo... now I got a couple of questions that bug me:

1. How would I go about installing, for example, XROM or FXP 9.0.0 from this state?

2. Do I have to flash the stock rom, re-root etc. every time I want to flash FXP?

3. Can I test another kernel and flash the FXP 7.2.0 kernel back if it doesn't work?

4. Can I play with the Supercharger on FXP or is it rather for the stock rom and mods of the stock rom?

Thanks for reading.

gandhar
Old
Thanks Meter 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidennwitz View Post
Yes, it finally worked! Did exactly as before but without formatting /system.

Thanks!

Soo... now I got a couple of questions that bug me:

1. How would I go about installing, for example, XROM or FXP 9.0.0 from this state?

2. Do I have to flash the stock rom, re-root etc. every time I want to flash FXP?

3. Can I test another kernel and flash the FXP 7.2.0 kernel back if it doesn't work?

4. Can I play with the Supercharger on FXP or is it rather for the stock rom and mods of the stock rom?

Thanks for reading.
first,sorry for your wasted time
kernel flashing does not need root, just an unlocked bootloader. and the kernels include preroot and CWM, so no need to root stock and install CWM everytime.

most times installing directly works. if it's needed, the thread authors mention in explicitly

KhemaraS.
Old
Thanks Meter 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivezu View Post
I have a week trying to install a new ROM to my phone (xperia mini pro). I follow the instructions, install the recommended kernel for each Rom. When i finish installing the ROM i reboot the phone put the kernel logo and don't do anything else (the last time i let it in the kernel logo for 10 hours and it didn't work).

I fix it using Wotan server. But what i really care about is that i want to prove new Rom, so if someone can help me i will be really thankful.

PS: Sorry if you think my english is bad, is because my main language is not english
Always before flashing a new rom do a factory reset and wipe cache