Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions regarding wave 3

Tip us?

M3TALLICA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533
Default Questions regarding wave 3

Hi there,
I'm planning to buy Wave 3. I already have 2 android phone so I don't mind if samsung store has fewer apps.
I briefly owned a wave 525 so I wanted to know if things are really improved in Bada 2.
1. How good is built-in web browser (or opera mini or UcWeb) ? Does it lag while scrolling and zooming in-out ?
2. How good is multitasking ?
3. Is it possible to hide status bar to avoid potential screen-burning ?
4. Are there screen problems like color banding, black clipping, color rendering problems on Wave 3 screen ??
Considering its specs for its price Wave 3 is probably best in that price range.
Thanks and best regards.

Dondanalaydon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am the owner of Wave 3, so I think I can answer your questions:

1. Built-in Browser have average speed, comparable to Nokia Lumia 800s - there is no gpu acceleration, yet lags appear only on flash-heavy sites until they are loaded - other no-flash ones can be scrolled / zoomed even during that process without problems. Opera and UcBrowser are little bit faster, obviously lacking flash support.

2. Multitasking works well in Wave3, yet it is not a system-wide function. What I mean, that this multitasking is app-dependent and isn't so commonly implemented - for example most of the games are single-tasking apps so you can't switch between them, but you can for example switch between game and Browser/Mail/Notes flawlessly (as those app support multitasking). There are bunch of 3rd party apps that support multitasking too, as TuneIn Radio for example, but it is not yet a coding manner for bada.

3. No, you can't hide it but...

4. There is no such problems either
The Following User Says Thank You to Dondanalaydon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nbates66
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
bada OS is tolerable for use as a phone, as long as you don't want any apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to nbates66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

medo-op
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy124 View Post
Hi there,
I don't mind if samsung store has fewer apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbates66 View Post
bada OS is tolerable for use as a phone, as long as you don't want any apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to medo-op For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M3TALLICA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533
Hi guys.
I saw a demo piece today.
The keyboard only had Chinese and English languages.
Is it possible to add multiple languages ? I'm learning Russian and German so these two languages are must for me if I'm gonna buy the phone.

M3TALLICA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 533
Please help me