Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Consolidated Thread for Pictures of White Notes in Cases

Tip us?

citylimits
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinfeeder View Post
Just ordered this case. Hybrid case of polycarbonate + TPU. I'll post pics when it arrives.

I have this case. I found the power button TOO sensitive. I was always locking/un-locking the phone when I didn't mean to. I turned the phone off a few times as well, once in my pocket when I leaned forward, and another time when I went to unlock it, I applied just enough pressure for long enough, to turn it off.

I stopped using it.

I'll post pix of the white case I use soon.

SweetRedVoice
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Cruzer Lite

I got the Cruzer Lite cases from Amazon (buy 2 get 1 free promotion). These are hands down my favorite cases right now. They cover all the bases....
  • tight in all the right places
  • covers all four sides
  • has a lip to protect the screen when placed face down
  • has great grip
  • great quality
  • does not entirely hide the design and chrome of the gNote
  • covers the white bezel on the edge of the screen
The hole for the noise canceling mic is slightly off center but otherwise a great case. Not bad for $6.50 a piece. ($19.60 divided by 3).

hashbrown
Old
(Last edited by hashbrown; 24th April 2012 at 08:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
I've just got the Elago case I've been eyeing in the mail.
It's the Elago Slim-fit Soft feeling Denim Indigo. It has a great feel, light weight, not slippery and semi rigid TP material. The lip just barely goes above the screen. I'm not concerned about the chrome on top and bottom being exposed, just coverage for the sides and corner (except the top right corner). My Note has already taken a fall and the case did it's job.
The best part is that it fits well in the OEM dock/charger sold at AT&T.

Here's a list of the accessories:
Moshi Wht Screen Protector (anti-glare, anti-fingerprint)
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2040038&q_sku=sku5610301&q_manufa cturer=all&q_model=

Battery charger and dock
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat1370027&q_sku=sku5610303&q_manufa cturer=all&q_model=

Elago Slim Fit Case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0078JH3V0/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1335161877&sr=8-4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hashbrown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polstein
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
It's the Elago Slim-fit Soft feeling Denim Indigo. It has a great feel, light weight, not slippery and semi rigid TP material. The lip just barely goes above the screen. I'm not concerned about the chrome on top and bottom being exposed, just coverage for the sides and corner (except the top right corner). My Note has already taken a fall and the case did it's job.
I've got the same case, but in solid black without the little holes everywhere. I like the fit but the frip tends to be a but slippery.

Do the little holes give it any increase in grip (make it easier to hold)? To they dig in on your hand? Might give this one a shot even though it's mostly the same as the one I have.

OOC, what kind of surface did you drop it on? I use this slim case for the minimum feel to it & if I drop it I'm only expecting defense against scratches on the outer edge.
Device: AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Keymonk FAQ

hashbrown
Old
Thanks Meter 21
The holes do give it a texture that has a little extra grip. Plus it's not a glossy smooth case like the rubbery TPU cases, kind of a dull navy blue. I can place it on my dash board and it barely moves, unless I make a fast turn. I love the look the white Note has in it as you can still see the white battery cover thru the holes.
As far as the drop incident goes, I was holding the phone in one hand and my kid in the other. He got all wiggly on me and had to drop him or the phone. I choose to drop the phone ofcourse. It was a 4ft drop onto tile.it took the brunt of the fall. No scratches or cracks. The case tough enough for daily use for me.I've already scratched the screen protector dropping the phone in the car between the seat and console. Thinking about buying clear liquid polyurethane touch up paint to coat unprotected areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hashbrown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clockcycle
Old
Thanks Meter 389
That's sexy, thanks for sharing.

Thing I like about the mesh, phone keeps cooler during use. Thing I dislike, picks up lint, dirt, noticeable when you remove to clean.

polstein
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
That's sexy, thanks for sharing.

Thing I like about the mesh, phone keeps cooler during use. Thing I dislike, picks up lint, dirt, noticeable when you remove to clean.
Thought about the holes collecting dirt - but I imagine a quick rinse would do.

Didn't think about keeping it a bit cooler, though!
Device: AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Keymonk FAQ

clockcycle
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Thumbs up Generic Jelly / Gel Translucent Yellow Diamond TPU Case

Here is a Generic Jelly / Gel Translucent Yellow Diamond TPU Case.

Looks nice, bling..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0171.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	1033028   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0172.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1033029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0173.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	1033030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0174.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	1033031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0175.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1033032  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0176.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1033033  

SweetRedVoice
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Case-Mate Tough (Pink,Black)

I was hoping this would be the last case I bought for my gNote. I found the Case-Mate Tough on sale on Amazon for $17.99 (free shipping) way better than the $40 retail!

My gNote is not insured so I wanted a case that would provide a good degree of protection without adding too much bulk. I felt this case would meet this need. It has a good grip and solid construction.

My only gripe is the the silicon is not tight on the edge on the top and bottom! Ugg! The hard shell does not hold the inner silicon in place on the top and bottom, the way it does on the sides. When pulling the phone out of my pocket the lose silicone drags/clings. So I think this action may make the silicone baggy/loser over time.