Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ClickFroyoSense - improved TatFroyoSense

Tip us?

rallapag
Old
(Last edited by rallapag; 29th April 2012 at 02:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 568
Wow I am surprised that this ROM was downloaded about 600 times
and only four guys care to comment or show appreciation.

I think it would be good for the community if people post errors or tweaks so every one can enjoy a better ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rallapag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

george.baskharon
Old
Thanks Meter 14
there's a lot of bugs that need to be fixed .. the device lags like hell
-when more than 5 apps are installed the desktop becomes so slow to navigate and the menu gets too slow.{so i think its all about performance.}
-when the music player is playing u expect What's App to open in about 2-3 min, many apps opens in ages.
-the bluetooth is not working
-the arabic needs to be fixed.
-htc calibration is not accurate.
-internet connection is slow and keeps on disconnecting (wifi-mobile network)
... and keeps on going
but i hope the people who's working on this ROM care to fix these issues and do not leave it for more than 3 years working on other project and leaving tattoo owners confused on which ROM they should install .. this ROM is the best i've tried so far .. so i wish u could get this ROM to a perfect state.

rallapag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by george.baskharon View Post
-when more than 5 apps are installed the desktop becomes so slow to navigate and the menu gets too slow.{so i think its all about performance.}
-when the music player is playing u expect What's App to open in about 2-3 min, many apps opens in ages.
... and keeps on going
but i hope the people who's working on this ROM care to fix these issues and do not leave it for more than 3 years working on other project and leaving tattoo owners confused on which ROM they should install .. this ROM is the best i've tried so far .. so i wish u could get this ROM to a perfect state.
I am using nFinity kernel release by default with the ROM (and the other kernel is only for testing)
I have 15 apps installed and don't feel any lag and any difference to clean install
I have no issue to message, check mails or chat while listening to music
Bluetooth file transfer is working and audio issue is mentioned in the first post
screen calibration is as best as it gets and is near perfect for me.
Internet connection - wifi or mobile netwrok? - I only use wifi and i had no issue so far.

if the device lags like hell, then please don't use this ROM and use which is best for you and you still have decent choice with Tattoo ROMs.
If none of the ROMs are good enough for you, then may be you can consider to buy a better phone than tattoo.

and i didn't like following line of yours
Quote:
i hope the people who's working on this ROM care to fix these issues and do not leave it for more than 3 years working on other project and leaving tattoo owners confused on which ROM they should install ..
You should be lucky that you got sense Froyo ROM
Dexter_nlb has built the ROM about 1 and half year ago and has fixed as much as he can and gave a decent ROM and he discontinued.
Then as and when I found few fixes, I released them.
No one here agreed to maintain ROM indefinitely and the fact is we do it only when we have free time and for free.
So if you don't have f**king time and patience to read through, at least the first post of the threads then stop complaining about confusion.

KingCreole
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Not having this issue

Quote:
Not having this issue. Working like a charm.

Quote:
Not having this issue. My Whatsapp opens in less than 15 sec.

Quote:
Not tried.

Quote:
Not needed.

Quote:
Mine is ok. Maybe i'm comming from CM7.

Quote:
Not having this issue. Working ok all time.

Quote:
... and keeps on going
+1. I'm sure rallapag is doing his best with this.
Keep on Rocking
The Following User Says Thank You to KingCreole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KingCreole
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Overclocking?

Quote:
... and keeps on going
One more thing you can do, if you are using overclocking, is setting down the MAX frequency. Many devices aren't working at speeds over 652 MHz, or less. Try it, and tell us.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Added a thread on HTCmania (spanish), cause there were many people interested in TatFroyoSense.
Hope they can help on detecting issues and... maybe?... on developement?
Keep on Rocking

george.baskharon
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallapag View Post
I am using nFinity kernel release by default with the ROM (and the other kernel is only for testing)
I have 15 apps installed and don't feel any lag and any difference to clean install
I have no issue to message, check mails or chat while listening to music
Bluetooth file transfer is working and audio issue is mentioned in the first post
screen calibration is as best as it gets and is near perfect for me.
Internet connection - wifi or mobile netwrok? - I only use wifi and i had no issue so far.

if the device lags like hell, then please don't use this ROM and use which is best for you and you still have decent choice with Tattoo ROMs.
If none of the ROMs are good enough for you, then may be you can consider to buy a better phone than tattoo.

and i didn't like following line of yours

You should be lucky that you got sense Froyo ROM
Dexter_nlb has built the ROM about 1 and half year ago and has fixed as much as he can and gave a decent ROM and he discontinued.
Then as and when I found few fixes, I released them.
No one here agreed to maintain ROM indefinitely and the fact is we do it only when we have free time and for free.
So if you don't have f**king time and patience to read through, at least the first post of the threads then stop complaining about confusion.
I'm sorry you didnt like it .. but it seems on this forum have many of the great ROMs has been discontinued or closed or changed.
and TATTOO isnt my main phone i use it for testing and maybe i dont have much free time but i make some to test it and post the issues.
and like i said i wish this ROM will be perfect so can everyone enjoy a fast ROM with sense which is the best. and again i'd like to thank you for creating this ROM.

rallapag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 568
Quote:
I'm sorry you didnt like it .. but it seems on this forum have many of the great ROMs has been discontinued or closed or changed.
and TATTOO isnt my main phone i use it for testing and maybe i dont have much free time but i make some to test it and post the issues.
and like i said i wish this ROM will be perfect so can everyone enjoy a fast ROM with sense which is the best. and again i'd like to thank you for creating this ROM.
That is the problem with specs of Tattoo mate.
What i think is, devs didn't find much payback in terms of time they spent and improvements they achieved with this phone
and gradually every one went for better phones.
And at the moment i believe no developer left with tattoo.
I don't consider myself as dev, since i only play with stuff and try to see if can fix.
Most of the time i tend to break things, so that is why it takes long time for me to fix things.

I like sense as well, that is why i tried to port sense GB and couldn't get much progress. so came back to this ROM to improve.
With out my work on sense GB i wouldn't have made these improvements, so it was all part of the learning experience.

I am sorry if my earlier comments hurt you, there were bad words but the content is true that with out the work of Dexter we wouldn't have had the sense Froyo.

george.baskharon
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallapag View Post
That is the problem with specs of Tattoo mate.
What i think is, devs didn't find much payback in terms of time they spent and improvements they achieved with this phone
and gradually every one went for better phones.
And at the moment i believe no developer left with tattoo.
I don't consider myself as dev, since i only play with stuff and try to see if can fix.
Most of the time i tend to break things, so that is why it takes long time for me to fix things.

I like sense as well, that is why i tried to port sense GB and couldn't get much progress. so came back to this ROM to improve.
With out my work on sense GB i wouldn't have made these improvements, so it was all part of the learning experience.

I am sorry if my earlier comments hurt you, there were bad words but the content is true that with out the work of Dexter we wouldn't have had the sense Froyo.
No that's okay and if there's anyway i can help im not a dev but i know how to edit simple things.

rallapag
Old
(Last edited by rallapag; 30th April 2012 at 11:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 568
version 2.0 in the first post
check first post for change log

Edit: I have just realized that system folder size is 2mb bigger than tattoo can accomodate.
So I will re-adjust the ROM and update tomorrow. Sorry not near my pc at the moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rallapag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rallapag
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 568
modified v2.0 link in the first post
sorry for the delay

The Following User Says Thank You to rallapag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]