XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ics???

Tip us?

RLeWorm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10D3 View Post
Android is an Open Source OS. Meaning: Samsung can use it for their phone. Samsung is the one that is installing Android on your phone and then distributing it to AT&T to distribute to the end user.

Google does an excellent job with their updates and managing their own stuff, maybe even better than Apple. That would be the Nexus line of devices. Which is completely managed by Google. Not a manufacturer or a carrier.

So you'll never compare iOS to Android, unless you compare the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy Nexus. If you compare the iPhone to your Skyrocket you're comparing AT&T/Samsung's service to Apple's service.
I know. Its just frustrating getting late updates. I love android would never use anything else. I just wish it was more "consistent"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

X10D3
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
My Galaxy Nexus comes in today. Today I will have 4.0.4. The day 4.0.5 comes out I'll have it. The SR has slightly better hardware, but the hastle of AT&T crapware and AT&T/Samsung OS delivery times. Worth it.
Mako: CM10 Nightlies
Tilapia: CM10 Nightlies
d2att: IDK, could be anything at this point.

Google+ - Facebook - Twitter

If you consider making a donation, please consider sending it here.

Disclaimer: This post is considered AS IS without any warranty, and no guarantees that it will be helpful in any way. If bad things happen because you read this post you take full responsibility for your actions.

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 2687

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My Galaxy Nexus comes in today. Today I will have 4.0.4. The day 4.0.5 comes out I'll have it. The SR has slightly better hardware, but the hastle of AT&T crapware and AT&T/Samsung OS delivery times. Worth it.
Welcome to the galaxy nexus club. I highly suggest you run liquidrom 1.35
Its teh best. Lightweight and liquid control . Fast charge. U can theme the phone just in the settings

X10D3
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
TY. I'll be looking for you on the Nexus forums. When work slows down I'm going to do some themes and mods. Seems every time I get ramped up to do one I get confronted with a large project at work. I'm hoping I have some down time before this ~4500 hour project hits.
Mako: CM10 Nightlies
Tilapia: CM10 Nightlies
d2att: IDK, could be anything at this point.

Google+ - Facebook - Twitter

If you consider making a donation, please consider sending it here.

Disclaimer: This post is considered AS IS without any warranty, and no guarantees that it will be helpful in any way. If bad things happen because you read this post you take full responsibility for your actions.

RLeWorm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
trying to sell my SR for $400 on craigslist. no one budging just people trying to low ball me. ahhh i want the nexus so bad

kennethpenn
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3781

DONATE TO ME
Please remember to always be respectful and kind to others on the forum. Thank you!

kennethpenn
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3781

DONATE TO ME
If you want to talk about the official ICS update, please move on over to this thread. Thanks guys and sorry for the hassle!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25497274

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe