5,597,815 Members 37,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost dialer app

Tip us?

pattielipp
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
well this is interesting! at least i feel better in knowing it isn't dependent on debellare. and to make it better my other rom has the fix?

Everything going on is interesting! the dialer disappearing, double not able to flash anything, others having issues flashing debellare, bricking logans phone???

I guess it isn't that much but still is interesting!
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM10.1
HTC Droid DNA Stock 2.04
Old Phones: Moto Droid X - CM10
Samsung Continuum - EC09 Debloated, Debinged & Deodexed

Samsung Continuum roms:
Miunia
EC09 Debloated & Debinged.
EC09 Debellare

omegadraconis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default some more info

Something I noticed while poking around today was that in the case of my phone the dialertabactivity.apk file size is different from the one in EC09Debinged.tar.gz. The one from the EC09Debinged.tar.gz is 755.86k, while the one I pulled from the phone is 650.91k. I also took a look inside the apk files and noticed the dates were different on several files. The defective file has an cert.rsa file dated jun 10 2009. The working file has an cert.rsa dated jun 22 2011 which seemed to match the other files in the system/app folder. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their phones?

Txwolf1980
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadraconis View Post
Something I noticed while poking around today was that in the case of my phone the dialertabactivity.apk file size is different from the one in EC09Debinged.tar.gz. The one from the EC09Debinged.tar.gz is 755.86k, while the one I pulled from the phone is 650.91k. I also took a look inside the apk files and noticed the dates were different on several files. The defective file has an cert.rsa file dated jun 10 2009. The working file has an cert.rsa dated jun 22 2011 which seemed to match the other files in the system/app folder. Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their phones?
That might mean that the earlier dated one was signed for eclair, and newer one for froyo... Hmmm

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

KJW979
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadraconis View Post
Mine also shows file size of 650.91 but my date is 2008. Still using market dialer myself, as have to read up on abd, no experience in it.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA
Gummy 1.0

ciscogee
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJW979 View Post
Mine also shows file size of 650.91 but my date is 2008. Still using market dialer myself, as have to read up on abd, no experience in it.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA
Just use rootexplorer etc and delete current apk and copy and paste new one from sdcard.
Reboot cwm
Delete cache and dalvik
Reboot

Mmmm

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium
posted via esp with help from fingers
The Following User Says Thank You to ciscogee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]