[ROM] CyanogenMOD 7 for the Sunfire

Search This thread

cybik

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2008
On a Horse.
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is an unofficial release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Unlock the Photon's Bootloader (Pudding is here)
  2. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions might be available here.
  3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  4. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  5. Perform a factory reset.
  6. Flash CyanogenMod.
  7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Known Issues

• WiMax is not working for the Sprint variant yet. USCC variant does not have WiMax functionnality.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest nightly version: available on http://get.cm/?device=sunfire
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828
Mirror: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

cybik

Feb 1, 2008
On a Horse.
Yeah um...

So this happened:
SoThisHappened.png

I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
Congrats.
I installed the rom, and for some reason my contacts won't show up. I've added them from my google account, and that didn't work, so I added them from an export I had on the sd card and still nothing. Any suggestions.

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
The contacts updated. I was wondering if there is a way to get the blur email app on here. I like the style of the blur app. It's convenient when you want to send an email that the compose button is right on the initial opening of the email. You don't have to hit the setting button to pick compose.

cybik

Feb 1, 2008
On a Horse.
Since this is a brand new thread, I'll be nice.

No feature requests, and especially not Blur integration requests, are to be on this thread. This is pure CM7, no more, no less. This is not a custom BLUR rom distribution, and this is especially not a support thread.

Tl;dr: no.

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
Just curious.
Will you be doing a cm9 now? You and cougarcougar have done such a great job on your solo builds of cm7 I can't wait to see a cm9 from you

Sent from my I9300 using XDA

cybik

Feb 1, 2008
On a Horse.
So, any major differences between this version of CM7 and the one cougar is working on?
This is pure CM7 without "KANG" features and tweaks.

What Ryan said.

Just curious.
Will you be doing a cm9 now? You and cougarcougar have done such a great job on your solo builds of cm7 I can't wait to see a cm9 from you.

I don't feel my time would be well-spent on writing patches for a system that runs at BEST with heavy hacks, at worst with heavy UGLY hacks, and you can add to that the fact that there's features I want to bake in CM7 that i need to concentrate on, such as a unified settings-integrated protocol switcher (CDMA/CDMA+GSM/GSM Only/Whatever the f else).

Right now, spreading myself on two different tasks would be at best not useful, since I have some difficulties focusing on tasks as it is.

But don't worry. I promise to try my hand at the cold dessert as soon as nVidia and Sprint/UScc release/leak ICS-fully-compatible binary blobs for the sunfire. I mean, I _did_ make it run some months ago. It just was as useful as a baby that just learned to walk: all over everywhere and soo f'in cool, yet not exactly useful because there's so many parts missing it's not even funny (for example, speech in a baby's case, and audio in the Sunfire's case)

na7q

Apr 11, 2011
:D pure CM7 is the way to go! i hate tweaked out and themed roms. :mad:

sivarticus85

Jan 4, 2011
Atlanta GA
Everytime I reboot the phone I forget to ok the com.android.phone fc. Once I realized it my phone blew up with texts and missed calls from the wife, basically berating me for hacking my phone...lol. I told her she's missing out, and she told me I'm missing out on her trying to call me, which is the point of having a phone. She's not sold yet, but I'm sure I will soon. Thanks for the hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is an unofficial release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7.2 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Unlock the Photon's Bootloader (Pudding is here)
    2. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions might be available here.
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    4. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    5. Perform a factory reset.
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Known Issues

• WiMax is not working for the Sprint variant yet. USCC variant does not have WiMax functionnality.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest nightly version: available on http://get.cm/?device=sunfire
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    To answer the question all of you must be asking yourselves:

yes, I'm working on adapting the olympus dump to the sunfire.
    The build seems to flash well and boot OK on my device. Have at it boys and girls!