Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Updated 05-Oct-2008] CRCs Release 14.1 Development Thread - Build 20755

OP CRCinAU

21st August 2008, 05:46 PM   |  #1351  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 373

1,060 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyka

The original cab did, im just reinstalling from DU see what happens for me.

It doesn't :/ it installs in /programs/alttab, so you can just make the shortcut from there.

I know how to make a shortcut... I was just reporting the issue
22nd August 2008, 01:35 AM   |  #1352  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 2,686

5,600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radimus

Sorry if i sounded patronizing!
22nd August 2008, 04:34 AM   |  #1353  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27

1,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radimus

Thanks for the report. I've updated the CAB file and put it on DU.
22nd August 2008, 05:25 AM   |  #1354  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

1,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've just posted a newer version of DeviceUpdate on Device Update

Version 1.4 will group all available updates in the "Available Updates" group instead of just adding them back to the list. This makes it easier to see what's been updated vs what you have installed.
22nd August 2008, 06:32 AM   |  #1355  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

1,119 posts
Donate to Me
More
Release 12.10 (almost) available.
Release 12.10 is currently syncing to the mirrors worldwide.

Changes:
Release 12.10 (22 Aug 2008):
* Tweaked file cache, glyph cache etc for hopefully a bit more performance.
* Fixed Device Update showing cooked in addons in the list of downloads on normal build.
* Updated Device Update to v1.4 (more error trapping etc)

Enjoy
22nd August 2008, 08:44 AM   |  #1356  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Hey CRC,

Got to bring something to your attention. I recently installed 12.09 (damn, you released 12.10 just now?) and its amazing, really a feat how its so responsive and stuff... but after installing a certain software using your download manager or perhaps using a back up, my phone started playing up...

sms's wernt getting delivered (even though it was shown as sent) and when I made calls, the person receiving it couldnt hear me, and when they called me I couldnt hear them... I thought it was the radio, so I upgraded from 1.47.30.10 to 1.54.30.10 and again, the same issues... it wasn't until i hard reset and didn't install any software using your Download tool that it started working properly again... might be something that needs to be looked into?

I'm with Optus as you might already know from our PM
22nd August 2008, 08:47 AM   |  #1357  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 15

2,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by augrunt

Hey CRC,

Got to bring something to your attention. I recently installed 12.09 (damn, you released 12.10 just now?) and its amazing, really a feat how its so responsive and stuff... but after installing a certain software using your download manager or perhaps using a back up, my phone started playing up...

sms's wernt getting delivered (even though it was shown as sent) and when I made calls, the person receiving it couldnt hear me, and when they called me I couldnt hear them... I thought it was the radio, so I upgraded from 1.47.30.10 to 1.54.30.10 and again, the same issues... it wasn't until i hard reset and didn't install any software using your Download tool that it started working properly again... might be something that needs to be looked into?

I'm with Optus as you might already know from our PM

Hmm it all depends on how you upgraded, it is advised to use the shipped rom to flash a 'radio' and how you flashed, then the cooked rom. I didn't have any issues with upgrading to 12.9 and am not going 12.10 as I am resting my rom testing for now. I take it you have a jasjam, there is a shipped ROM for jasjam with 1.54.30.10 radio if that's what you like.
22nd August 2008, 09:38 AM   |  #1358  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zocster

Hmm it all depends on how you upgraded, it is advised to use the shipped rom to flash a 'radio' and how you flashed, then the cooked rom. I didn't have any issues with upgrading to 12.9 and am not going 12.10 as I am resting my rom testing for now. I take it you have a jasjam, there is a shipped ROM for jasjam with 1.54.30.10 radio if that's what you like.

nope, I have a Hermes... HTC TyTN (Dopod 838pro)... I flashed to 12.10 just now... one thing i would like to bring up is the sound in the startup, with the blue vista like orb... it didn't make a sound anymore back when it was screwing up, perhaps a symptom?..
22nd August 2008, 09:43 AM   |  #1359  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 15

2,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by augrunt

nope, I have a Hermes... HTC TyTN (Dopod 838pro)... I flashed to 12.10 just now... one thing i would like to bring up is the sound in the startup, with the blue vista like orb... it didn't make a sound anymore back when it was screwing up, perhaps a symptom?..

Hmm not sure, the animated screen can be stopped by schaps advance config installed from DU i believe. Just saying if you are upgrading for keeps, you should really follow this instruction.
22nd August 2008, 09:48 AM   |  #1360  
Flag Sragen-Sukabumi
Thanks Meter: 26

834 posts
More
Thanks CRC, for keep advancing Your ROM, download it now

By the way, i want to ask, what's exactly meaning of "naked", is it just without Ext ROM, or also compressed? What's the difference with "normal" one?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread