Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware fault or ROM?

Tip us?

dom_mitchell1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Hardware fault or ROM?

Hi Guys,

I've had a T Mobile UK Vario II for a couple of years now. My first one broke and was replaced (it developed a white screen issue) and now this one seems to be getting increasinly dodgy.

More often than not when I soft-reset the device it puts itself into Bootloader mode. The only way to get it out of there is to hard-reset.

I'm running CRC's WM6.1 v11.2. To see if was just instability issues with the ROM (didn't think it would be as have been running CRC's ROMs for ages now - thanks BTW) I flashed back to v11. I do my flashing via an SD card since upgrading to Vista. One the flash had completed I pushed the reset button to boot it for the first time and thing went into flipping bootloader mode again! I reflashed and this time it worked.

However, once the outload part of the set-up had completed and the device automatically reset itself it went back into bootloader again.

What do people think? Is this hardware faults creeping in?

I'm desperately holding out for the Vario IV but getting info on the release is like getting blood out of a stone. I'm worried I might have to go for the Compact IV if this phone is dying. How will I cope without a keyboard?!

verynuclear
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmadh27 View Post
السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته انا جديد في الوندوز فون وعندي جهاز قلوفيش 810 وحاولت اثبت هالبرامج ماعرفت لاهنتو ممكن تعلموني ولا عليكم امر . . . طبعا البرنامج الاول الي اسمهTOM XAP ماشتغل عندي على الجهاز يطلع لي خطا طبعآ حاولت اثبته على الكمبيوتر وحاولت اثبته بعد على الجهاز بعد مانقلته وكل المحاولتين بائت بالفشل . . .
ما اعرف نوع جهازك
لو نوع غير ال HTC فللاسف لا استطيع مساعدتك

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

GT247
Old
Thanks Meter 1567
Default Flash........

Flash the stock rom and see how the device responds to it........if it performs as it should you'll know it's not the device that has the issue...I still have my 8525 Hermes and have flashed a few ROMS on it over the last few months just to see if I want to start using it again for kicks lol...I probably will if I can get Opera set up how I want it....ultimately, my point is this....I use my devices a LOT and I'm not easy on them at all....my 8525 has been my most abused device and it is still solid and I don't mean to infer your device isn't having issues, but I've had problems before with roms and flashing something else has always done the trick....the fact that it's struggling with booting leads me to think that's wha it is and flashing back to stock will confirm that if it goes alright