Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would you Under Clock to save battery?
Yeah! 234 56.66%
Nope. 179 43.34%
Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

[Hint/Tip]Best way to save battery [UPDATED 10.12.2012]

OP SuperAce609

13th April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #341  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 69

497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAce609

Wow dude. Why would you even think of putting SetCPU in the SD? This is why I'm inspired into just writing the whole complete first post in big capital bold letters.

Remember this was explained before?

I am running apps2sd DT script which puts everything on the SD although its not the same as a normal apps on sd function its a symlink.

Now if setcpu has an issue with this I plan to set all the cpu stuff for screen off etc. but using tasker instead.

As I understand it putting apps on sd is quite common especially on the ace with its limited memory. No other apps have an issue with it.

I will be moving the cpu functions to tasker soon and will report back how well that works, if it solves the wake issue I will let everyone know.
1st May 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #342  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 27

319 posts
More
does this works for 2.3.6?
1st May 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #343  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bani, Dominican Republic
Thanks Meter: 1,359

3,659 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smantanasiceapa

does this works for 2.3.6?

Works for every rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperAce609 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
Thumbs up
Hi AceMates,

Have been using CPU Master Pro to underclock with the smartass V2 gov and noop I/O, max 480, min 122. This did help increase battery life a bit.

A couple of days back came across this script on xda so just wanted to share...I apologize if this is not the thread where i should be sharing the following -

Would suggest Ace users to check it out yourself and then take a call whether it improves battery life or not. My Ace rarely lasted over 6-7 hours without a recharge (mid to heavy usage - wifi, calls, surfing, chatting, music, youtube, etc.). With this script by PureMotive, the first day i got more than 16 hours with the same mid to heavy usage and there was still some battery to go...

Am using Itasoulos GREAT Miracle V3 ROM with the Ace Kernel beta3.1 and the puremotive script. Somehow, this combination is working to increase not only battery life but overall phone performance as well. dont go by the comments on puremotive script thread...check it out for yourself...it has done wonders for my ace....but i feel it is more the combination of V3, the ace kernel OC and the battery script...

Miracle V3 link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871

The Ace Kernel OC link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606352

PureMotive Script - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1622882

A BIG THANK YOU to all the DEVs and MODs for the great work that you guys are doing to make the ace a better device overall.

Peace, Love, Respect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1335716031948.png
Views:	118
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1034096   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1335727013635.png
Views:	114
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1034099  
1st May 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #345  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bani, Dominican Republic
Thanks Meter: 1,359

3,659 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmanz

Hi AceMates,

Have been using CPU Master Pro to underclock with the smartass V2 gov and noop I/O, max 480, min 122. This did help increase battery life a bit.

A couple of days back came across this script on xda so just wanted to share...I apologize if this is not the thread where i should be sharing the following -

Would suggest Ace users to check it out yourself and then take a call whether it improves battery life or not. My Ace rarely lasted over 6-7 hours without a recharge (mid to heavy usage - wifi, calls, surfing, chatting, music, youtube, etc.). With this script by PureMotive, the first day i got more than 16 hours with the same mid to heavy usage and there was still some battery to go...

Am using Itasoulos GREAT Miracle V3 ROM with the Ace Kernel beta3.1 and the puremotive script. Somehow, this combination is working to increase not only battery life but overall phone performance as well. dont go by the comments on puremotive script thread...check it out for yourself...it has done wonders for my ace....but i feel it is more the combination of V3, the ace kernel OC and the battery script...

Miracle V3 link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871

The Ace Kernel OC link - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606352

PureMotive Script - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1622882

A BIG THANK YOU to all the DEVs and MODs for the great work that you guys are doing to make the ace a better device overall.

Peace, Love, Respect

Of course you'll get 16h. You're not even using your data connection.

Anyway, the real battery saver here is Stocklite V6 with no scripts. Got 12h on 3G WITH REGULAR USE. Meaning texting and browsing the web a lot. Got no scripts at all installed except for A2SD and not even underclocked either. 122-806 Smartass V2.

Scripts just give you the placebo effect. You think its working, but its not.

Happy as hell with my phone. Don't plan on fixing whats not broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperAce609 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 08:04 AM   |  #346  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
any app which can turn brightness to 0?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
1st May 2012, 09:37 AM   |  #347  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2,870

9,971 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yuck . Wifi testers......
I dare someone to test with 3G

This was sent from a Galaxy Ace. Problem?
1st May 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #348  
Thanks Meter: 8

65 posts
The thing is that with the same wifi usage, i was not even getting 8 hours before... Now, after using puremotive with miracle V3 and ace kernel beta 3.1, I am getting 16 hours on a single charge. No 3g then, no 3g now...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
1st May 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #349  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 9

49 posts
More
nyc idea....hope this works
Last edited by dhansiddh; 1st May 2012 at 12:36 PM.
1st May 2012, 12:36 PM   |  #350  
Thanks Meter: 7

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhansiddh

how to get notified when the battery is full charged like the one that we get on GB and also deep sleep does not works at the time of charging fr me....

Download the app called "Battery Widget" from play store, it can alert you when battery is truly full. And why would you need deep sleep (only useful for saving battery) while charging anyway?

EDIT: I see there are multiple apps called Battery Widget, but this is the one I mean: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l3aWRnZXQiXQ..
Last edited by Jappert; 1st May 2012 at 12:39 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jappert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread