[Q] PrimeHD rom upgrade
hello, i am new to xda.. so please forgive me if i stated a wrong question or in the wrong section or even repeat the question as i couldnt get a fully satisfying solution searching the forum. i cant post directly in the developer section as i dont yet have access to it...so i posted in the QnA section.
so i have xperia x8 with stock kernel and i have flashed a custom rom PrimeHD v6.0 after reading thoroughly all the requirements and procedures.
and then i had installed a tweak for cm7 roms: jimdemdroid
now the thing is i want to upgrade the present custom rom ie v6.0 to v7.0
but i am kind of unsure how to do it correctly.. i mean i know how to do it through the recovery.. but my questions are:
1. do i have to again factory reset/full wipe the phone again??..
2. do i have to clear all caches.. like the dalvik cache etc.. [i read it somewhere you have to delete all the caches]
3. will the applications INSTALLED on my external storage be affected if at all i require a full wipe?
4. since i have flashed jimdemdroid tweak, do i have to do full wipe in this case?.. ie if otherwise the wipe isnt required or so..
5. a detailed step by step instruction would be very appreciated!!
some off the topic questions..[just didnt want to open a new thread for these]
1. do i actually need the jimdemdroid tweak [even the lite version] on primehd mod.. as i dont see much difference except the bravia engine.. no to mention the dsp manager doesnt work now due to xloud drivers..
2. i had selected the install location in the cyanogenmod application settings to external. ie the apps shud now go to the sdcard.. but my internal storage now also gets filled.. and also in the normal application settings->manage applications-> i still find a 'move to sd card' button active.. if i already have installed the apps in the external storage [which also gets filled obviously] then that option shudnt be there.. or faded w/e..