Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0d (Android 4.0.4) [20130107]

Tip us?
 
adome5
Old
#771  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 221
Join Date: Oct 2011
hi
i have a problem
my friends say to me that they send to me a s.m.s messages and i dont see them on my device but on they device that see it...
how i can fix it?
 
mrvek
Old
#772  
mrvek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 531
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: /home
Quote:
Originally Posted by adome5 View Post
hi
i have a problem
my friends say to me that they send to me a s.m.s messages and i dont see them on my device but on they device that see it...
how i can fix it?
They can see a message they have sent to you? That's just great! And if they delete it? Can they still see it?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
n3n00
Old
#773  
n3n00's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 1,524
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Split
Quote:
Originally Posted by adome5 View Post
hi
i have a problem
my friends say to me that they send to me a s.m.s messages and i dont see them on my device but on they device that see it...
how i can fix it?
Go back to CM7 and you will see messages. I told you five times already and you're not listening.

This device is too low on memory to run CM9 so it closes everything in background, do you understand?
 
hanschke
Old
#774  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 848
Join Date: Mar 2007
which last build do you mean? i dont need tether.
 
_crAss_
Old
#775  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 276
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3n00 View Post
Go back to CM7 and you will see messages. I told you five times already and you're not listening.

This device is too low on memory to run CM9 so it closes everything in background, do you understand?
Maybe it is not ram as kabaldan said, since it occurs to devices with larger ram as well. We have to wait and see.
 
dstruct2k
Old
#776  
dstruct2k's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 879
Posts: 1,179
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winnipeg

 
DONATE TO ME
It's an over-aggressive Android memory management routine that's killing the SMS/MMS service (which then, eventually, restarts itself) and any messages that are delivered to the radio while the service isn't running are lost, as the radio has no "cache" to hold the messages until the service is available again to insert them into the database.

SMS/MMS delivery process:
Tower -> Radio chip -> Radio driver -> SMS service -> SMS database -> SMS app

The radio driver dumps any received SMS to the SMS service, but if the service isn't running at the time, the message gets lost. You can easily reproduce this issue on ANY ROM by loading an app that attempts to consume all device RAM. Android will keep killing background processes until it starts killing some services. I can cause the same issue to occur on the stock Telus ROM by trying to launch Draw Something (which runs) or another memory-hungry app.

It's not a bug in this (or any other) specific ROM, it's an issue with the Android memory management system that can be reproduced on any device (although it's much harder to reproduce on devices with more RAM) and any Android version.

/rant
The Following User Says Thank You to dstruct2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcdevtingz
Old
#777  
mcdevtingz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 775
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford, UK

 
DONATE TO ME
I told my parents that my phone is not receiving messages and I need a new phone
Can't wait for my s3!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2
 
igna.worn
Old
#778  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 115
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k View Post
It's an over-aggressive Android memory management routine that's killing the SMS/MMS service (which then, eventually, restarts itself) and any messages that are delivered to the radio while the service isn't running are lost, as the radio has no "cache" to hold the messages until the service is available again to insert them into the database.

SMS/MMS delivery process:
Tower -> Radio chip -> Radio driver -> SMS service -> SMS database -> SMS app

The radio driver dumps any received SMS to the SMS service, but if the service isn't running at the time, the message gets lost. You can easily reproduce this issue on ANY ROM by loading an app that attempts to consume all device RAM. Android will keep killing background processes until it starts killing some services. I can cause the same issue to occur on the stock Telus ROM by trying to launch Draw Something (which runs) or another memory-hungry app.

It's not a bug in this (or any other) specific ROM, it's an issue with the Android memory management system that can be reproduced on any device (although it's much harder to reproduce on devices with more RAM) and any Android version.

/rant
Soy we have to lock in memory SMS messages and that is it ?
Zeppelinrox supercharger script could work ?
 
mrvek
Old
#779  
mrvek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 374
Posts: 531
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: /home
Quote:
Originally Posted by igna.worn View Post
Soy we have to lock in memory SMS messages and that is it ?
Zeppelinrox supercharger script could work ?
It will not work. And, as said, there is a certain possibility that it is not exclusively limited ram problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zeppelinrox
Old
#780  
zeppelinrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21069
Posts: 9,312
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: IN THE FREAKIN' OP

 
DONATE TO ME
The "BulletProof Apps" feature may work... it wouldn't hurt anyway
It will apply renice and apply ADJ priority of -17 every 30 seconds.

Haven't had reports of increased battery usage as it still goes to deep sleep without issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes