[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Mobile Odin or just flashing a GB kernel MAY be safe but you do that at YOUR OWN RISK..

They are making it very clear to FLASH TO GB VIA PC ODIN.

yagneshiyer

Nov 5, 2010
Is mobile odin safe? It seems it uses its proper kernel

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Mobile Odin is safe and yes to the post 2 above

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Mobile Odin or just flashing a GB kernel MAY be safe but you do that at YOUR OWN RISK..

They are making it very clear to FLASH TO GB VIA PC ODIN.

Damn, my confidence just went down the toilet..guess this means I have to be on a ticking time bomb till my PC comes back from ITS burnt motherboard repair..

Knifa

Feb 10, 2009
Is there any way to hide the S-Pen pointer? Can also confirm that the touch buttons do not give haptic feedback.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Damn, my confidence just went down the toilet..guess this means I have to be on a ticking time bomb till my PC comes back from ITS burnt motherboard repair..

Personally I flashed a GB kernel in recovery from leaked ICS kernel and then flashed cm9 and it worked but obviously i choose to take the risk and it worked out for me..By doing that though you are still risking brick because it will used the leaked kernel to flash the GB kernel..

yagneshiyer

Nov 5, 2010
Personally I flashed a GB kernel in recovery from leaked ICS kernel and then flashed cm9 and it worked but obviously i choose to take the risk and it worked out for me..By doing that though you are still risking brick because it will used the leaked kernel to flash the GB kernel..

Guess there comes a time in every man's life when he's got to choose between what's easy and what's right..Personally I'm just evaluating the size of my balls

Reactions: vviz and k1ng617

Mahmood

Thanks for this great development for our Note as i have read in many site CM9 theme reputation rocks in every news i read POSITIVE things about CM9 so users thrust u 1000% in anything you guys do.

Entropy thanks in advance and as i am new (well a few months users !!) to android world will just want to ask a few questions :

1- kernel in CM9 is made by CM9 devs ?
2- google apps ? any link for the latest GAPPs searching like crazy couldn't find
3- tablet mode works with CM builds i mean its not like other builds where they have touchwiz framewoirk and no tablet mode.
4- homescreen in landscape is it possible ??
5- camera is it taking 8MB shots ?
6- once in CM9 then backup from CWM works or not like going back to CM9 that is backed using CWM ?
7- the mount of sd-card is it emmc for external card en sdcard for internal ?
8- and are future build of CM9 are full wipe or are they only cache wipe ?

thanks if u have time u can answer to this noob or just ignore it and say what a noob !! ;)

Reactions: k1ng617

k1ng617

Aug 22, 2010

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
has any one changed their density settings on this rom. I changed mine to 240 and now my chrome browser won't even open, can someone post what a good value for density is around th 240 mark.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
has any one changed their density settings on this rom. I changed mine to 240 and now my chrome browser won't even open, can someone post what a good value for density is around th 240 mark.

This is a problem with Chrome, not with the ROM. You need to downgrade versions of Chrome and set it not to auto-update. Let me see if I can find the link.

Edit : Use version 16.0.912.77 (Beta 0.16.4301.233) ... I can't find a link

Last edited:

moyajaya

Nov 8, 2011
Gapps mirror

Can anyone be kind and post a mirror of gapps? the http://goo.im/gapps website seems to be down for some reason and it's the only thing I need to start flashing this.

Thanks in advance!

Will post after I flash and play with this ROM! Thanks Devs!!!

I'm looking for the gapps-ics-20120429-signed version.

Last edited:

duowing

Dec 14, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Here's one thing I was wondering about custom roms like AOSP, CM9, AOKP, etc. The Note totes the use of the GLONASS positioning system. I don't exactly understand it, but I was curious is it just something that's built in and is used with custom roms or does it have something else related to the touchwiz framework that it requires to use those? I have noticed that when using the GPS on the Note it's much faster, more accurate, and updates so much quicker than any phone I've ever used. I was just wondering if a rom like CM9 uses this as well?

Top Liked Posts