[ROM]"X10S" |v9 Final released FTF File| 21/07/2012 |xperia s firmware ported to x10

1st May 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #2051  
Flag São José dos Campos SP
Thanks Meter: 135

569 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tof37

Screenshot option is in main zip .. you can choose to only have reboot option in addon zip with aroma installer ...

@everyone
Does aroma installer works well for everyone ?
(no bug but I struggled hard with it to configure it)

Btw once in aroma press menu button (hardware) to have option

Yeah! it is working flawlessly!!!

its confirmed that wifi works using the Champs semc kernel
Last edited by mhdsanto85; 1st May 2012 at 03:16 PM.
1st May 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #2052  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,033 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyoum

v8-final

You should follow the instructions on this post and use the base on that post. I didn't get any problems. Just the wifi connecting problem. But fixed that too with a bit of work. I guess Tof37 is going to provide us a fix for wifi sometime soon. I have PMed him about how I got it fixed.

1st. Simply, install base and reboot into that stock base without flashing any other thing.
2nd. Reboot into recovery and install main rom .zip and without reboot right after the main rom,
3rd. Install the addon .zip next,
4th. Wifi modules (if necessary..it will be needed if you use a custom kernel and if there is a specific wifi module for it)
Reboot to rom and there shouldn't be any problem. Just there might be problems with connecting to wifi on some kernels.

Last edited by ilamaan; 1st May 2012 at 03:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilamaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #2053  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 4,207

4,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best way of reinstalling apps/data without problems occuring??

Sent from my X10S using xda premium
1st May 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #2054  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 2,623

608 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodomfan

I always been using titanium backup and never had problem :D

Sent from my X10S using XDA
1st May 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #2055  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 4,207

4,611 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok bud cheers

1st May 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #2056  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,033 posts
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodomfan

For apps, you can use ASTRO file manager to backup apps. Then go to sdcard/backups/ and copy the "apps" folder to flashtool/custom folder and replace with the apps folder there.

After you install every rom, turn usb debugging on and connect phone. (phone must be switched ON) then open flashtool and click the icon next to the "dust bin". That should install all the apps you backed up and copied to custom/apps folder on flashtool. You also need to have the usb debugging drivers installed.

For data, SMS can be backed up through apps like SMS Backup & Restore from market.
Other data like settings of system apps is not good to restore to other roms because it can cause a lot of problems.
Titanium backup can be used to restore and backup data of games and other data of apps from market I guess.
Last edited by ilamaan; 1st May 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes and grammar
The Following User Says Thank You to ilamaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #2057  
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
[QUOTE=Tof37;25514745]take off the battery and reboot ... if still the same reflash the rom

Hi and thanks again! I tried rebooting but it didnt work. I reflashed the stock GB and tried the base and same thing, it would get stuck to "Sony Ericsson" for over half an hour. Of course I couldnt get to Xrecovery, so reflash/reroot/reinstall Xrecovery and so on. Finally I bypassed the base and installed the "main" on top os stock GB but it wasnt working well... Unresponsive touchscreen, some buttons worked some didnt... it was a mess.
And yes I did install the "init.d" zip after the base. I dont know what else to try and what I am doing wrong... I restored back the V7 now and waiting.
1st May 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #2058  
Thanks Meter: 4

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilamaan

You should follow the instructions on this post and use the base on that post. I didn't get any problems. Just the wifi connecting problem. But fixed that too with a bit of work. I guess Tof37 is going to provide us a fix for wifi sometime soon. I have PMed him about how I got it fixed.

1st. Simply, install base and reboot into that stock base without flashing any other thing.
2nd. Reboot into recovery and install main rom .zip and without reboot right after the main rom,
3rd. Install the addon .zip next,
4th. Wifi modules (if necessary..it will be needed if you use a custom kernel and if there is a specific wifi module for it)
Reboot to rom and there shouldn't be any problem. Just there might be problems with connecting to wifi on some kernels.

Thx for your help. And I'll try it again.
1st May 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #2059  
Thanks Meter: 8

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdsanto85

Yeah! it is working flawlessly!!!

its confirmed that wifi works using the Champs semc kernel

hi

where can I find the Champs semc kernel ?

i have problems whit the conection of wifi....

cumps

edit: finded
Last edited by brucar; 1st May 2012 at 04:30 PM.
1st May 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #2060  
Thanks Meter: 382

822 posts
More
The way I do it. Create nandroid backup and also backup Contacts from contacts app. Backup all of my major software using titanium backup and create titanium install zip. then I flash the Rom in the order tof Recommends. Then I simply restore my contacts and major apps again and it all runs fine, I had 1 slight issue restoring apps with titanium but that's because I didn't update market to play store first. Iv had 0 reboots and the only force close I had is with xda app

Thanks. :)

Sent from my x10s v8 Final

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
championswimmer, firmware port, tof37, x10s, x10s v8 final, xperia s, xperia s apps x10, xperia x10s
Previous Thread Next Thread