XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*** skyrocket ics port q&a ***

Tip us?

krazygreen
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpaws View Post
I have done factory data reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache and formatted system, data, and cache. I still cannot get this to boot. It shows the Samsung screen, then a second samsung screen. It does this a few times and then goes to an energy star screen. Then it starts the whole cycle over again.

Please help! Thanks!
Did you do a darkside superwipe? I've attached the zip to this post

These are the exact steps I followed and I've been running it without a hiccup for a few weeks now -

Do a nandroid backup (Do it again even if you've already backed up)

reboot recovery (follow these steps below in recovery)
go to mounts and storage-
wipe system, data, cache
back to main menu
wipe data factory reset
wipe cache
Run Darkside SuperWipe

Install zip from sdcard

Reboot

You should be ready to go
Attached Files
File Type: zip DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.12 MB, 30 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to krazygreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

catpaws
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazygreen View Post
Did you do a darkside superwipe? I've attached the zip to this post

These are the exact steps I followed and I've been running it without a hiccup for a few weeks now -

Do a nandroid backup (Do it again even if you've already backed up)

reboot recovery (follow these steps below in recovery)
go to mounts and storage-
wipe system, data, cache
back to main menu
wipe data factory reset
wipe cache
Run Darkside SuperWipe

Install zip from sdcard

Reboot

You should be ready to go
Thanks a ton! I had not done the darkside superwipe. I'm not sure what it does that wiping everything in recovery didn't do, but it must have done something because it's booting now. Thanks also for attaching the zip.

Now just waiting 5 mins to start playing with it!

RikkKeith
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Default Much better than I expected!

I don't post much, even though I've been coming here for a year (always find what I'm looking for I guess). I just wanted to say to anybody who's a little hesitant in trying out ICS...WOW, I'm impressed with this port. I just followed all the normal steps to flash: wipe data/factory reset, wiped all caches, ran TDJs SuperWipe and M&S's Kernel Cleasner...flash ROM and wait the given rest time before messing with it.

Reading through a lot of posts, I wasn't sure what kind of experience I was going to have. I've made a few phone calls...NO echo, GPS locked within seconds, my Facebook pictures have all synced up with my contacts. Gallery seems fine, root is working. I've changed my lock screen wallpaper with no issues, but I do use widget locker. My speeds seem great both on wifi and the mobile network. And it sleeps, which I had a problem with one of the others not. And all in all...battery is pretty damn good. No forced closures or anything real wonky. I'm not sure why some people have certain issues, and some of them major while others don't. I do think the SuperWipe and Kernel Cleasner are very important steps though! I always do both.

Now I've only been running this for several hours, so I'm sure something will come up, it is a beta....but totally doable as a DD. So if your thinking about testing the waters, I think you come to the right place/port/ROM.

Cant wait to see what you do next.....very impressed! And loving ICS!

Racing19969
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1240

DONATE TO ME
Thanks RikkKeith. Now to make you even happier... Just posted a new UPDATE in the Development section. New ROM is based off the new UCLD2 Leak... Even faster... Camera and Recording Works, Smoother Scrolling and animations... and all the goodness from this rom....

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED OUT!!

Recent Projects: AOKP rom, Baked Rom, PACman Rom, TWRP Recovery2.4 , CWM Recovery, BlueLightning Kernel
LiquidSmooth JB 4.2.1-Alpha, CM 10.1-Unofficial-Alpha
The Following User Says Thank You to Racing19969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quincyfbaby420
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Flash back to stock unrooted rom with odin...it should replace everything..ive soft bricked my phone a couple times where it wouldnt pass the second samsung logo and would go black ..everytime this has happened ive done a stock reset than rooted the phone and so on...should work for you...files and everything you need are in dev section...recover from bad flash...hope this works

illsellyoursoul
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpaws View Post
Thanks a ton! I had not done the darkside superwipe. I'm not sure what it does that wiping everything in recovery didn't do, but it must have done something because it's booting now. Thanks also for attaching the zip.

Now just waiting 5 mins to start playing with it!
I've been experiencing this problem with sky ics, nexus mod, IML74K_Ics_Perfection II.

The thing is all the first ICS roms boot fine on my phone, even IML74K_Ics_Perfection RC and RC2.

I'm no freaking clue whats going on

brentlacydotcom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help!!! Strange Modem Issues

OK. This is the second time this has happened:
I am not a Dev, but not a NOOB either. (Been rooting and flashing since the G1).

I flashed my Tmobile SGS2 to Raver's BlackEdition build no issues. (other than known bugs), but I go to IML74K_Ics_Perfection II, or anything with racer's kernel, and it borks the modem. I followed the directions, using kernel Cleanser, Superwipe, and so on.. Here is what I see

I cannot connect to the tower in my home town (We only have edge here). I drive to the next town over, it registers on the network.

I have tried flashing a new modem, reflshing back to GB (after wiping like crazy) tried reflashing ICS with the Blaze ICS modem afterwards. This is the second SGS2 that has done this. I even tried ODIN Back to stock

My SIM works fine in other dumb phones and Android Phones.

Please help...

oldmoney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by br00x View Post
Hey racer, how would I force wcdma instead of it using gsm/wcdma auto as default? Looked but can't fond the option.

Thank you for this beast too btw!

Sent from my toaster
by dialing *#2236# I think. then choose wcdma 1700

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmoney View Post
by dialing *#2236# I think. then choose wcdma 1700
I mean *#2263#

philliesfan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys, just got my sgs2 last tuesday. Previously had a vibrant which I loved, they also had an awesome ICS community with stable ROMs, based off the i9000 leak I believe?

I've tried NexusMOD but had no luck with it. Used both versions of CWM touch, the open and 5.8.13 and couldnt get a stable build. Reboot and shutdown were hanging up.

Then I tried TDJ's warfare and evo with CWM 5.0.2.7. Both flashed flawlessly and worked great. The only thing with the evo, which I'm assuming is based off the skyrocket port is the call echo. I know a bunch of people in that thread have no echo whatsoever, tdj included. But others do, I flashed multiple time hoping it would go away but no luck.

I'm back on warfare with Eugene's streamline kernel and it works perfect. Smooth, fast and perfect calling. Yaldak released his echo killer and I'm wondering if anyone has a similar situation as mine. I'd like to try evo again with the yaldak fix, but not willing to redo my environment again since I do need a working phone for work, life, etc.

Has anyone tried it with good results?

Thanks in advance

Mister_On
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Google Talk problems

When I log in to Google Talk, it shows my friend list but no one shows as being online when they are online according to my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?