OP kobridge

30th April 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #31  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 584

1,531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge

Do you think aosp kernel works on stock rom? If it is, then I think I can make some test.

If init.d fails on boot, and boot screen is stuck on Samsung logo, then we would flash the rom again. Flashing kernel would not help because it does not delete the system partition. Once after the rom is flashed, do the nandroid recovery that you made before the init.d test.

aosp kernel wouldn't work on tw based roms (stock).
and I odined a kernel because I didn't want to flash anything from an ics recovery so went back to el26 first.
I was trying to just delete the init.d script from adb cause that seemed faster. but couldn't touch /system without su and I couldn't grant it cause it wouldn't boot..
The Following User Says Thank You to gershee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 3,458

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gershee

aosp kernel wouldn't work on tw based roms (stock).
and I odined a kernel because I didn't want to flash anything from an ics recovery so went back to el26 first.
I was trying to just delete the init.d script from adb cause that seemed faster. but couldn't touch /system without su and I couldn't grant it cause it wouldn't boot..

Understood. Maybe sometime I need to flash the AOKP rom and do some test. But right now I just want to stick with stock/Calk/Sfhub's rooted roms. I'm not ready yet to jump in.
30th April 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

I will see what info I can get when I get off of work. I would like to see some of these in our ICS kernels when we get source...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Wow, that's lots of modes over there! Are those from the stock?
D710 Stock only has 4 modes.
30th April 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #34  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,843

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gershee

You shouldn't need su with a custom recovery as the adb is usually already set to give you root permissions when you boot into recovery.
1st May 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #35  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,774

15,543 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobridge

Wow, that's lots of modes over there! Are those from the stock?
D710 Stock only has 4 modes.

no but almost every kernel has those governors, USB fast charge, blinking light notification (BLN), backlight dimmer (BLD), for softkeys as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
1st May 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 453

1,297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

no but almost every kernel has those governors, USB fast charge, blinking light notification (BLN), backlight dimmer (BLD), for softkeys as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

FYI, BLN for the SGS II is a big no-no for now, the BLN holds insane wakelocks and has not yet been fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to odub303 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
The second version tweak coming soon...
Mainly on 41tweaks and build.prop file.

Edit: created issue log section in post #2. It seems like there's some wifi issue. I'm not sure it's Kernel related or this tweak related. Checking it now.

Update: Tested with Wifi Fixer but wifi still do not want to sleep. Now I'm heading to drug store to buy 'phenobarbital'(sleeping-aid). Still checking...
Last edited by kobridge; 1st May 2012 at 08:28 PM.
1st May 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #38  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 18,938

8,412 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saear

Trying to access the toggle for running wifi while in sleep mode.I'm running Calks 2.8.2 rom with the kernal provided in the rom. I don't have any menu or advanced options under wifi settings.

Settings/wireless and network/wi-fi settings, press the menu key, select advanced, select wi-fi sleep policy, select never.
2nd May 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 188

868 posts
Donate to Me
More
All three scripts seem to get me stuck on the SGS2 screen on AOKP m5. I have to odin el26 kernel and then use recovery to remove the scripts. Anyway to troubleshoot? /etc/init.d/ works because I made a test script to echo output to a file in /data/local/tmp

Any way for me to troubleshoot?
2nd May 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL

1,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adma84

All three scripts seem to get me stuck on the SGS2 screen on AOKP m5. I have to odin el26 kernel and then use recovery to remove the scripts. Anyway to troubleshoot? /etc/init.d/ works because I made a test script to echo output to a file in /data/local/tmp

Any way for me to troubleshoot?

SManager if it works on AOKP rom. But please don't use this tweak on AOKP. Some people reported it's causing stuck on boot screen.
I need to test the script and make it to work on AOKP.

Thanks.
Last edited by kobridge; 2nd May 2012 at 03:08 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kobridge For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread