Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to flash EVO 4G to virgin mobile

OP UncivilSavage

1st May 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #51  
StaticMaal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh,NC
Thanks Meter: 348
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAnn

Since you don't have the phone yet...
If you can afford it, I would wait for the Evo 3D, that way you will get 4g, a warranty, and support. The methods here will never get 4g (unless we hack Netzero devices).

The EVO 3D isnt as big as the EVO. EVO is way bigger. That's why I'm hesitant about getting the EVO V 4g. Because of screen size and the triumph is even wider than the EVO 3D. EVO on VM is beast.
1st May 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #52  
LeslieAnn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 46
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMaal

The EVO 3D isnt as big as the EVO. EVO is way bigger. That's why I'm hesitant about getting the EVO V 4g. Because of screen size and the triumph is even wider than the EVO 3D. EVO on VM is beast.

Double check your facts... I think you are mixing up the One V with the Evo 3d.

One V's screen is 3.7in (?), Triumph is 4.1, both Evo 3D and 4G are 4.3, with the 3D having the highest resolution of them all.

The only thing really lesser on the 3D is that the camera size/quality is less than the 4G and lower quality than the One V. It has fewer roms than the 4G, but more than the others, but you don't need 200 roms to have good choices. In almost every other way, the 3D is better than the other phones.
Last edited by LeslieAnn; 1st May 2012 at 12:22 AM.
1st May 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #53  
StaticMaal's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh,NC
Thanks Meter: 348
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAnn

Double check your facts... I think you are mixing up the One V with the Evo 3d.

One V's screen is 3.7in (?), Triumph is 4.1, both Evo 3D and 4G are 4.3, with the 3D having the highest resolution of them all.

The only thing really lesser on the 3D is that the camera size/quality is less than the 4G and lower quality than the One V. It has fewer roms than the 4G, but more than the others, but you don't need 200 roms to have good choices. In almost every other way, the 3D is better than the other phones.

I have checked my facts I went to BestBuy and compared the EVO 3D and Triumph very closely the Triumph maybe 4.1 and EVO 3D maybe 4.3 but if you hold both of the side by side the triumph is wider and the EVO 3D is longer. Don't believe check it yourself go to Wal-Mart or BestBuy and check them out. Yes the EVO is bigger out of all of them.
1st May 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #54  
MrPandroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 268
 
656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Personally, I'm happy with the Shift. Evo 4G felt a little bit too big in my hands... I'm now in the process of test driving a rom for MMS...so far, so good! no force closes, recieved a picture message...lets give it a full hardcore test today...
1st May 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Will methods in op work for the evo 3d? will the roms work? is it necessary to modify anything?
1st May 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #56  
MrPandroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 268
 
656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
The method should work, yes. I've done this now with an Evo and Evo Shift. 3D Should be the same method. The ROMS, on the other hand, will not work. If you follow the guides, you'll get everything working but MMS. However if you go back a page or two, there's a link with how to patch CM7/CM9 ROMs to work for MMS, unless you can live without MMS. That's always an option, as well.


Edit: okay so it works somewhat. I've noticed a strange thing, though. Whenever I send a text that's more than 160 characters, it won't send. Any thoughts?

Edit, part deux: turned on split messages, all is well.


Edit three: for good measure, I tried a bunch of different apps. Go SMS can receive but not send. Handcent and stock are flawless. So I'm a happy camper.
Last edited by MrPandroid; 2nd May 2012 at 02:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #57  
LeslieAnn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 46
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMaal

I have checked my facts I went to BestBuy and compared the EVO 3D and Triumph very closely the Triumph maybe 4.1 and EVO 3D maybe 4.3 but if you hold both of the side by side the triumph is wider and the EVO 3D is longer. Don't believe check it yourself go to Wal-Mart or BestBuy and check them out. Yes the EVO is bigger out of all of them.


I get now that you were referring to in the first post (physical size and then screen size), I thought it was all about screen size. I'm still confused as to your point, though.

Oh, and please don't just say Evo, there is too many phones to just say that.
Last edited by LeslieAnn; 2nd May 2012 at 02:41 AM.
2nd May 2012, 04:25 AM   |  #58  
weinerwad3000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Flagstaff, az
Thanks Meter: 35
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMaal

I have checked my facts I went to BestBuy and compared the EVO 3D and Triumph very closely the Triumph maybe 4.1 and EVO 3D maybe 4.3 but if you hold both of the side by side the triumph is wider and the EVO 3D is longer. Don't believe check it yourself go to Wal-Mart or BestBuy and check them out. Yes the EVO is bigger out of all of them.

Bigger is better. I'm almost tempted to get the galaxy note. 5.3 inch screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	samsung_galaxy_note_hands-on_sg_11-580x481.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1035716  
2nd May 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #59  
MrPandroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 268
 
656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Honestly...not a fan of huge screens personally. But! Having worked for samsung...the note IS a nice phone.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA
2nd May 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #60  
LeslieAnn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 46
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Screen-wise, bigger is better, until it becomes a hassle to carry. The width and thickness of the 4G borders on too large to comfortably carry, for me at least.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evo 4g, flash, flashing, virgin mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes