XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gold_C DFT Error reporting

Tip us?

jeffc313
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum3 View Post
I love this ROM, much better then stock but when I am on a call and the computer voice says" press 1 for xxx press 2 for yyy" I press the buttons but the system doesn;t respond like I didn't press anything at all. Also the Speaker volume seems to be 1/2 as loud. Last but not least is there a GPS program I can d/l? I used navigator all the time but since this ROM doesn't come with it I don't know what to use.
Thanks for your time!
Q
you can search for "TeleNav" in the market, "Waze" in the Bazaar, or you can search online for "Nokia Drive" xap where you would have to deploy from your computer. I'm not going to link to the Nokia Drive as I don't know how legal it is to do so.

aqualls
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum3 View Post
I love this ROM, much better then stock but when I am on a call and the computer voice says" press 1 for xxx press 2 for yyy" I press the buttons but the system doesn;t respond like I didn't press anything at all. Also the Speaker volume seems to be 1/2 as loud. Last but not least is there a GPS program I can d/l? I used navigator all the time but since this ROM doesn't come with it I don't know what to use.
Thanks for your time!
Q
If you didn't yet, try a hard reset. That solved all my issues. I should have remembered that from the TP2 days...

steveoski111
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I too am having issues with the internet speeds. My phone is constantly going into 1x. i can have full bars and it still goes 1x. even with Wifi on the phone still tries to use the cellular data and if that says 1x well its slow as hell. I have re flashed the rom and also done hard resets a few times, it didn't fix it for me, i mean it works great for a little while than the same problems persist.

According to what people are saying in ansar rom, it has the same problem with the connectivity. Hopefully there will be an update to fix this.

Another bug is that picture mail fails 95% of the time. i found that if you switch wifi off and than do a reset it usually works for a few times.

I wonder if we can fix our DATA issue if we input the APN settings into the rom. I used to run droid on my tp2 and we had to configure the APN for things to work as expected. I have searched around google and such and cannot find any working APN settings. Does anyone know of any that will work or have tried it?

steveoski111
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys first off happy Easter to everyone! Secondly, I think I might have found a workaround for the WiFi cutting out on DFT sprint rom for the arrive. If you are on this rom and you have sprint well than you probably noticed the phone always going into 1x and than the WiFi taking forever to load. I had seen a post about shutting off cellular data and that was suppose to help. Well, I tried that and it worked for a little bit but than it stopped.

What I found is that if you change the network setting from automatic to home only that the WiFi no longer cuts out. The phone still says 1x but my WiFi hasn't cut one time and beforehand it was constantly working slow and or not working at all. Also, every picture mail that I have tried to send has went through without a single fail which it was a real pain in the butt to get one to send before. I haven't done too much testing as to whether the phone works better when not in WiFi but since I'm always in the office or at home, I'm always connected. But at least now it's working much much better!

microfirmz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reg Settings for EVDO (3g is slow)

I have, like others, had similar issues. Also, after updating to the rom i noticed that the 3G speeds have dropped significantly (WIFI off).
I am clocking in at ~300k as opposed to 1.2Mb before even though the phone has 5 bars and EV.
I am not sure if this will provide any insight, or if I am even on the right track/know what i am talkin about, but if i browse the registry to
"HKLM\Comm\Cellular\DataSpeed"
There are settings for only 1xEVDO. Is this right?
What about EVDO rev A?
Thanks in advance for any input!

History:
PPC6600>>HTC PPC6700>>HTC Mogul>>HTC Touch Pro 2 >> HTC Arrive
...>> BB Curve >> HTC FUZE >> HTC Radar 4G
>> Samsung Focus

bdlou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by microfirmz View Post
I have, like others, had similar issues. Also, after updating to the rom i noticed that the 3G speeds have dropped significantly (WIFI off).
I am clocking in at ~300k as opposed to 1.2Mb before even though the phone has 5 bars and EV.
I am not sure if this will provide any insight, or if I am even on the right track/know what i am talkin about, but if i browse the registry to
"HKLM\Comm\Cellular\DataSpeed"
There are settings for only 1xEVDO. Is this right?
What about EVDO rev A?
Thanks in advance for any input!
Doesn't seem like that's what that key is for according to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...907971&page=52