Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM]<< Artemis HD2 v73.0 >>[WWE|GER|FRA|ITA|ELL|SPA|PTG|RUS|NLD|NOR|SVE|DAN] WEH6.5

OP sternas

1st May 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #41371  
Recognized Developer
Whoville
Thanks Meter: 3,059

1,114 posts
The software has started showing it's age but still manages to impress me, started with windows mobile on my xda atom ~2004, and still love it.

The only part where i feel android (ics with hwa), windows phone and iOS beat windows mobile is ui fluidity, for some reason, wm though runs rock solid on leo, looks laggy-ish with animations skipping frames even with turbo3d
1st May 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #41372  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,294

5,258 posts
==========================
My
New Web Server is up
If any of first page links don't work
please post the problem here

Now I can continue ...
Last edited by sternas; 1st May 2012 at 09:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sternas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #41373  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,624

6,901 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_1995

The software has started showing it's age but still manages to impress me, started with windows mobile on my xda atom ~2004, and still love it.

The only part where i feel android (ics with hwa), windows phone and iOS beat windows mobile is ui fluidity, for some reason, wm though runs rock solid on leo, looks laggy-ish with animations skipping frames even with turbo3d

Hi,

what do you mean by "looks laggy-ish" with animations skipping frames even with turbo3d"??
My Artemis ROM is fast as hell and not sluggy at all, but I must admit I tweaked it to the outmost!!

best regards, Kuzibri
2nd May 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #41374  
Recognized Developer
Whoville
Thanks Meter: 3,059

1,114 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzibri

Hi,

what do you mean by "looks laggy-ish" with animations skipping frames even with turbo3d"??
My Artemis ROM is fast as hell and not sluggy at all, but I must admit I tweaked it to the outmost!!

best regards, Kuzibri

the start menu appears like they are writing to raw framebuffer instead of using dma from the mdp/gpu. the scrolling is also not as fluid compared to that in ics, ios or even windows phone. The top bar flickers when icons change which again tells us they are updating needless screen area which could have saved them some efficiency. Although I don't have much experience in tweaking wm since i was kinda new to the os and switched to android since i wanted to learn more about linux (as the kernel is open sourced and not because android is open source or has more/better/cheap apps)
2nd May 2012, 11:05 AM   |  #41375  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 30

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sternas

My
New Web Server is up
If any of first page links don't work
please post the problem here

Sternas, FYI, was just checking some of the links and the following appear to have the following problem:
In the HELP section, links 3 and 4 have this error:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /artemis/fixes/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at www.pilotlogic.com Port 80"

Number 1 and 2 work OK.
This is of course only for me, I cannot speak for other users.
Last edited by mregls; 2nd May 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
2nd May 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #41376  
Flag Krško
Thanks Meter: 56

369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mregls

Sternas, FYI, was just checking some of the links and the following appear to have the following problem:

"Forbidden
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Number 1 and 2 work OK.

I confirm - 3 & 4 give a 404-error!
2nd May 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #41377  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,294

5,258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mregls

"Forbidden

Number 1 and 2 work OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2003

I confirm - 3 & 4 give a 404-error!

Thanks Guys
We, try (me and PilotLogic team) to solve and this problem
3rd May 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #41378  
Flag 83
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
Question
Hi guys,
First big thanks to Sternas for his job during last years
I got a question for you guys : got my 2 HD2 since ... huh ... long time, I have Artemis since v6 and tested all the versions
BUT one has the windows broken, I saw the video on how to change it and well it looks like too dificult for my big fingers and my little patience (ps : if somebody in France know where to repair it for not lot $ please let me know)
The second one works well with v66 but now I'm really thinking to change and get a new phone. I'm not really apple addict so I don't like the 4s, I long waited a good new HTC and saw the one X. but well Android ... how can I say I like the windows of my HD2 and all the bugs
so now I really don't know what is the best to do ? to wait little more and get the one XL (better than the X ?), to wait that Sir Sternas makes a Artemis for the One X ? well maybe it's not the good spot to put all my questions but I really like Artemis but I would like to have a better phone with a better camera. and to know what people like me are changing for ?
Thanks again
Peter
3rd May 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #41379  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,624

6,901 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p0v83

Hi guys,
I got a question for you guys : got my 2 HD2 since ... huh ... long time, I have Artemis since v6 and tested all the versions
BUT one has the windows broken, I saw the video on how to change it and well it looks like too dificult for my big fingers and my little patience (ps : if somebody in France know where to repair it for not lot $ please let me know)
The second one works well with v66 but now I'm really thinking to change and get a new phone. I'm not really apple addict so I don't like the 4s, I long waited a good new HTC and saw the one X. but well Android ... how can I say I like the windows of my HD2 and all the bugs
so now I really don't know what is the best to do ? to wait little more and get the one XL (better than the X ?), to wait that Sir Sternas makes a Artemis for the One X ? well maybe it's not the good spot to put all my questions but I really like Artemis but I would like to have a better phone with a better camera. and to know what people like me are changing for ?
Thanks again
Peter

I really understand your dilemma! Wait for a new version of Artemis ROM or buy a new device like the HTC One X. The One X is a beautiful device equipped with the best Android version so far. But. I still love my HD2 and have an SD ICS Version running on it with full capacity (which device can do that????). My opinion would be: As long as your HD2 still works, stay with Artemis and wait for the new version, but if you want to try Android, use this link for an SD Card version:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1492488, using post2 the unofficial AOKP 34 version. I'm convinced you will like that and gives you the opprtunity to explore Android (mind you that a ported version is something different from the real one!!)

best regards, Kuzibri
The Following User Says Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #41380  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 30

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p0v83

Hi guys,
Thanks again
Peter

Here are just my 2cents.
I still use my HD2 (with Android) and will do so until it dies. I have test driven the One X, which is an absolutely magnificent device and will be my replacement. With regards between Windows Mobile 6.x and Android, I prefer Android a million times more. It is maybe not so stable on the HD2 (keeping in mind the device was developed for Windows Mobile) but on the One X it is strong an stable and highly customizable. The only reason I would go back to Windows Mobile is for nostalgia and... well there is no other reason. There is nothing that Windows Mobile does for me ME that Android does not do as well and better.
I am glad that the hardcore Windows Mobile users still have Artemis although it seems it is coming to an end as its user base seems to drop. I am sure there will be many feisty "not true comments" to this but it is inevitable.
Anyway, just my 2cts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mregls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vouj
Previous Thread Next Thread