Post Reply

[Q] Over clocking? Kernel? P930 BENCHMARK?

OP dniz_tha_shiz

16th April 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I am looking for a great overlock for my lg nitro hd.... I know there is one that sets the CPU all the way up to 1.83 GHz but does anyone know the benchmark score of the updated processor...

On average stock the phone pulls around 2500... What is the highest you guys have gotten and how?


Thanks,
Dniz
17th April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #2  
Cromson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kunming / China - 昆明 / 中国
Thanks Meter: 44
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
2500? Which benchmark-prog? Seems a little low to me, if your using Antutu or CF-bench...

With (for example) the optimized kernel from HO!NO! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1547505 you can bring speed (not just speed, its stable too) to your phone. Together with the V1b ROM the benchmark was getting from 5200 to 7500 in Antutu and in CF-bench up to 8400. Also the performance on daily usage is way better than on stock!

Last edited by Cromson; 17th April 2012 at 05:24 AM.
18th April 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
My score is 6494 running stock clock speed of 1512mhz.

I'm running CM9 Nightly 4/17.

Haven't tried overclocking yet, but that might help add some perspective.
19th April 2012, 08:31 AM   |  #4  
Cromson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kunming / China - 昆明 / 中国
Thanks Meter: 44
 
242 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budabellyx

My score is 6494 running stock clock speed of 1512mhz.

I'm running CM9 Nightly 4/17.

Haven't tried overclocking yet, but that might help add some perspective.

That sound pretty good too. Unfortunatly i cant try CM9, not working for LU6200.
I also experienced no more heat, i guess its because the kernel is also undervolted.
On stock it was like a oven under heavy usage, thought it was a broken phone. But since i have the new kernel even under heavy usage, no heat anymore.
19th April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
hereric's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
That's my main reason for wanting a cm9 compatible kernel, the undervolting. While I was running honos rom was the only time my phone didn't get too hot during normal use.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA
19th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 81
 
424 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Yeah I can't wait for a custom CM9 kernal come out.
19th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #7  
scott0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
755 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromson

2500? Which benchmark-prog? Seems a little low to me, if your using Antutu or CF-bench...

With (for example) the optimized kernel from HO!NO! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1547505 you can bring speed (not just speed, its stable too) to your phone. Together with the V1b ROM the benchmark was getting from 5200 to 7500 in Antutu and in CF-bench up to 8400. Also the performance on daily usage is way better than on stock!

NICE!!!
1st May 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Stock ROM HONO Kernal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniz_tha_shiz

I am looking for a great overlock for my lg nitro hd.... I know there is one that sets the CPU all the way up to 1.83 GHz but does anyone know the benchmark score of the updated processor...

On average stock the phone pulls around 2500... What is the highest you guys have gotten and how?


Thanks,
Dniz

8041 - HO!NO! ROM and Kernal @ 1836 MHz (stable but not as smooth operation as stock ROM, I found)

7730 - Stock Bell Optimus 4G LTE P930 ROM with HO!NO! Kernal overclocked to 1836 MHz works the best for me as far as daily operating speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HONO ROM & Kernal 1836 MHz.png
Views:	53
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1035222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock ROM w HONO Kernal 1836mHz.png
Views:	53
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1035223  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes