Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Widgets

Tip us?

cvcduty
Old
(Last edited by cvcduty; 1st May 2012 at 10:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default Asus Widgets

Hi...

I did not see this posted in the GSP threads so I am putting a link for anyone interested in playing with the Asus Widgets with their Galaxy Players.

Just to let everyone know, I did not create or mod any of the widgets so I am not taking any credits for the work. Just providing a link for some cool widgets.

Anyway, I tried all the widgets posted on the link and every one of them work good for my setup. I am using CM9 with dpi set at 190 on my YP-G70 GSP 5.0 INT. I am sure this will work with US version too.
I am not sure, however, if this will work with roms other than ICS roms. If anyone with the GB rom wants to try and report, that would be great.

Please follow directions on the OP of the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1592068

All these widgets need to be copied to the /system/app folder. Permissions need to be set to rw_r__r__. Reboot and enjoy. You will probably want to back up the original apps (email.apk, exchange.apk and deskclock.apk) into another location for safe keeping in case something goes wrong.

The Asus weather widget is a bit of a problem if you live in the US and require F readings instead of the C reading. The save button is hidden and the settings cannot be saved. You need to temporarily change the DPI to 120 in order to set this widget for F temp reading. At DPI set to 120, you can see a sliver of the "Save" button on the corner at portrait mode. Hit this with your desired settings. Once the settings are saved, you can go back to your original DPI and the widget will still work with your new settings.

So... enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-01-16-59-41.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1035255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-05-01-16-59-50.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1035256  
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jayydude_SGP
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty View Post
Hi...

I did not see this posted in the GSP threads so I am putting a link for anyone interested in playing with the Asus Widgets with their Galaxy Players.

Just to let everyone know, I did not create or mod any of the widgets so I am not taking any credits for the work. Just providing a link for some cool widgets.

Anyway, I tried all the widgets posted on the link and every one of them work good for my setup. I am using CM9 with dpi set at 190 on my YP-G70 GSP 5.0 INT. I am sure this will work with US version too.
I am not sure, however, if this will work with roms other than ICS roms. If anyone with the GB rom wants to try and report, that would be great.

Please follow directions on the OP of the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1592068

All these widgets need to be copied to the /system/app folder. Permissions need to be set to rw_r__r__. Reboot and enjoy. You will probably want to back up the original apps (email.apk, exchange.apk and deskclock.apk) into another location for safe keeping in case something goes wrong.

The Asus weather widget is a bit of a problem if you live in the US and require F readings instead of the C reading. The save button is hidden and the settings cannot be saved. You need to temporarily change the DPI to 120 in order to set this widget for F temp reading. At DPI set to 120, you can see a sliver of the "Save" button on the corner at portrait mode. Hit this with your desired settings. Once the settings are saved, you can go back to your original DPI and the widget will still work with your new settings.

So... enjoy...
Thanks bro, you know there is I
A working tablet mod for the sgp 5.0 right?

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App