ICS for Epic Touch!!! FF18 Update thread

1st May 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #4721  
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 257

967 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

So basically Samsung has removed a feature that is standard for Android. So what we are getting is even more Samsung crap rolling onto our phones changing it to what they want and not what we want. Starting to sound like Apple!

If was part of one of the patent infringement suits that Apple won against samsung. The case was directly against samsung though, not android, so the feature only had to be removed from samsung phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wizard Knight For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #4722  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 1,336

4,244 posts
Donate to Me
EL29s touchwiz launcher doesn't have wallpaper scrolling either. This is not necessarily a new touchwiz thing.

The reason it stretches in the ICS launcher is probably because it's built to scroll wallpapers, however, the touchwiz chooser selects 480x800 wallpapers for the home screen. So the launcher is trying to compensate.
tdagraca20
1st May 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #4723  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
if it was patent infringement, then why are other devices still scrolling?
Well, I know samsung and apple have been battling it out over patents, but what makes samsung's scrolling a patent infringement when other android making companies are doing it like htc, lg, etc? I really hope they bring it back because no scrolling wallpaper sucks !
1st May 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #4724  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 284

1,312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnacles10

EL29s touchwiz launcher doesn't have wallpaper scrolling either. This is not necessarily a new touchwiz thing.

The reason it stretches in the ICS launcher is probably because it's built to scroll wallpapers, however, the touchwiz chooser selects 480x800 wallpapers for the home screen. So the launcher is trying to compensate.

I'm using the default ICS launcher that is in our stock roms, because I hate the TW launcher and all TW stuff for that fact, and my wallpaper is not scrolling.
1st May 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #4725  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,175

5,546 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately switching launchers doesn't completely rid yourself of interacting with TouchWiz apps. Pull the Google gallery out of the latest gapps package and push it to system/app. Then use the new gallery to set your wallpaper. Should help a little. I use the TouchWiz launcher when I'm on TouchWiz and Nova when I'm on AOSP. On AOSP I have scrolling wallpaper and on TouchWiz I don't. Not sure if using the Google gallery will give you scrolling in the stock ICS launcher but it should at least give you the proper sizing so it looks right.
1st May 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #4726  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 1,336

4,244 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

I'm using the default ICS launcher that is in our stock roms, because I hate the TW launcher and all TW stuff for that fact, and my wallpaper is not scrolling.

Right, which leaves me to believe its been somehow disabled BUT the ics launcher is still scaling images as if it were scrolling (which explains the enlarged images)
1st May 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #4727  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 148

766 posts
More
What if we take TwLauncher from a version when scrolling did work and push it to our phones on FD26
Last edited by batting1000; 1st May 2012 at 10:07 PM.
1st May 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #4728  
Thanks Meter: 105

415 posts
OMG if I can't have scrolling wallpaper I will kill myself!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
1st May 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #4729  
Thanks Meter: 8

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronet

OMG if I can't have scrolling wallpaper I will kill myself!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Seriously ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elprincipejay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #4730  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 148

766 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprincipejay

Seriously ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium HD app

I think he's being sarcastic. Everyone is making wallpaper scrolling out to be such a huge deal when it's really not...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to batting1000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anarchy, ascertion is sexy, blabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, et4g, ff18, ice cream sandwich, ics, leak, lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, sprint epic 4g touch
Previous Thread Next Thread