Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated with Pics! Diztronic TPU Case

Tip us?

makomek
Old
(Last edited by makomek; 1st May 2012 at 02:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBlizzard View Post
Can anyone tell me the differences between the

Diztronic High Gloss Translucent Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Black TPU Case

How does each one feel, look and which one is recommended for both their aesthetics and their protection? If anyone has any of these, please share your thoughts!
You rather buy all three and decide from there plus it's only $10 each.I have the Matte black but I don't use it anymore .I just don't like the look of it with the case, maybe cause this is my first ever case on a mobile phone I have ever own.

AndroidBlizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by makomek View Post
You rather buy all three and decide from there plus it's only $10 each.I have the Matte black but I don't use it anymore .I just don't like the look of it with the case, maybe cause this is my first ever case on a mobile phone I have ever own.
I am going in that direction, although I am buying at most, 2 of the cases.

Which two should I go with?

nickmv
Old
Thanks Meter 214
How's the camera lens protection with this one? Since the lens is so large, the only means of effective protection is to have the case slightly thicker around the lens, which will help lessen the chance of objects directly striking the lens. If the case protrudes a decent amount above the lens, that's GOOD.

mulderc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Got my case today

Just got my diztronic case today (matte black) and it is pretty awesome. Still very thin but looks like it should protect the phone nicely. I dropped my last phone and cracked the screen so i am very paranoid about dropping this one.

My only complaint is that it came with a screen protector that is total crap.

Still it looks like a great case and is one hell of a deal.

skodann
Old
Thanks Meter 19
they do not deliver in romania...

AndroidBlizzard
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderc View Post
Just got my diztronic case today (matte black) and it is pretty awesome. Still very thin but looks like it should protect the phone nicely. I dropped my last phone and cracked the screen so i am very paranoid about dropping this one.

My only complaint is that it came with a screen protector that is total crap.

Still it looks like a great case and is one hell of a deal.
What do you mean by that the screen protector is crap? Is it a crystal clear version? How is it bad? I was counting on this as a screen protector, if it is not good then I may have to purchase another screen protector separately.

makomek
Old
Thanks Meter 57
the cover is a hair thicker then the lense .I don't see a reason to use a screen protector since this phone has the gorilla glass ll ,I have a sensation and G2x with badly abuse and the screen is still like new.

ascot17
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can anyone tell me the differences between the

Diztronic High Gloss Translucent Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case

Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Black TPU Case

How does each one feel, look and which one is recommended for both their aesthetics and their protection? If anyone has any of these, please share your thoughts!
I ordered the Matte black black and Matte Black Translucent. Both arrived today. They are pretty similar. The translucent one is not quite as dark as the black (but not as grey-looking as the pics on the website). Only the back is matte finish. The front is glossy. I prefer the translucent one as the glossy effect is less obvious then on the black one.

Very nice cases though. Fit well and feel good in the hand. Would recommend!
HTC 802w | WWE 4.4.2 | S-OFF | TWRP | Xposed | HTC One Tweaker | Sense 6 Tooolbox

HTC One S | SIM Unlocked for free! | Facepalm S-OFF | Viper 3.1.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

setzer715
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
I am going in that direction, although I am buying at most, 2 of the cases.

Which two should I go with?
If your looking for someone to TELL you what to buy then stay away from the high gloss. It will most likely be a fingerprint magnet and show scratches more easily. You should note that all cases the front rim is high gloss. I do not know why, my guess is so it matches the screen.

Matte is the best for hiding fingerprints and marks/scratches.

I have both matte black and translucent matte black, both look good but won't have my phone until Thursday to put them on and take pictures. Stupid slow UPS!!!!
1+1 - Running CM11
LG G3 - Returned, JUNK!
LG G2 - Son has it.
Nexus 5 - Sold
Nexus 10 - PurityROM
Nexus 4 - Sold
TMO SGSIII - CM10.1
HTC One S - Sold
TMO SGSII - Sold
Sensation 4G - Sold
MT4G - Got a new one! Stock 2.3.5 with root.
Nexus One - CM9!
Vibrant - Let in-law use it. Just wasn't cutting it for me.
MyTouch3G Slide - Returned
MyTouch 3G - Sold
G1 - Sold

mulderc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The screen protector was easily damaged by my fingernail. It was also very difficult to apply to the screen (but i have always been really bad apply those things).

Maybe you will have better luck but honestly i would go with a better screen protector. Right now i am thinking about just going without. The case makes it where the phone will never rest directly on the screen so i am not all that worried about screen damage.

This case is nice but i have to say with a phone this sexy it is a shame to put it in a case.