FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] help with adb pull

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By katypeaceperry, Junior Member on 6th March 2012, 11:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
how do u use files from my phone to build a complete rom
 
 
7th March 2012, 12:53 AM |#2  
abby_nitewolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katypeaceperry

how do u use files from my phone to build a complete rom

Are you trying to pull the system folder?

And the easy simple way to start is delete bloat, add stuff here and there, theme stuff in the framework-res.apk file, add scripts, turn it into Optimus Prime
7th March 2012, 12:57 AM |#3  
pattielipp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern Maryland
Thanks Meter: 79
 
Donate to Me
More
what exactly are you trying to do?

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

if your in windows, cd into the folder with adb and run the line "adb pull /system" to pull the system folder.
7th March 2012, 04:21 AM |#4  
Txwolf1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville Tx
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katypeaceperry

how do u use files from my phone to build a complete rom

Google 'how to make custom odin images'... Worked for me.
2nd May 2012, 02:42 AM |#5  
timmythanoob's Avatar
Member
Flag Out'chyonder
Thanks Meter: 35
 
Donate to Me
More
Question help please


Ok, i adb pull the framework and cannot find where on my computer the files are.....ive tried several times with several different files with no success.....any ideas?
2nd May 2012, 03:16 AM |#6  
Txwolf1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville Tx
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmythanoob



Ok, i adb pull the framework and cannot find where on my computer the files are.....ive tried several times with several different files with no success.....any ideas?

It pulls it to the directory you are in, when you do the pull.
For example, if you are in desktop, (c:\users\comp_name\desktop) it will put the file there. If you are on the root of your c drive, it'll put it there.
So, look for the directory you are in, in command prompt, and look there for the file.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 03:40 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby_nitewolf

Are you trying to pull the system folder?

And the easy simple way to start is delete bloat, add stuff here and there, theme stuff in the framework-res.apk file, add scripts, turn it into Optimus Prime

All I'm interested in is that last step. That's what I want!
5th May 2012, 07:24 AM |#8  
abby_nitewolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Umadbro?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes