No registration required

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9.1.0d (Android 4.0.4) [20130107]

OP kabaldan

1st May 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #771  
Thanks Meter: 4

223 posts
hi
i have a problem
my friends say to me that they send to me a s.m.s messages and i dont see them on my device but on they device that see it...
how i can fix it?
1st May 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #772  
/home
Thanks Meter: 382

538 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adome5

hi
i have a problem
my friends say to me that they send to me a s.m.s messages and i dont see them on my device but on they device that see it...
how i can fix it?

They can see a message they have sent to you? That's just great! And if they delete it? Can they still see it?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #773  
Flag Split
Thanks Meter: 250

1,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adome5

hi
i have a problem
how i can fix it?

Go back to CM7 and you will see messages. I told you five times already and you're not listening.

This device is too low on memory to run CM9 so it closes everything in background, do you understand?
1st May 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #774  
Thanks Meter: 126

960 posts
which last build do you mean? i dont need tether.
1st May 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #775  
Thanks Meter: 42

295 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3n00

Go back to CM7 and you will see messages. I told you five times already and you're not listening.

This device is too low on memory to run CM9 so it closes everything in background, do you understand?

Maybe it is not ram as kabaldan said, since it occurs to devices with larger ram as well. We have to wait and see.
1st May 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #776  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 897

1,206 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's an over-aggressive Android memory management routine that's killing the SMS/MMS service (which then, eventually, restarts itself) and any messages that are delivered to the radio while the service isn't running are lost, as the radio has no "cache" to hold the messages until the service is available again to insert them into the database.

SMS/MMS delivery process:
Tower -> Radio chip -> Radio driver -> SMS service -> SMS database -> SMS app

The radio driver dumps any received SMS to the SMS service, but if the service isn't running at the time, the message gets lost. You can easily reproduce this issue on ANY ROM by loading an app that attempts to consume all device RAM. Android will keep killing background processes until it starts killing some services. I can cause the same issue to occur on the stock Telus ROM by trying to launch Draw Something (which runs) or another memory-hungry app.

It's not a bug in this (or any other) specific ROM, it's an issue with the Android memory management system that can be reproduced on any device (although it's much harder to reproduce on devices with more RAM) and any Android version.

/rant
The Following User Says Thank You to dstruct2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #777  
Flag Oxford, UK
Thanks Meter: 69

792 posts
Donate to Me
More
I told my parents that my phone is not receiving messages and I need a new phone
Can't wait for my s3!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #778  
Thanks Meter: 14

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k

It's an over-aggressive Android memory management routine that's killing the SMS/MMS service (which then, eventually, restarts itself) and any messages that are delivered to the radio while the service isn't running are lost, as the radio has no "cache" to hold the messages until the service is available again to insert them into the database.

SMS/MMS delivery process:
Tower -> Radio chip -> Radio driver -> SMS service -> SMS database -> SMS app

The radio driver dumps any received SMS to the SMS service, but if the service isn't running at the time, the message gets lost. You can easily reproduce this issue on ANY ROM by loading an app that attempts to consume all device RAM. Android will keep killing background processes until it starts killing some services. I can cause the same issue to occur on the stock Telus ROM by trying to launch Draw Something (which runs) or another memory-hungry app.

It's not a bug in this (or any other) specific ROM, it's an issue with the Android memory management system that can be reproduced on any device (although it's much harder to reproduce on devices with more RAM) and any Android version.

/rant

Soy we have to lock in memory SMS messages and that is it ?
Zeppelinrox supercharger script could work ?
2nd May 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #779  
/home
Thanks Meter: 382

538 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igna.worn

Soy we have to lock in memory SMS messages and that is it ?
Zeppelinrox supercharger script could work ?

It will not work. And, as said, there is a certain possibility that it is not exclusively limited ram problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #780  
Flag IN THE FREAKIN' OP
Thanks Meter: 21,430

9,314 posts
Donate to Me
More
The "BulletProof Apps" feature may work... it wouldn't hurt anyway
It will apply renice and apply ADJ priority of -17 every 30 seconds.

Haven't had reports of increased battery usage as it still goes to deep sleep without issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to zeppelinrox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread