Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

OP ozzmanj1

2nd May 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #491  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraeniesh

That probably has to follow with tomorrows gaming announcement.

Sent from my CM9 Kindle Fire

Hopefully

Sent from my R800x using xda premium
2nd May 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #492  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 161

1,072 posts
More
So if I use flashtool to flash back to stock that will wipe all my apps correct? But then I can use Titanium to restore them (well the ones I backed up anyway)?

Tried to download the update and it failed on install, not sure why, it seems to have worked for others who are rooted with unlocked BL
2nd May 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #493  
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,517

3,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

So if I use flashtool to flash back to stock that will wipe all my apps correct? But then I can use Titanium to restore them (well the ones I backed up anyway)?

Tried to download the update and it failed on install, not sure why, it seems to have worked for others who are rooted with unlocked BL

We are all using the nandroid backup from netzn, restore via recovery nandroid restore, then wipe all data and factory reset. Then boot. I am using 2.3.4 and running doomkernel, though for doomkernel wifi see my network but doesnt connect
2nd May 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #494  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,491

2,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

We are all using the nandroid backup from netzn, restore via recovery nandroid restore, then wipe all data and factory reset. Then boot. I am using 2.3.4 and running doomkernel, though for doomkernel wifi see my network but doesnt connect

Have you tried with a static ip address to see if that works?
2nd May 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #495  
Flag New York

1,072 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgregoryj1

Yeah but that backup is with an unlocked bootloader, mine is locked, will that screw it up?
2nd May 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #496  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
making junistr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

Yeah but that backup is with an unlocked bootloader, mine is locked, will that screw it up?

Really if you have the time just try backing your stuff up with titanium and doing the flash 2.3.3, root then update thing.
2nd May 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #497  
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,517

3,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Have you tried with a static ip address to see if that works?

Tried it, still the same. Everything else works great, its just no wifi connection, it sees it but nothing... hmmm... I think last time I had a similar issue i went to the file under system/libs/modules and long pressed and changed the permissions as they were not right, tried that tonight but the permissions were already set to what I was going to change it to, so same boat
2nd May 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #498  
Thanks Meter: 90

513 posts
Silly cdma users when will you learn, you will always be shafted. Cdma network providers are hardcore to ensure you stay branded.
2nd May 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #499  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
rooted 2.3.4
did mine a little different, I used SE Update Service to get back to stock 2.3.3 because my BL is locked, and I didn't backup my original before I deleted a bunch of Verizon bloatware. Then I downloaded the update. I then rooted with SuperOneClick and once rooted I applied the update and it worked!!

Now have the newest 2.3.4 on a rooted R800x with a locked BL....Now I gotta go and delete all that Verizon bloatware that came with it
2nd May 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #500  
Flag New York

1,072 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieB4uwake

did mine a little different, I used SE Update Service to get back to stock 2.3.3 because my BL is locked, and I didn't backup my original before I deleted a bunch of Verizon bloatware. Then I downloaded the update. I then rooted with SuperOneClick and once rooted I applied the update and it worked!!

Now have the newest 2.3.4 on a rooted R800x with a locked BL....Now I gotta go and delete all that Verizon bloatware that came with it

This is what I am doing right now. I also Ti - Backedup all my games, so I will be restoring them and then whacking some bloatware

Edit: Seems to have worked, lost my activation which is weird... checking on root now

Edit 2: It worked!
Last edited by Rogue Leader; 2nd May 2012 at 06:46 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue Leader For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread