Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 53,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heavy Duty Cases

Tip us?

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Got the Seidio Active case in and here are my thoughts:

As far as the case for the phone, it holds it real tight. No creaking, etc like there was with the otter box. Also it is much thinner. I would be more worried if I dropped it in the case although it still offers protection.

The belt clip is a much better design. No problems with it at all. Phone seems to sit nicely in case and does not feel lose.

The only other thing I don't like is that there are no covers for the openings on the phone like the usb, headphone jack. Overall very good product.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png
The Following User Says Thank You to megatronisabeast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stormleader
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I find some really cool cases on Ebay, I'll test then and let you know a soon as they arrive

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using xda premium
Telstra HTC Velocity 4G
Rooted and S-Off
BoRKeD RoM

a40dayflud818
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronisabeast View Post
Got the Seidio Active case in and here are my thoughts:

As far as the case for the phone, it holds it real tight. No creaking, etc like there was with the otter box. Also it is much thinner. I would be more worried if I dropped it in the case although it still offers protection.

The belt clip is a much better design. No problems with it at all. Phone seems to sit nicely in case and does not feel lose.

The only other thing I don't like is that there are no covers for the openings on the phone like the usb, headphone jack. Overall very good product.
Agree 100% with this post. I am really rather surprised because for the Inspire the Active case was MUCH more solid. Had covering over the port and even came with it's own screen protector. The other thing I'm surprised about is the way they didn't make the stand inter-changable. You can't have it stand up and on the charger at the same time. Oh well. I'm still very pleased.

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by a40dayflud818 View Post
Agree 100% with this post. I am really rather surprised because for the Inspire the Active case was MUCH more solid. Had covering over the port and even came with it's own screen protector. The other thing I'm surprised about is the way they didn't make the stand inter-changable. You can't have it stand up and on the charger at the same time. Oh well. I'm still very pleased.

That is true, never thought about it. I did find another benefit though, the seido also has nice finger grips on the sides which make it easier to hold. The otter box didn't have anything like this.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png

bigj8705
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone find one that works with an extended Battery ?

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 511
can an otter box commuter cause issues with overheating?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

cougmeister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
can an otter box commuter cause issues with overheating?

it will make your phone run warmer, but it won't overheat. Any case you use will cause some excess heat.

Sent from my HTC Vivid rockin' the latest and greatest WCX Rom!

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Took my otter box off for a day and for the sake of testing I played Pandora for a whole hour no wifi and yep it still overheated so the otterbox is back on and not causing the issue I'm having. Its obviously Pandora and ics and lte all together causing the issue

krustmother
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am interested in the otterbox defender, I have read review on Amazon.
The reviews state that ppl have a hard time hearing you. Does anyone find this to be the case?

cougmeister
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by krustmother View Post
I am interested in the otterbox defender, I have read review on Amazon.
The reviews state that ppl have a hard time hearing you. Does anyone find this to be the case?
its a good case. I have the commuter and defender. I have to say though, I think I prefer the commuter. It really just depends on what you want though. The good thing about the defender is that the silicone shell is more like tpu than silicone, so its not a dust magnet.

Sent from my HTC Vivid rockin' the latest and greatest WCX Rom!