Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[DEV] Las Venturas - 2.6.35 kernel port for Hero // Version: 1.2 - 13 May

OP riemervdzee

1st May 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #1241  
riemervdzee's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dokkum
Thanks Meter: 297
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmcPL

Hey, does it work Android 2.1 roms? Also, what cpu governors are supported?

It works with the majority of all Android ROMs. Sense can be annoying though (especially usb-tethering).
Governors:
- Performance
- Userspace
- Ondemand
- Interactive
- Conservative
- Smartass v1
- Smartass v2


@gkiller, ok, gonna check it out when I come back
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riemervdzee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #1242  
lost101's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,373
 
1,837 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Zero problems with mounting sdcard here. ICS 4.0.3 w/ lv 1.1.
2nd May 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #1243  
1ceb0x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5,834
 
5,105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
thank you for your work Riemer. Happy to test this with ICS rom & include it in it if that's ok !
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ceb0x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #1244  
riemervdzee's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dokkum
Thanks Meter: 297
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
@gkillerx I'll try to get zram working today.

Last night I have been trying again to get a 2.26.38 working on our hero's, but it seems I can't find any appropriate yaffs2 drivers for it. The current 2.6.38 corrupts the /system/ partition, while the current .35 ones don't work on the newer versions (interface changes). Guess there is no other kernel dev around willing to help? :P
Rewriting them would take a lot of time
Last edited by riemervdzee; 2nd May 2012 at 02:33 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riemervdzee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #1245  
gkillerx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Hi riemervdzee,

I encounterd an other problem. The music player randomly freeses and I also lose my GSM connection then. This happend 2 today but it happend when I was driving so I coudn't do dmesg....

I just arrived home but that was 3 or 4 hours later so I decided to try and replicate it at home and it happend again and this time I got the kernel dump. But GSM showed that it had a connection but the music player just froos. in the status bar it showed the song that was on but there was no sound and it was playing 0:00. I had to pause the song, playback (to 0:00 lol) and it started again after pushing play.

I also got the not mounting in it (mount and nothing happend). I also tested the kernel (v1) on 4.0.3 and there I had no problems with mounting.

Attached is the kerneldump. Hope it helps you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt kerneldump.txt - [Click for QR Code] (123.1 KB, 4 views)
2nd May 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #1246  
riemervdzee's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dokkum
Thanks Meter: 297
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
All these problems happened under which ROM? It seems the music app got killed, probably due low memory. Maybe the ROM has the mem killer tweaked badly?
I always found the AutoKiller handy, so you could set the mem tweaks from an app (and it has more tweaks).
Did they also occur under the ICS 4.0.3 one?
2nd May 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #1247  
Habarug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 416
 
1,672 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkillerx

Hi riemervdzee,

I encounterd an other problem. The music player randomly freeses and I also lose my GSM connection then. This happend 2 today but it happend when I was driving so I coudn't do dmesg....

I just arrived home but that was 3 or 4 hours later so I decided to try and replicate it at home and it happend again and this time I got the kernel dump. But GSM showed that it had a connection but the music player just froos. in the status bar it showed the song that was on but there was no sound and it was playing 0:00. I had to pause the song, playback (to 0:00 lol) and it started again after pushing play.

I also got the not mounting in it (mount and nothing happend). I also tested the kernel (v1) on 4.0.3 and there I had no problems with mounting.

Attached is the kerneldump. Hope it helps you!

I find the music app which is included really unstable. Try another musicplayer instead, I use ^3 (aka Cubed) from play store

Edit: Was the music issue on ICS?
Last edited by Habarug; 2nd May 2012 at 08:02 PM.
2nd May 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #1248  
gkillerx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Rom is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1003381

With no task killers or supercharger script.

I have no idea if this also happens on ICS because I coudn't test this.
I do know that when I install flykernel there are no problems
2nd May 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #1249  
MongooseHelix's Avatar
Senior Member
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks Meter: 454
 
711 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by riemervdzee

Last night I have been trying again to get a 2.26.38 working on our hero's, but it seems I can't find any appropriate yaffs2 drivers for it. The current 2.6.38 corrupts the /system/ partition, while the current .35 ones don't work on the newer versions (interface changes). Guess there is no other kernel dev around willing to help? :P
Rewriting them would take a lot of time

While I would love to help out on the Eris side, I'm far from being a kernel dev and right now just trying to catch up and learn enough to get a .35 kernel going for the Eris. Very appreciative to have your source along with jaybob's for heroc to look at and use.
3rd May 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #1250  
riemervdzee's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Dokkum
Thanks Meter: 297
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkillerx

Rom is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1003381

With no task killers or supercharger script.

I have no idea if this also happens on ICS because I coudn't test this.
I do know that when I install flykernel there are no problems

I switched to the ROM to test the problems out, did the following:
1: flashed the ROM just let it boot. Mounting usb ofc works (due the flykernel)
2: Flashed LV 1.1, just let it boot again. Mounting usb doesn't work of course as I didn't wiped dalvik.
3: went to recovery again, wiped dalvik, booted the bugger and usb just works.

Are you sure you wiped dalvik after installing LV? I think the other "strange" bugs are related to not wiping as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHelix

While I would love to help out on the Eris side, I'm far from being a kernel dev and right now just trying to catch up and learn enough to get a .35 kernel going for the Eris. Very appreciative to have your source along with jaybob's for heroc to look at and use.

Is the .35 version already working for the Eris? I always love to help you out if not. I'm thinking of dropping 2.6.38 for now, as I have not enough time to write a whole new yaffs driver. So, any new project is always welcome hehe :P
Got g-talk or something? mine is: riemervdzee@gmail.com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.6.35, kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes