Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

OP civato

1st May 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #2201  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 15

267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218

okay thanks. From the research I've done, ICS bootloader just allows for working fastboot in case of serious error occurs, you're not stuck. Will I still get all the perks of ICS despite still having the HC bootloader? I just want to get to ICS so I stop receiving updates about it. After that, I'm pretty content.

To get all the "perks" of ICS bl, it is probably advisable to change to the ICS bl. Soon many devs will no longer support the HC bl and a change over is going to be a necessity anyway.
2nd May 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #2202  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153

964 posts
More
VIKINGS LOL!! have you met the dancing one from youtube? lol

i know were not soposed to ask for eta's but do you think we will get the faceunlock anytime?
The Following User Says Thank You to chismay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #2203  
Flag Bremerton, WA
Thanks Meter: 62

244 posts
More
FULL stock reflash still sod
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlkarloff

Just wanted to say that I've been running various versions of Flexreaper for quite some time and the only time I had SOD was right after I updated to the ICS bootloader. But that was only because I forgot to flash the ICS kernel. As soon as I flashed the proper kernel, the SOD problem went away. I'm sure everyone does this, but when I flash a ROM, i do full wipe...system, data, cache, flexrom, dalvik, battery stats, etc. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I've never had a problem. The few times I've tried to squeak by without doing a full wipe, something always causes an issue. I'm looking forward to R14, cause I'm sure it will kick ass just like the others.

Okay. I've pretty much reached my limit. I rolled back to stock 3.2 GEN2 using a nandroid CWM backup I made right after getting my tab. Went ahead and let it do a couple OTA updates to 3.2.1. This, of course, killed root and recovery. At that point it wouldn't upgrade past that so i installed the ICS upgrade helper app Acer put on the play store. Forced an OTA update from settings/about and after a bit I had ICS 4.0.3 / 1.033 / CUS1 version installed.

At this point it is fully stock, boot loader and all. Guess what? Yup - left it running while I went to work today and had SoD when I got home. I have a ticket in with Acer but so far the only thing they've had me do is a full reset (the toggle screen lock 3 times thing). Time to escalate it with them I guess. Still don't understand why I got no SoD with the .022 kernel on flexreaper but I can't really bring that up with them.

Civato - have you dissected enough of the kernel stuff to know what the actual differences between .022 and 1.033 are? Is there anything changed in 1.033 that you suspect could be causing it?

Thanks.
2nd May 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #2204  
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46

595 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

im really stumped. i usually get all the problems, i flashed the 103.0 ics leak and was stuck with no boot loader, no recovery and i crap rom (lets b honest the stock ics 13 leak was crap.

so i apx'd and used the blackthunder apx flash tool to install the ics bootloader+recovery

i then downloaded the flexreaper r12.5, used the new recovery 1.7 thor to install the rom, booted up

had sod about 5 times in 3 minutes, i read further, i downloaded the boot-ics.img from the first post, the 2mb one,.

installed with recovery, im now running 100%!
I HAVENT HAD A SOD IN 2 DAYS NOW
WIFI IS ALWAYS ON+ NEVER HAD A DROP

current uptime = 17hrs 55mins 55sec and i have 72% battery left , i have been using gmaps, games and browsing the net sporadically. i think the battery life is great

my boot animation is blue/grey circling matrix numbers, if you have something else you went wrong

also thankx to civato,blackthunder,timmyd, dibbs from the a500 forum i would still be stuck on leak ics otherwise

This boot-ics.img you are talking about, are the bootloaders... Like 2 for ics and maybe 2 or three for hc.

Tried them all and got sod on all. The flexreaper and .022 bootloader gave me no sod.
2nd May 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #2205  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 606

1,894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun298

This boot-ics.img you are talking about, are the bootloaders... Like 2 for ics and maybe 2 or three for hc.

Tried them all and got sod on all. The flexreaper and .022 bootloader gave me no sod.

Those aren't boot loaders, they are boot.img. Entirely different things that you are confusing. It doesn't sound like your SOD will ever be solved so why don't you move on or start a new thread instead of clogging this one with a problem that is not caused by Flexreaper. You have so many posts about SOD in here no one else can get a word in. Just give up already and go back to 3.2.1.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #2206  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,611

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaNeko59

Okay. I've pretty much reached my limit. I rolled back to stock 3.2 GEN2 using a nandroid CWM backup I made right after getting my tab. Went ahead and let it do a couple OTA updates to 3.2.1. This, of course, killed root and recovery. At that point it wouldn't upgrade past that so i installed the ICS upgrade helper app Acer put on the play store. Forced an OTA update from settings/about and after a bit I had ICS 4.0.3 / 1.033 / CUS1 version installed.

At this point it is fully stock, boot loader and all. Guess what? Yup - left it running while I went to work today and had SoD when I got home. I have a ticket in with Acer but so far the only thing they've had me do is a full reset (the toggle screen lock 3 times thing). Time to escalate it with them I guess. Still don't understand why I got no SoD with the .022 kernel on flexreaper but I can't really bring that up with them.

Civato - have you dissected enough of the kernel stuff to know what the actual differences between .022 and 1.033 are? Is there anything changed in 1.033 that you suspect could be causing it?

Thanks.

Without source code it is very hard to tell but I will take a look at the power settings and compare lines .
Last edited by civato; 2nd May 2012 at 06:30 AM.
2nd May 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #2207  

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun298

I suggest you do the same as Bakanego and restore to stock and OTA to ICS and if it still SoD you get a support ticket with Acer m8 , nothing I can do about it.
Never have SoD.
2nd May 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #2208  

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisme

VIKINGS LOL!! have you met the dancing one from youtube? lol

i know were not soposed to ask for eta's but do you think we will get the faceunlock anytime?

Yes I've seen him.
And face lock , tried , never got it 100%, and my face in unlockable
2nd May 2012, 10:22 AM   |  #2209  
Flag LONDON
Thanks Meter: 153

964 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

Yes I've seen him.
And face lock , tried , never got it 100%, and my face in unlockable

LMAO! i know i know giggady giggady gimmick lol yea i was into yoyo when i was younger lmao

to the other guys i you do the step i did you should get this up time without sod no probs. i have in fact had the tab on longer but switched off because i was travelling with the tab in a rough way and didnt want a jiggle fail lol

2nd May 2012, 12:18 PM   |  #2210  
Thanks Meter: 6

110 posts
More
Anyone have idea why YouTube app seems to have lag when playing HQ videos? It got a lot better when I upgraded the bootloader to ics v3, and did a fresh install of R13, but it still gets skipped frames.
I watch a lot of HD super street fighter 4 matches, which makes the frame skips very noticeable...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread