5,593,793 Members 46,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

Tip us?

psxnitro
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Anyone have idea why YouTube app seems to have lag when playing HQ videos? It got a lot better when I upgraded the bootloader to ics v3, and did a fresh install of R13, but it still gets skipped frames.
I watch a lot of HD super street fighter 4 matches, which makes the frame skips very noticeable...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium App

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxnitro View Post
Anyone have idea why YouTube app seems to have lag when playing HQ videos? It got a lot better when I upgraded the bootloader to ics v3, and did a fresh install of R13, but it still gets skipped frames.
I watch a lot of HD super street fighter 4 matches, which makes the frame skips very noticeable...

Not having that problem, maybe your connection speed.

mantrajt
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxnitro View Post

This happens for me too. It lags a lot while watching hd videos.

Also videos take longer to load in YouTube.

Browser also seems slower

Volume is kind of low...

PD I just installed this rom so this are kind of my first impressions. Otherwise the from is pretty smooth

Sent from my A500 using XDA

shaun298
Old
(Last edited by shaun298; 2nd May 2012 at 01:49 PM.) Reason: N
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
I suggest you do the same as Bakanego and restore to stock and OTA to ICS and if it still SoD you get a support ticket with Acer m8 , nothing I can do about it.
Never have SoD.

Love the rom and not going back. Last question, was I supposed to flash a boot.img for ics...?

BTW, I don't blame you for my minor tab problem which I will sort out, im just a little slow and old and don't want to miss something I did stupid or left out. Thanks

merc669
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Still confused about with Bootloader I have. But read this ;http://androidforums.com/iconia-tab-...-question.html . I do not think I have Fastboot on my A500. I do no I get only a shutdown if you hold pwr. And booting into CWM does not show a fastboot. So correct me if I am wrong but this would indicate I am on HC and not the leaked ICS Bootloader. Am I correct in this? Or is there a better way to tell? Thanks!! Hard to keep up with all the changes and have been using Civato and currently on V11 I believe.

Bill...

hardslog
Old
Thanks Meter 1072

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc669 View Post
Still confused about with Bootloader I have. But read this ;http://androidforums.com/iconia-tab-...-question.html . I do not think I have Fastboot on my A500. I do no I get only a shutdown if you hold pwr. And booting into CWM does not show a fastboot. So correct me if I am wrong but this would indicate I am on HC and not the leaked ICS Bootloader. Am I correct in this? Or is there a better way to tell? Thanks!! Hard to keep up with all the changes and have been using Civato and currently on V11 I believe.

Bill...
Download Acer recovery installer from the market and open it. It will tell you which bootloader you have. HC is the 3.01 bootloader.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Also to those who are having SoD issues, try installing an app called aLogcat from the market. This app will create logs on your tablet of everything that is going on. It might be able to give you some information about what is causing the SoD. I know a lot of the Devs in the phone sections ask for logcat files when dealing with SoD issues.

hyperkamote
Old
(Last edited by hyperkamote; 2nd May 2012 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Sr. Civ is it normal from your R13 that when the the TAB is booted up, after the acer logo is over you see this weird broken screen pixilated sort of image.. as i remember before after the acer logo, then it becomes 2 acer...

and by your quote "Autodetection for ICS (0.3.12) V3 unlocked bootloader users and HC (3.01) bootloader users." what do yo mean? does it automatically install or choose bootloader that come's in the rom?
Stupidity Isn't Painful.... =)

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperkamote View Post
Sr. Civ is it normal from your R13 that when the the TAB is booted up, after the acer logo is over you see this weird broken screen pixilated sort of image.. as i remember before after the acer logo, then it becomes 2 acer...

and by your quote "Autodetection for ICS (0.3.12) V3 unlocked bootloader users and HC (3.01) bootloader users." what do yo mean? does it automatically install or choose bootloader that come's in the rom?
Update your bootloader to ICS bootloader V3 unlocked one.
Stop using the pussy HC bootloader , it's time all of you ICS users update it , haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sorry got carried away , stress at work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chismay
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Yeah I had that screen for a while....like a broken LCD,, seems after a few start ups it resolved itself on my tab
If I Have Helped You Please Click The Thanks Button

ASUS GOOGLE NEXUS 7 32GB
ACER ICONIA A500 ICS FLEXREAPER-EX V5.1
HTC HERO GSM CYANOGENMOD7
GOOGLE GALAXY NEXUS STOCK
MK808 4.2.2 ANDROID TV STICK
SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE THE MYTH ROM ICS V3
SAMSUNG GALAXY S I9003 TITANIUM ROM V3
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 I9300 STOCK
SAMSUNG GALAXY MIN S8850 STOCK
ELONEX TAB 2.1(CRAP)
MISCROLL TAB 3.2(SLIGHTLY BETTER)

jcarley0830
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Well the whole tablet mod thing freaks me out as it is, even though I've flashed lots of roms on my phone.

Currently running HC bootloader and the guide to upgrade to ICS V3 unlocked is WAY over my head so will stick with HC for now.

Simple question:
Running V10 i think. Whatever one was right before you started including % on battery. To upgrade to V13 can i just flash the rom over the one that's already there or do i still need to do a complete wipe and format?

Thanks!