Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone run their TF201 straight stock?

Tip us?

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1116
I do. Unrooted on 9.4.2.21.
I run my own on nexus prime but we have it easy over there, compared to other devices.
Still, rooting the prime still has at least one thing the user needs to remember after rooting process itself: when you root, either because you need to keep warranty or because you want to tweak the device, you need to make sure that everything you change on a stock rom, you need to put it back before running OTA.
I will unlock my tfp, surely, and there's already a few things i want to try, but i'm still thinking about asus RMA. I don't really want to loose track of my device, but light bleed seems to stand out even more when you know its there, even if it's just a bit.
I have not experienced any "random" reboot, but i believe the stock rom doesn't seem to do justice to Tegra3 - in fact, ics 4.0.3 was way faster in my phone.

Sent from my TF201
hammerhead/omni-KTU84M/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-2.0.50.1.13
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)

hajalie24
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I do, unfortunately. Stupid me updated when I first got it. I don't want to unlock yet as I will probably end up RMA'ing this prime for wifi/bt issues. Just waiting to get back my other prime from RMA.

TeCKNeiC
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
I am running Stock but I did Root because of I wanted to use AdFree and Titianium Backup Apps. I have an Android Phone that I love to Flash new ROMS to and I eventually will Unlock my Prime and do the same to I just don't see the need to at the moment.
This. The only reason I rooted was for these two apps, the ability to delete some system apps and the ability to run at 1.6 just cause. The Prime runs so much better without ads in the background draining my battery.

Now I want to know how that guy changed his docking sound, that sounds like a sick idea!
White Samsung Note 3
  • MiniN3:MAXIMUS V5.2
  • TWRP

Amethyst Rooted Asus Transformer Infinity TF700
  • UNLOCKED and POSSIBLY BRICKED
  • CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.0.2
  • TWRP

razgrizpr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default rooting doesn't void?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papichulo06 View Post
Have my prime rooted. I've had a rooted AND unlocked Android device ever since the HTC G1. I would love to be able to unlock my Prime and slap the best ROM on it but I'm too afraid of voiding warranty. After my 1yr though... you better believe I'm unlocking. There is just no match in performance when it comes to custom vs stock.
I have been around looking for an answer for this. What you are trying to say is that rooting won't void the warranty as long as you don't unlock it? Because I want to advantages of root but I don't want to loose my warranty so early.

Thanks in advance!

dom2215
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeCKNeiC View Post
This. The only reason I rooted was for these two apps, the ability to delete some system apps and the ability to run at 1.6 just cause. The Prime runs so much better without ads in the background draining my battery.

Now I want to know how that guy changed his docking sound, that sounds like a sick idea!
You should not delete System apps if you want asus updates, if tried it too, but after i got a new asus update and tried to install it, i got an error and i had to reflash my current system

hairdewx
Old
Thanks Meter 265
My wife runs her prime stock.

It's just better that way for her....
See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx

texstar
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I've been stock for the past couple of months but I'm ready to go root on it.

brantje
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Stock firmware (.21) but rooted.

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgrizpr View Post
I have been around looking for an answer for this. What you are trying to say is that rooting won't void the warranty as long as you don't unlock it? Because I want to advantages of root but I don't want to loose my warranty so early.

Thanks in advance!
yes

10chars

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
hammerhead/omni-KTU84M/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-2.0.50.1.13
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)

razgrizpr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks!!
I really appreciate your help!