Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anyone run their TF201 straight stock?

OP acdcking12345

24th April 2012, 08:18 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 1,142

4,727 posts
More
I do. Unrooted on 9.4.2.21.
I run my own on nexus prime but we have it easy over there, compared to other devices.
Still, rooting the prime still has at least one thing the user needs to remember after rooting process itself: when you root, either because you need to keep warranty or because you want to tweak the device, you need to make sure that everything you change on a stock rom, you need to put it back before running OTA.
I will unlock my tfp, surely, and there's already a few things i want to try, but i'm still thinking about asus RMA. I don't really want to loose track of my device, but light bleed seems to stand out even more when you know its there, even if it's just a bit.
I have not experienced any "random" reboot, but i believe the stock rom doesn't seem to do justice to Tegra3 - in fact, ics 4.0.3 was way faster in my phone.

Sent from my TF201
24th April 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 14

228 posts
I do, unfortunately. Stupid me updated when I first got it. I don't want to unlock yet as I will probably end up RMA'ing this prime for wifi/bt issues. Just waiting to get back my other prime from RMA.
26th April 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 76

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54

I am running Stock but I did Root because of I wanted to use AdFree and Titianium Backup Apps. I have an Android Phone that I love to Flash new ROMS to and I eventually will Unlock my Prime and do the same to I just don't see the need to at the moment.

This. The only reason I rooted was for these two apps, the ability to delete some system apps and the ability to run at 1.6 just cause. The Prime runs so much better without ads in the background draining my battery.

Now I want to know how that guy changed his docking sound, that sounds like a sick idea!
26th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
rooting doesn't void?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papichulo06

Have my prime rooted. I've had a rooted AND unlocked Android device ever since the HTC G1. I would love to be able to unlock my Prime and slap the best ROM on it but I'm too afraid of voiding warranty. After my 1yr though... you better believe I'm unlocking. There is just no match in performance when it comes to custom vs stock.

I have been around looking for an answer for this. What you are trying to say is that rooting won't void the warranty as long as you don't unlock it? Because I want to advantages of root but I don't want to loose my warranty so early.

Thanks in advance!
26th April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeCKNeiC

This. The only reason I rooted was for these two apps, the ability to delete some system apps and the ability to run at 1.6 just cause. The Prime runs so much better without ads in the background draining my battery.

Now I want to know how that guy changed his docking sound, that sounds like a sick idea!

You should not delete System apps if you want asus updates, if tried it too, but after i got a new asus update and tried to install it, i got an error and i had to reflash my current system
26th April 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 269

659 posts
More
My wife runs her prime stock.

It's just better that way for her....
27th April 2012, 01:04 PM   |  #37  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 75

205 posts
More
I've been stock for the past couple of months but I'm ready to go root on it.
27th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #38  
Friendstream.net
Thanks Meter: 23

302 posts
More
Stock firmware (.21) but rooted.
2nd May 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 1,142

4,727 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgrizpr

I have been around looking for an answer for this. What you are trying to say is that rooting won't void the warranty as long as you don't unlock it? Because I want to advantages of root but I don't want to loose my warranty so early.

Thanks in advance!

yes

10chars

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
2nd May 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Thanks!!
I really appreciate your help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread