5,598,938 Members 30,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgraded to 2.1, Rooted successfully, now low space problem,Can't update new v.

Tip us?

drmg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Great !

You have a great tutorial & help attitude. I didn't know anything about the android after using Desire for more than 1 years. I feel good & content that I have achieved something with the help of your tutorials & feedback.

With the help of your guide I was able to flash the rom. It is called cyanogen 7.1.
I flashed this stable version and worried that the latest won't work on my android.

It's very good but I am have big time problem since it has no market and not able to download anything since market can't be downloaded.

I had backup my original ROM . Now if I want to flash another ROM than do I need to do the same process with wipe out data ?
Do I need to backup this cyanogen also ?? What if I want to use my original ROM, in that case how to recover/restore my original ROM ? What are the others good ROM you suggest to flash ? I have no choices, nor I can choose. Cyanogen is good but that problem with market.
Lastly the root is there, will it remain if I flash another ROM?
Thank you for your wonderful guidance, feedback & tutorial. God bless.

bortak
Old
Thanks Meter 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmg View Post
Great !

You have a great tutorial & help attitude. I didn't know anything about the android after using Desire for more than 1 years. I feel good & content that I have achieved something with the help of your tutorials & feedback.

With the help of your guide I was able to flash the rom. It is called cyanogen 7.1.
I flashed this stable version and worried that the latest won't work on my android.

It's very good but I am have big time problem since it has no market and not able to download anything since market can't be downloaded.

I had backup my original ROM . Now if I want to flash another ROM than do I need to do the same process with wipe out data ?
Do I need to backup this cyanogen also ?? What if I want to use my original ROM, in that case how to recover/restore my original ROM ? What are the others good ROM you suggest to flash ? I have no choices, nor I can choose. Cyanogen is good but that problem with market.
Lastly the root is there, will it remain if I flash another ROM?
Thank you for your wonderful guidance, feedback & tutorial. God bless.
No, you don't need to backup when you're restoring your old ROM, however do a wipe whenever moving to another ROM (with backup or new flash).

The reason you don't have market and other google apps is because cyanogen is so big, google has disallowed them to include google apps with their ROMs, and they need to be flashed seperately, like I mentioned in the previous post.

Click the gapps link (from the previous post) and flash it the same way you did Cyanogen
- Stock -
The Following User Says Thank You to bortak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks.
You mean I need to flash google market as well like a cyanogen or I can install it or with the android flasher?

BTW, what is gapps link ? Thanks..

bortak
Old
Thanks Meter 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmg View Post
Thanks.
You mean I need to flash google market as well like a cyanogen or I can install it or with the android flasher?

BTW, what is gapps link ? Thanks..
oh my bad I got confused with another post, link wasn't there.

gapps - Google Apps - Play store, gmail, setup wizard etc. etc.

You flash the gapps.zip like cyanogenmod - through recovery. This is only needed with Cyanogenmod, all* other ROMs have them.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

*well most do at least, those that don't tell you.
- Stock -
The Following User Says Thank You to bortak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Excellent. Market has finally worked. Thank you