[Q] Launch another screen with text

Search This thread

demhyt

Mar 21, 2012
Hi all,

Anybody know how to create shortcut text in home screen , when we tap that it is launch / go to another screen. I try with minimalistic text but i don't know how to launch another screen, just launch to application. Thank you before :)

vhallac

Nov 4, 2011
I am not sure that I understand what you mean by "go to another screen". Are we talking about another page of the launcher (home screen) application?

demhyt

Mar 21, 2012
I am not sure that I understand what you mean by "go to another screen". Are we talking about another page of the launcher (home screen) application?

Yes, to another page. I want text as link i.e I'm create "Social" text in home screen, i need that is will refer to social page, News will refer to news page. I already install minimalistic text, but i don't know how to refer to another page. Just refer linking to apps, not to another page. Thank you very much

keninsgs2

Aug 2, 2011
I'm having it on my tab. I'm using ADW. It has Launcher Actions. From there you can create icon to jump to screen 1, 2, 3, ...etc. Then you just change the icon into text style.

vhallac

Nov 4, 2011
I don't think you can do it in general. I am looking at the source code for Android 2.1 launcher (in packages/apps/Launcher directory), and there is a method (Launcher.setScreen()) that they use to change the active screen, but it is only called internally from Workspace.java in three places: at initialization, to set the default value, on restoring the instance state, and when scrolling.

It is possible that the particular launcher application you use allows external intents to set the home screen, but I wouldn't know how to track it down without access to the source code.