Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Search some information about galaxy 4, 4.2 and 5"

OP thomorph

2nd May 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Strasbourg
Thanks Meter: 5

95 posts
More
Hello,

I'm interested about buying an new MP3 player.
I am looking for one of the galaxy player.
For the moment we have 4" and 5".
I'm interested for the wifi and the GPS (will use a fly app) and so the battery.

Does the 5" run longer with his battery? Are they removable?

I see there is different version: US and international. Is there any advantage of one of this version (I need the french language)?

The new 4.2" is coming, it would be better I buy the new one instead of the 2 old?

Thanks
2nd May 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

128 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomorph

Hello,

I'm interested about buying an new MP3 player.
I am looking for one of the galaxy player.
For the moment we have 4" and 5".
I'm interested for the wifi and the GPS (will use a fly app) and so the battery.

Does the 5" run longer with his battery? Are they removable?

I see there is different version: US and international. Is there any advantage of one of this version (I need the french language)?

The new 4.2" is coming, it would be better I buy the new one instead of the 2 old?

Thanks

I'd recommend the Galaxy Player 5 over the 4 and 4.2-- The 4.2 really doesn't make any sense at all alongside a lower res camera (which is bad considering 3.2 was already low resolution lol).

I can't really say much about battery life comparisons, but the 5 has really good battery life, at least from what I've seen from using mine. The battery for the 5 IS NOT removable, but it's not a big deal.

The international has an actual center button, the US version has a touch button. Both should support French as a language.

So yeah, I'd say go for the Galaxy Player 5!

Also... poor French translation of what I said above below.

Je recommande le Player 5 Galaxy sur le 4 et 4.2 - La 4.2 ne vraiment pas de sens du tout avec une réduction des res caméra (ce qui est mal vu 3,2 était déjà lol basse résolution).

Je ne peux pas vraiment dire beaucoup au sujet des comparaisons de vie de la batterie, mais le 5 a la vie de la batterie vraiment bon, au moins de ce que j'ai vu de l'utilisation de la mienne.

La communauté internationale dispose d'un bouton central réelle, la version américaine dispose d'un bouton tactile. Les deux devraient soutenir le français comme une langue.

Donc oui, je dirais aller pour le lecteur Galaxy 5!
2nd May 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Strasbourg

95 posts
More
Thanks for the information.
Is the battery of the 5" removable?
When I say intereset of US or International is more like version, ROM...

So the 5" seems good. May be for the camera the 4.2" could do the same quality as the 5", I will wait for some test on the net.
3rd May 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 2,898

3,443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So the 5" seems good. May be for the camera the 4.2" could do the same quality as the 5", I will wait for some test on the net.

The 5 comes with a flash too.
3rd May 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

128 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I would honestly choose the 5'' over the 4.2'' in a heart-beat. But it all depends on what you want. If you want an amazing mini-tablet/mp3 player that still easily fits in your pocket... go for the 5''. If you want a smaller screen with a lower camera resolution, no flash, smaller battery, but still most of the same stuff... go with a 4.2''.

And you cannot remove the 5s battery, but there really isn't a reason too seeing as it lasts quite long and if you really you need a charger, wall-slots + USB ports are EVERYWHERE haha

As far as tests go... I don't think the 4.2'' will overpower the 5'' considering it's awkward angle update wise, it doesn't really change anything and honestly made no sense that they re-released something so close to the original 4'' in size. Then again, it is from the same minds that brought us the 3.6'' also.
3rd May 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Strasbourg

95 posts
More
So I will compare prices in US and EUROPE.
Because there seems to be no difference between this 2versions. Just the warrantly...
Thanks.
3rd May 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25

177 posts
More
Si tu achètes sur un site américain, cela doit être environ 10 à 20 euros moins cher que sur des sites européens. Mais pour envoyer un colis des états-unis à la france, cela doit coûter un peu plus.
3rd May 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Strasbourg

95 posts
More
Plutôt ~40€ pour le 5". Et je m'y rend à la fin du moi ;)

I earn more 40€ on the 5" model, instead of France

The Following User Says Thank You to thomorph For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread