Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: So Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) or HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)?
HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint) 31 86.11%
Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) or HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)

Tip us?

johamsandwich
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I'm leaning towards the EVO also.

Better specs, and I think the community will be great once rooting is available.

Plus, having that microsd slot will let me keep all of my media from taking up app install space

jonathan.strunk
Old
Thanks Meter 40
if I can make myself wait long enough, i'm going with the EVO for three reasons.

1. Great Camera (I use my EVO 4G camera daily), with dedicated camera button and super fast camera response on the tested One X
2. I love HTC Sense
3. Slighly bigger battery

I was really excited when I heard about the new Nexus and i was sure that's what i would get. Even when the EVO was first leaked, i wasn't impressed because I didn't care for the two texture backside. But the more I found out about it, the more I like it.
Current
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Rooted Stock

tatical
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm going for the EVO (or GS III). I thought I'd be getting a Galaxy Nexus for sure, but when I read about the EVO 4G LTE I totally changed my mind. Here's my reasons:

-Better S4 A15 CPU @ 1.5GHz (the G Nexus still has an A9 CPU) Its almost like 'Core i7 vs Core 2 Duo'
-The dual-core A15 based CPU is just as fast as quad-core A9 CPU in benchmarks
-Better & WAY quicker camera (the camera was just OK when i used it in the Verizon store)
-I have a Nexus S 4G with ICS [rooted], the Galaxy Nexus was faster, but not by much (to me anyway...)
-The bigger battery
-I really like the ICS interface, but the light-weight Sense 4.0 just looks so fast (it could just be the speedy S4 though)
-The Super LCD-2 screen (although I haven't seen it in person...)

In the end, I might root the EVO with a bloat-free ROM anyway (or root only). The Galaxy Nexus is a good phone, but the EVO is a better choice for me long term (it should run Android 5.0 better than the Nexus).

abit4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was almost sure I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus until I saw the Evo 4G LTE. If the Galaxy S 3 is coming anytime soon I'll wait. Otherwise I'll make my final decision when I hold both phone in my hands.

TheSeanR
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatical View Post
I'm going for the EVO (or GS III). I thought I'd be getting a Galaxy Nexus for sure, but when I read about the EVO 4G LTE I totally changed my mind. Here's my reasons:

In the end, I might root the EVO with a bloat-free ROM anyway (or root only). The Galaxy Nexus is a good phone, but the EVO is a better choice for me long term (it should run Android 5.0 better than the Nexus).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's assuming it gets it, you'll still even want the phone, look how long it takes for them to update phones

Sieze
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default Go with the Evo 4g

amazing phone i cant really convey how much i love my evo the best phone ive ever owned.

jonathan.strunk
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieze View Post
amazing phone i cant really convey how much i love my evo the best phone ive ever owned.
+ 1 on that.... The EVO 4G is by far the best phone I've ever owned

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
Current
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Rooted Stock

Tekn010933
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Let the Customization's begin Ladies/Gent's!
HTC Evo 4G LTE RUU | UnRooted STOCK-ROM.zip From the RUU/1.12.651.1| Thank "FootBall"
HTC Evo 4G Classic By Tommy 4.67 | My First ROM, thanks DSIXDA!
Twitter! | FaceBook | YouTube | G+
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTekn010933?feature=mhee

desertfox154
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah, a while back I was thinking of upgrading to a Nexus, but then saw the EVO and I think I'm leaning towards that. The sd slot is a big plus for me. Either way, it'll be a grand improvement over my Hero...

greg.dassing
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed...I have a work badge that I use to unlock doors at my work (via proximity by tapping the reader...I assume its NFC?). Will the HTC EVO LTE be able to read my badge and replicate its NFC signal so I can use it instead of my badge? Just curious...thanks!

Tags
evo 4g lte, galaxy nexus lte, htc evo 4g lte, samsung galaxy nexus lte