Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Tip us?

TomTcom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 458
I'm writing this thread so that users don't think M5 or any of the ROM's this thread pertains to is the cause of not sending MMS (pics, video, etc.) who use third party messaging apps such as Handcent and GO SMS Pro.

I am using Verizon Samsung Fascinate running the M5 AOPK ROM and using Handcent messaging app.

1. In stock messaging app, only check the option for auto-retrieve for MMS messages.
a. after you confirm the initial steps work then feel free to play with whatever else you want such as delivery reports and roaming auto-retrieve etc.

2. Go to your messaging app. I'm using Handcent so my options will be different but the essence is the same unless of course you use Handcent. Go to settings and application settings. Select Default Messaging application and choose SMS.

3. Go to Send Message Settings and deselect Auto Convert to MMS. Also select Maximum MMS Size and choose default of (1M).

4. Go to Receive Settings and deselect Auto Retrieve (Under MMS, this is controlled by stock messaging app).

That's it! Again, feel free to play around with anything above but just know the ROM is NOT at fault. Hope this helps.

AuroEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 30
For those that haven't already I recommend installing Nova Launcher and removing Apex Launcher (use Titanium Backup). No idea if it's just bloated or if there's a memory leak somewhere, but you'll be back to the performance you're used to

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroEdge View Post
For those that haven't already I recommend installing Nova Launcher and removing Apex Launcher (use Titanium Backup). No idea if it's just bloated or if there's a memory leak somewhere, but you'll be back to the performance you're used to
Yep Im noticing the same thing here.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

sarkozy
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Is anyone else having trouble with the weather lately? It started bugging out on me and its persisted with B34 and M5. For whatever reason it won't pull the info for about half of the places I'm at daily (I travel in a 100 mile radius), including here at home now. Manually entering the location is hit or miss. I'm thinking it's a problem with Yahoo since the last time I checked AOKP pulls info from there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hypnosis4U2NV
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Installed AOKP ICS Milestone 5 yesterday and everything was good till my battery ran dry today.. Now I keep getting the CWM Recovery Boot Loop when I power the phone.. Any idea how I can get out of this or why it happened?

shelby04861
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I figured u would add to the list of people noticing apex usage. It is definitely using a lot more than it used to. I was going to just wait it out to see what they make happen.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

XxStechxX
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Just wondering if anyone else noticed. if your wifi & data are on when you reboot. You have to toggle wifi off in order to turn off data. But once you do can toggle both then? Doesn't bother just being observant.

[3.1.10_IcyGlitch_V14-B6-I500][CM9] April 24th

Hypnosis4U2NV
Old
Thanks Meter 179
So far I am not impressed with my AOKP experience.. Just followed the unbrick instructions to get out of that CWM boot loop after the phone ran dry on battery power.. Got everything installed and running and the phone goes into the sleep of death.. Pull the battery and boot up again.. Now I don't have data.. Tried data on/off, airplane mode on/off, wifi on/on, rebooted and nothing..

Arggghh..

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis4U2NV View Post
So far I am not impressed with my AOKP experience.. Just followed the unbrick instructions to get out of that CWM boot loop after the phone ran dry on battery power.. Got everything installed and running and the phone goes into the sleep of death.. Pull the battery and boot up again.. Now I don't have data.. Tried data on/off, airplane mode on/off, wifi on/on, rebooted and nothing..

Arggghh..
It sounds like you are going to want to go the "odin back to stock and start over" route. Be sure you flash the old THS build 2 over stock and let it boot up once before you flash aokp, too. I did this recently, and it was worth it.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)
The Following User Says Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jay Evans
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x View Post
I did this recently, and it was worth it.
The first time installed Glitched AOKP (33?) from GB SC3 it gave me fits. ODINed back to stock, rooted and reflashed. Still seemed to have a few minor hiccups.

So I backed up all my data off my SD card to PC and formatted it. ODINed back, rooted, and flashed Glitched AOKP again. It's been running superbly ever since.

That worked for me but YMMV.
S4
Note 8.0

"Root hog or lose your tater!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Evans For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]