also can we expect ics for our ace??

-RDR-
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnprdp View Post
what is the best kernel for galaxy ace?
also can we expect ics for our ace??
they say that ketuts blackhawk kernel is pretty good ( but not the best as best kernels dont exist)

and what do u mean by ics for ace ??? i guess we already have cm9 beta 8
the camera issue may take a while though
Currently using one beast of a rom

Nicolae-Daniel
Old
Thanks Meter 70
agree with the prev post.cm9 is great,we just have to wait for the bug fix

petrus425
Old
(Last edited by petrus425; 2nd May 2012 at 04:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Concerning the kernel, one that seems really promising is "The Ace Kernel beta 3.1" : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606352

It has a lot of features, seems quite stable, even if still in beta.
Notice that it is not for stock roms : only for CM7 roms.

For ICS, there won't be an official release for the ACE. But some dev are working on compiling CM9 (based on ICS sources) for the ace. Look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1490867

The main issue with this port, at the moment is that the camera is not working. In fact that's an issue a lot of CM9 roms are facing at the moment. So, it may take some time to be fixed, but the work done on this rom is simply amazing. It's worth a try.

Edit : If you want to ask generic question about this rom, use this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1500234 as the one in the developpers section should be used only to report bugs, and things like that.

ad4m1337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touchscreen problem.

Hi guys,

i am new on XDA, this is my first comment. I have a problem with the all of Roms, which i wanna to setup.

For example: i wanted to setup this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871.

I go to CWM5 and then dalvik cache, format etc. and then choose zip from sd card and setup this rom. And then everything is all right BUT the TOUCHSCREEN is wrong, i push the screen and it goes crazy, i cant text writing and etc. I readed that the problem can be with the bad kernel or what... i am newbie i dont know what is kernel or which would i setuped?

So somebody know what is my problem what make I bad when i setup a rom then HELP ME plz!

(sry for my bad english)

-RDR-
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad4m1337 View Post
Hi guys,

i am new on XDA, this is my first comment. I have a problem with the all of Roms, which i wanna to setup.

For example: i wanted to setup this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871.

I go to CWM5 and then dalvik cache, format etc. and then choose zip from sd card and setup this rom. And then everything is all right BUT the TOUCHSCREEN is wrong, i push the screen and it goes crazy, i cant text writing and etc. I readed that the problem can be with the bad kernel or what... i am newbie i dont know what is kernel or which would i setuped?

So somebody know what is my problem what make I bad when i setup a rom then HELP ME plz!

(sry for my bad english)
flash "zimage mod" kernel by anonymous , just google it as i m feeling a bit lazy and m in no mood to post links .......this kernel will fix ur problem for sure
cuz i faced ur problem too and this kernel saved the day

petrus425
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Hi guys,

(sry for my bad english)
In my opinion something went went wrong when you flashed. Simply try again to wipe everything then flash again. I use this rom and flashed it on top of 2 other roms, and no problem for me.

I had issues after flashing some other roms, and I think they were caused by some other roms data not wiped before flashing

ad4m1337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonoid View Post
flash "zimage mod" kernel by anonymous , just google it as i m feeling a bit lazy and m in no mood to post links .......this kernel will fix ur problem for sure
cuz i faced ur problem too and this kernel saved the day
YES! You dont know what happy i am This works! How long have i this problem (i dont care with this because i am a hobby android user and i am glad with the stock roms) and now all right

Where is the thx button Dragonoid?

-RDR-
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:

Where is the thx button Dragonoid?
lol looks like someone removed the thanks button from that post
i m happy for u

dipeshsavelp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile About kernel

i install jelly bean custom rom on my galaxy ace which is fast but it's battery sucks so this kernel is working for me?