Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best kernel for ace

OP Pradeep

2nd May 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Vizag
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
More
what is the best kernel for galaxy ace?
also can we expect ics for our ace??
2nd May 2012, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag somewhere in XDA
Thanks Meter: 274

1,811 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnprdp

what is the best kernel for galaxy ace?
also can we expect ics for our ace??

they say that ketuts blackhawk kernel is pretty good ( but not the best as best kernels dont exist)

and what do u mean by ics for ace ??? i guess we already have cm9 beta 8
the camera issue may take a while though
2nd May 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 84

542 posts
More
agree with the prev post.cm9 is great,we just have to wait for the bug fix
2nd May 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #4  

25 posts
Concerning the kernel, one that seems really promising is "The Ace Kernel beta 3.1" : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1606352

It has a lot of features, seems quite stable, even if still in beta.
Notice that it is not for stock roms : only for CM7 roms.

For ICS, there won't be an official release for the ACE. But some dev are working on compiling CM9 (based on ICS sources) for the ace. Look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1490867

The main issue with this port, at the moment is that the camera is not working. In fact that's an issue a lot of CM9 roms are facing at the moment. So, it may take some time to be fixed, but the work done on this rom is simply amazing. It's worth a try.

Edit : If you want to ask generic question about this rom, use this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1500234 as the one in the developpers section should be used only to report bugs, and things like that.
Last edited by petrus425; 2nd May 2012 at 05:30 PM.
2nd May 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Touchscreen problem.
Hi guys,

i am new on XDA, this is my first comment. I have a problem with the all of Roms, which i wanna to setup.

For example: i wanted to setup this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871.

I go to CWM5 and then dalvik cache, format etc. and then choose zip from sd card and setup this rom. And then everything is all right BUT the TOUCHSCREEN is wrong, i push the screen and it goes crazy, i cant text writing and etc. I readed that the problem can be with the bad kernel or what... i am newbie i dont know what is kernel or which would i setuped?

So somebody know what is my problem what make I bad when i setup a rom then HELP ME plz!

(sry for my bad english)
2nd May 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag somewhere in XDA

1,811 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad4m1337

Hi guys,

i am new on XDA, this is my first comment. I have a problem with the all of Roms, which i wanna to setup.

For example: i wanted to setup this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1583871.

I go to CWM5 and then dalvik cache, format etc. and then choose zip from sd card and setup this rom. And then everything is all right BUT the TOUCHSCREEN is wrong, i push the screen and it goes crazy, i cant text writing and etc. I readed that the problem can be with the bad kernel or what... i am newbie i dont know what is kernel or which would i setuped?

So somebody know what is my problem what make I bad when i setup a rom then HELP ME plz!

(sry for my bad english)

flash "zimage mod" kernel by anonymous , just google it as i m feeling a bit lazy and m in no mood to post links .......this kernel will fix ur problem for sure
cuz i faced ur problem too and this kernel saved the day
3rd May 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #7  

25 posts
Quote:

Hi guys,

(sry for my bad english)

In my opinion something went went wrong when you flashed. Simply try again to wipe everything then flash again. I use this rom and flashed it on top of 2 other roms, and no problem for me.

I had issues after flashing some other roms, and I think they were caused by some other roms data not wiped before flashing
3rd May 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #8  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonoid

flash "zimage mod" kernel by anonymous , just google it as i m feeling a bit lazy and m in no mood to post links .......this kernel will fix ur problem for sure
cuz i faced ur problem too and this kernel saved the day

YES! You dont know what happy i am This works! How long have i this problem (i dont care with this because i am a hobby android user and i am glad with the stock roms) and now all right

Where is the thx button Dragonoid?
3rd May 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #9  
Flag somewhere in XDA

1,811 posts
More
Quote:

Where is the thx button Dragonoid?

lol looks like someone removed the thanks button from that post
i m happy for u
19th December 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #10  

2 posts
Smile About kernel
i install jelly bean custom rom on my galaxy ace which is fast but it's battery sucks so this kernel is working for me?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread