Thanks Meter: 137

451 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunix2

Why can I not mount the sdcard?

Where is the internal sdcard? in emmc?

and last question, will wipe data/factory reset wipe all contents on my internal sdcard? such as nandroid backups?

i remember this on the infuse, but im not sure if the same applies, for i am still completely stock on my note so far!!!

here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

Wow way to give up on a simple problem. The att kernel mounts the sdcard differently from Rogers which all the custom kernels are built from. the fix is a single character at the end of /system/etc/vold.fstab

The last character of the last line needs to be changed foe a Rogers kernel, the Hellraiser kernel and entropy's kernel change this automagically but returning to the att kernel would mean changing it back. I believe the last character on att is a "2" and on Rogers it is a "1". But I may have that backwards. Use root explorer and open vold.fstab in a text editor. Remember to mount rw and don't choose"view as text" that's read only. save changes and reboot. done!

6th May 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #172  
Flag Northern Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
More
Flashing w/ Odin
This may be a n00b question but It's been a while since I used odin to flash a custom recovery, tar.md5 normally go into the pda section of Odin, right?

I figured it out, sorry for the n00b question
Last edited by brievolz84; 7th May 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: answered my own question
6th May 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #173  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,021

4,182 posts
More
How do I revert back to standard CWM? Is there a flashable zip?
7th May 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
Installing CWM from recovery doesn't seem to work, at least after repeated tries. I kept getting a signature fail. I eventually just used Odin with the CWM tar file.
9th May 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #175  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
MN
Thanks Meter: 705

241 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie-

Installing CWM from recovery doesn't seem to work, at least after repeated tries. I kept getting a signature fail. I eventually just used Odin with the CWM tar file.

yes, you can not install from stock recovery, because they allow only samsung signed zips,
but thats why it says CWM zip, so you can flash it through cwm (if you have it already installed)
9th May 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #176  
Flag somewhere
Thanks Meter: 1,301

1,038 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brievolz84

This may be a n00b question but It's been a while since I used odin to flash a custom recovery, tar.md5 normally go into the pda section of Odin, right?

I figured it out, sorry for the n00b question

no such thing as a noob question. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
15th May 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Remove CWM without Flashing
Hi there,

I've been trying to flash the reset Flash Counter with CWM, and then flash the stock ROM (which increases the count to TWO?).

How can I get rid of CWM right after resetting the Flash Counter without increasing the count?

Thanks!
15th May 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #178  
Flag Red Bluff, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,094

2,814 posts
More
Hello. I am currently on b4 bf and thought i would give this a try. I d/l ..it and was expecting it say update.zip is this ok? Also will i still be able to restore any backups i currently have with b4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
15th May 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #179  
Flag Toronto, ON
Thanks Meter: 92

439 posts
More
Just installed it on my TELUS Note... no problems with the download or installation. Everything went exactly as expected. A couple of suggestions:
  • Is is possible to light up the capacitive touch buttons?
  • Since the menu rows are quite large (I assume to make it easier to target for fingers), could we get a larger font?
  • Better yet, could the row height be made configurable?

Great work so far!
15th May 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #180  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 65

358 posts
More
Does the update zip... need to be changed to _.img to update in recovery or can i flash through cwm recovery then install zip? Im new to the gsm androids phones, im no noob but I wanna be safe doing it! Thanks

Edit: I figured it out... I just flashed the zip through touch recovery, I thought I had to update it through boot menu or something.. I was think evo or evo 3d its been a long day lol..
Last edited by mrkevo3000; 15th May 2012 at 05:52 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread