Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 36,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

Tip us?

lightningdude
Old
Thanks Meter 277
In the process of performing a nandroid right now, will let you know when I've actually tested.

droidjunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Another thing, Facebook Sync says it works now, but it doesn't do anything.

Will need to continue to use Fsync...
Is there something official that says Facebook sync works out are you going off of my post saying it worked? Facebook accounts now appear in the accounts section of settings and in the contacts app and you can even set it to sync all contacts but the Facebook app still is not giving the option which i'm sure is needed for Facebook contact sync to work

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Rogue Leader
Old
(Last edited by Rogue Leader; 2nd May 2012 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez1717 View Post
So would rootkeeper help here so I wouldn't have to use superoneclick?
You will lose root when you flash the new ftf file. Once rooted again and as long as after you root you don't touch anything at all just do the update, rootkeeper is not needed.

I tried using rootkeeper before i went this route and it did not do anything mainly because the update would not complete. But you don't need it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez1717 View Post
Is there an equivalent of flash tool for macs or are Mac users screwed?
I don't know of one, I would say its unlikely

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidjunkie View Post
Is there something official that says Facebook sync works out are you going off of my post saying it worked? Facebook accounts now appear in the accounts section of settings and in the contacts app and you can even set it to sync all contacts but the Facebook app still is not giving the option which i'm sure is needed for Facebook contact sync to work
I noticed your post saying it worked, and now it does show up under "Accounts" which it didn't in the past (which is why I said it "says it works"), but it just doesn't do anything. I also noticed under settings in the Fb app it doesn't show up. Very strange issue, but easily bypassed by downloading FSync.

lightningdude
Old
(Last edited by lightningdude; 2nd May 2012 at 07:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 277
Is anyone having problems transferring files over usb? For some reason, making a folder and transferring files isn't working for me. I'm going through dropbox right now, which shows me that it isn't a problem with the phone's filesystem, but perhaps it's because I have USB debugging on while I'm transferring files? Any ideas or input?

Edit to add my test results:

After applying the notification toggles found in this thread, I can confirm that it works, haven't tested all of the toggles, but they appear, and it doesn't break data.

I then tested the theme in this thread, and found that while the theme was applied, data was broken.

I tried the CRT Screen off animation from this thread, which was confirmed to work on some Xperia Play devices. I didn't notice any difference, even with all animations turned on and such.

Finally, I tested the reboot options from this thread, and found that it also broke data.

That's all I tested, so long as you have a nandroid, you should be fine on testing other things. Have fun, I'm off to bed.

ozzmanj1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude View Post
I hate to hijack this thread for something else entirely, but has anyone tried using the mods and themes that were originally made for 2.3.4 for the other R800 phones? If not, guess what I'm about to do?

If anyone already has, you'd better warn me before I start, otherwise I'll be just another guinea pig!

Any luck? Do current 2.3.4 themes work now on the R800x?

droidjunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude View Post
Is anyone having problems transferring files over usb? For some reason, making a folder and transferring files isn't working for me. I'm going through dropbox right now, which shows me that it isn't a problem with the phone's filesystem, but perhaps it's because I have USB debugging on while I'm transferring files? Any ideas or input?
I'm not I just made a backup of all my files on my sdcard. although I don't have debugging turned on

Sent from my R800x using XDA

lightningdude
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Nice. I didn't want to double post, but nobody had posted before I finished my preliminary tests. My updated post above has my results.

DubleJayJ
Old
Thanks Meter 71
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631236

That ^

savage24x
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaPpY66 View Post
yah but doesn't it have ads?
Nope.

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,482

DONATE TO ME
Dora anybody else gave an issue with g talk saying it can't connect? (cleared data/rebooted, nothing)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax