Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What rom are you currently using?

Tip us?

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,015
Im still on trinity sensation XL, I find it fast, stable and it has excellent battery life.
I like to have everything rock stable, and everything working properly, which is why im still on sense 3.5 since about December when I joined XDA and rooted my phone.
Next on my hit list are playground ics and Virtuous Primmodonna. Any suggestions and opinions as to which one people like better?

Also, I find miui and other aosp gingerbread roms a little choppy or something, for some reason I get the impression that sense is much smoother, especially on a custom sense 3+ rom

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338 View Post
Next on my hit list are playground ics and Virtuous Primmodonna. Any suggestions and opinions as to which one people like better?
ICS AOSP works surprisingly good considering I always prefer GB Sense ROM in the past. Current state of Playground ICS is very positive. Twistedumbrella is very active and new build is almost daily. I strongly suggest you give it a try.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
ICS AOSP works surprisingly good considering I always prefer GB Sense ROM in the past. Current state of Playground ICS is very positive. Twistedumbrella is very active and new build is almost daily. I strongly suggest you give it a try.
Thanks, I will have to give that a go soon
Does that mean flashing a new build like, every second day though?

itandy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj338 View Post
Thanks, I will have to give that a go soon
Does that mean flashing a new build like, every second day though?
Twistedumbrella got 6 builds for the past 10 days! And the latest build seems to finally fix the camcorder. Be warned, you'll be real busy!
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed

vizzy
Old
Thanks Meter 370
How's the battery on playground? Does it have any issues that ice cold 7.2 doesn't have?

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

eSouL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ARHD 2.3. Battery life is bad.

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSouL View Post
ARHD 2.3. Battery life is bad.
Why would you use it if battery life is bad?

JamesPatageule
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

I tested some versions in the time :
  1. Stock ROM
  2. Virtuous Affinity
  3. Virtuous Quattro
  4. MIUI (unable to connect network, and some bugs)
  5. IceColdSandwich

I plan to test others like Primadonna when some issues will be corrected. And, why not try again a fully functionnal MIUI version. I'm looking too the Playground ICS.

I wanna stay on the ICS Roms ! ^^

pec0ra
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
After using IceColdSandwich for quite a long time and trying Virtuous Primadora, I finally got back to GB and Sense. I prefer Sense than AOKP or AOSP and even if I thought Virtuous Primadora was really stable and it had the best battery life I ever had, I missed the camera and went back to GB. I used Virtuous Affinity for a while, I liked it a lot but went to Trinity because it is more customizable. XxXPachaXxX finally made the ROM I wanted, Affinity with more customization : RunnyMede Xtreme v2. I'm using it since then.