Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to do JuoPunutbear easily (My own personal experience)

Tip us?

Protricity
Old
(Last edited by Protricity; 2nd May 2012 at 10:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
after trying the juopunutbear wire trick, my mt4gs refuses to boot. left it charging, took out the battery and usb, everything. looks bricked. anyone have this happen?

this occurred roughly right after I attempted to make the contact between the specified points.

bricked?

Oh, and it appears as QHSUSB_DLOAD on windows device manager.

ac3theone
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protricity View Post
after trying the juopunutbear wire trick, my mt4gs refuses to boot. left it charging, took out the battery and usb, everything. looks bricked. anyone have this happen?

this occurred roughly right after I attempted to make the contact between the specified points.

bricked?

Oh, and it appears as QHSUSB_DLOAD on windows device manager.
Flash the boot.img and recovery. Img in the control bear folder to do it you must :
1- hold ctrl + shift and right click the control bear folder.
2-select open command prompt
3-type "control bear -r"
4-it will restore your phone

Sent from my RubiX NonSense using Tapatalk 2
Phones:
-HTC Mytouch 4g Slide
-Samsung Galaxy S2 T-989
-Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT- I9520
-Boost Mobile Samsung Transform Ultra

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2953

DONATE TO ME
No. If its in that USB mode, its qcdl mode which is a brick. What did use for the wire trick, did you touch the point on the wire where it contacts the point in between tries without grounding yourself out? Go to #juopunutbear and ask for help but NOT in a frantic manner. You will probably need to RMA it. Yes, they will fix it for free, even if unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X

Protricity
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yep, after some research it appears that touching the un-insulated wire caused this. Also it appears to have happened to a lot of people, mostly on the sensation. Looks like many of the instructions don't mention this precaution, and lots of the videos show people touching the wire un-insulated. Probably gonna be lots more bricks imo
The Following User Says Thank You to Protricity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beezie916
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Well anytime your shorting contact points there is a big risk...the instructions clearly say insulated....electro-static discharge is electronics worst nightmare....
The Following User Says Thank You to beezie916 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2953

DONATE TO ME
actually, the instructions on unlimited.io say do not touch the contact point of the wire. You can touch the grounded part.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X

AgentCherryColla
Old
Thanks Meter 507
I did thus twice. Once on a my touch 4G slide, another on an amaze. Took me 4 hours. XT

Ruining Dinner w/ Breakfast
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)

cparekh
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
How did you rename the top purple banner?
That's a cool little hack. I'd like to try that myself
If you extract your hboot you can just edit in a text editor to anything you want. I think you might have to keep the same number of characters, so you'd need to use spaces, but I don't know.

Keep in mind that the Juopunutbear folks put a lot of effort into their hack, so they might take offense at removing their branding, though I have no idea if that is true. I believe that Indirect has some relationship with that group, so I think it might be different for him.

YMMV
Sometimes I forget that I have a photographic memory.

nlarge
Old
Thanks Meter 63
i managed this today after 15 tries... but i had to manually do adb reboot oem-78
The Following User Says Thank You to nlarge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d3athb4dishonor
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlarge View Post
i managed this today after 15 tries... but i had to manually do adb reboot oem-78
Think I'm going to try this when I get home. I'm tired of having to flash boot lol

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide
[CENTER]

The Following User Says Thank You to d3athb4dishonor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]