5,594,700 Members 33,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?

neomesis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am going to try this guy here in Houston that says he can unlock it. Not sure how they can do it when no one else can but they are the leading shop in Houston for unlocks. I will keep this thread posted on if they simply can or if they fail miserably like everyone else.

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomesis View Post
I am going to try this guy here in Houston that says he can unlock it. Not sure how they can do it when no one else can but they are the leading shop in Houston for unlocks. I will keep this thread posted on if they simply can or if they fail miserably like everyone else.
If he gets it to work....you may want to PM people...for fear of the unlock nazi's wrath!!!
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

mrolympia7474
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just got off the phone with Nokia and the rep said that I would have to get a developer account from Microsoft and then AT&T would unlock my device. I don't know how true this is but he said that this will work. I asked him to confirm this and he repeated this 3 times

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolympia7474 View Post
I just got off the phone with Nokia and the rep said that I would have to get a developer account from Microsoft and then AT&T would unlock my device. I don't know how true this is but he said that this will work. I asked him to confirm this and he repeated this 3 times

I'm fairly sure this is not true. I have friends at Microsoft working in Windows Phone. They can't get their phones unlocked either. I just checked with one of them, DEV unlock does not carrier unlock. AT&T would not know if you are DEV unlocked or not.

Don't fall for it.
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

neomesis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just dropped it off to him and he said they have done several already, but its a software based unlock and not a subsidy type. I'm giving it a whirl since I hate seeing this phone act as a 450 dollar paper weight. It is suppose to be done tomorrow and will cost me $70 bucks if successful.

mrolympia7474
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar1 View Post
I'm fairly sure this is not true. I have friends at Microsoft working in Windows Phone. They can't get their phones unlocked either. I just checked with one of them, DEV unlock does not carrier unlock. AT&T would not know if you are DEV unlocked or not.

Don't fall for it.
They said if I provide AT&T with a developer account that they will carrier unlock it for me

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Just dropped it off to him and he said they have done several already, but its a software based unlock and not a subsidy type. I'm giving it a whirl since I hate seeing this phone act as a 450 dollar paper weight. It is suppose to be done tomorrow and will cost me $70 bucks if successful.
Good luck! Would suck for everyone else NOT in Houston if they succeeded.

chanakya.wp7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Can you pass his number ? even i would like to give it a try.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolympia7474 View Post

Well i already have a developer account with MS and my lumia and Titan 2 are already dev unlocked. Will give it a try once i am home. I do not have my lumia 900 with me.

dlwilson_king
Old
(Last edited by dlwilson_king; 2nd May 2012 at 10:58 PM.) Reason: **UPDATE**
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanakya.wp7 View Post
Can you pass his number ? even i would like to give it a try.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Well i already have a developer account with MS and my lumia and Titan 2 are already dev unlocked. Will give it a try once i am home. I do not have my lumia 900 with me.
Have dev account aswell, will try soon. <- Just rang ATT they said that this is not the case, Nokia has sent no unlock codes, no special exceptions (i.e. developer account) reiterating a release of October 2012 for the codes !

Chinese281
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Where is the store located? I am from houston and i would liek to try