Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM]Mystic'sPrideICS(XWLPO)(07/26/2012) v21 XWLPO 4.0.4 (Pure Stock Samsung)

OP MysticKing32

3rd May 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #1981  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
After several days of using this ROM, things are still great, but I did have one minor issue (fixed it though), but I cant blame it on the ROM itself.

People were having difficulty hearing me during calls. I tried everything I could to correct the issue (setCPU settings, reversing any mods I added, etc), but the problem persisted. People were saying that my voice randomly faded in and out, making it so that I would have to repeat myself every few words.
I ended up flashing the UCKH7 modem over Mystic's Pride and everyone I had talked who experienced the problem are now saying I am CRYSTAL clear.

So, like I said, it isnt Mystic's fault, but actually ATT. For me, EVERY ATT modem released after UCKH7, whether official (which I guess is only UCKK6 right now) or leaked, has given me problems with call clarity. I have no idea why, but this only proves to me that my earlier statement about ATT slowly, but steadily screwing up their firmware releases is true.

I only flashed the older modem about an hour ago, so I am REALLY hoping that it doesnt magically screw up Mystic's Pride. I was getting EXCELLENT battery life (running SmartassV2 governor and SIO I/O) and the system was SUPER smooth, so I am hoping that none of that changes. So far, I dont notice anything different though. *relief?*



EDIT: Oh, wait, there is actually one more minor issue I am having, so I was wondering if anyone knew what to do to fix it:

I am using the stock (Samsung?) Email app (icon looks like an envelope with a red wax "@" seal on it) to check my Yahoo mail. When first opening the app after powering on (when off)/restarting my phone, the entire system will crash when trying to view an email message. The inbox will refresh ok prior and no other issues prior to trying to read an email message.
The screen will stop responding as well as the haptic buttons. After several seconds (15 - 30), the system will come back to life, but the app will close and a message about how it "stopped responding" (or something along that line) will appear.
After this happens ONCE, I can reopen the app and everything works perfectly; it NEVER happens again until I turn off the phone or restart it.

Any ideas how to fix this or what is going on?
Also, what apk's under System/app are needed for the email app? I did remove some bloatware (well, moved them to a temporary folder to be safe; didnt actually delete). The first thing I need to check is that I didnt remove something needed by the email app.
Last edited by spexwood; 3rd May 2012 at 12:51 AM.
UltraBeast
3rd May 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #1982  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexwood

After several days of using this ROM, things are still great, but I did have one minor issue (fixed it though), but I cant blame it on the ROM itself.

People were having difficulty hearing me during calls. I tried everything I could to correct the issue (setCPU settings, reversing any mods I added, etc), but the problem persisted. People were saying that my voice randomly faded in and out, making it so that I would have to repeat myself every few words.
I ended up flashing the UCKH7 modem over Mystic's Pride and everyone I had talked who experienced the problem are now saying I am CRYSTAL clear.

So, like I said, it isnt Mystic's fault, but actually ATT. For me, EVERY ATT modem released after UCKH7, whether official (which I guess is only UCKK6 right now) or leaked, has given me problems with call clarity. I have no idea why, but this only proves to me that my earlier statement about ATT slowly, but steadily screwing up their firmware releases is true.

I only flashed the older modem about an hour ago, so I am REALLY hoping that it doesnt magically screw up Mystic's Pride. I was getting EXCELLENT battery life (running SmartassV2 governor and SIO I/O) and the system was SUPER smooth, so I am hoping that none of that changes. So far, I dont notice anything different though. *relief?*

Usually its either Modem or need to flash Kernel with Mic reversed for allot of the 9100 ports. But guys like Mystic have already done this. Hence the Modem swap working.

We will sort you out!
3rd May 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #1983  
MysticKing32's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
1,489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBeast

I uninstalled radio and had call issues. I777 does not have hardware for it at all. Weird!

I will sort you out!

Try clearing data on contacts app
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticKing32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #1984  
MysticKing32's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
1,489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexwood

After several days of using this ROM, things are still great, but I did have one minor issue (fixed it though), but I cant blame it on the ROM itself.

People were having difficulty hearing me during calls. I tried everything I could to correct the issue (setCPU settings, reversing any mods I added, etc), but the problem persisted. People were saying that my voice randomly faded in and out, making it so that I would have to repeat myself every few words.
I ended up flashing the UCKH7 modem over Mystic's Pride and everyone I had talked who experienced the problem are now saying I am CRYSTAL clear.

So, like I said, it isnt Mystic's fault, but actually ATT. For me, EVERY ATT modem released after UCKH7, whether official (which I guess is only UCKK6 right now) or leaked, has given me problems with call clarity. I have no idea why, but this only proves to me that my earlier statement about ATT slowly, but steadily screwing up their firmware releases is true.

I only flashed the older modem about an hour ago, so I am REALLY hoping that it doesnt magically screw up Mystic's Pride. I was getting EXCELLENT battery life (running SmartassV2 governor and SIO I/O) and the system was SUPER smooth, so I am hoping that none of that changes. So far, I dont notice anything different though. *relief?*



EDIT: Oh, wait, there is actually one more minor issue I am having, so I was wondering if anyone knew what to do to fix it:

I am using the stock (Samsung?) Email app (icon looks like an envelope with a red wax "@" seal on it) to check my Yahoo mail. When first opening the app after powering on (when off)/restarting my phone, the entire system will crash when trying to view an email message. The inbox will refresh ok prior and no other issues prior to trying to read an email message.
The screen will stop responding as well as the haptic buttons. After several seconds (15 - 30), the system will come back to life, but the app will close and a message about how it "stopped responding" (or something along that line) will appear.
After this happens ONCE, I can reopen the app and everything works perfectly; it NEVER happens again until I turn off the phone or restart it.

Any ideas how to fix this or what is going on?
Also, what apk's under System/app are needed for the email app? I did remove some bloatware (well, moved them to a temporary folder to be safe; didnt actually delete). The first thing I need to check is that I didnt remove something needed by the email app.

Clear data on email app
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticKing32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #1985  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Update on my Email app problem:

First, I need to fix my description of the problem. After playing around with the app some more, I realized that the app doesnt freeze then crash only once, but it actually freezes and then crashes whenever I try to open any unread email.

So, I start the app
If I try reading an already read email, then the message opens fine
HOWEVER, if the message is unread, then when you tap on it, the entire system, screen, and haptic buttons will freeze for several seconds (screen also turns black) and then, when the system snaps out of this, a message stating, "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" will appear and the only button given is "OK".
Weirdly enough, if you open an unread message and have this happen to you, the same message will be marked as read when you reopen the Email app.


Now, in response to MysticKing:
I just tried Force Stopping, clearing the Cache, AND clearing the data and the problem still occurs. (I did all that via the Application section in Settings).

Some data about the Email.apk found in System/app (found by viewing the Properties; I'm using Root Explorer)
Can someone confirm that this is correct to make sure that something isnt corrupted somehow?
Name: Email.apk
Location: /system/app
Permissions: rw-r--r--
Size: 7.55MB
Owner: root
Group: root
Mime: application/vnd.android.package-archive
MD5: 299b803002b8af8f13b4cc0742e18ac7

Any other ideas of how to fix this?
And am I the only one?
3rd May 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #1986  
MysticKing32's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
1,489 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexwood

Update on my Email app problem:

First, I need to fix my description of the problem. After playing around with the app some more, I realized that the app doesnt freeze then crash only once, but it actually freezes and then crashes whenever I try to open any unread email.

So, I start the app
If I try reading an already read email, then the message opens fine
HOWEVER, if the message is unread, then when you tap on it, the entire system, screen, and haptic buttons will freeze for several seconds (screen also turns black) and then, when the system snaps out of this, a message stating, "Unfortunately, Email has stopped" will appear and the only button given is "OK".
Weirdly enough, if you open an unread message and have this happen to you, the same message will be marked as read when you reopen the Email app.


Now, in response to MysticKing:
I just tried Force Stopping, clearing the Cache, AND clearing the data and the problem still occurs. (I did all that via the Application section in Settings).

Some data about the Email.apk found in System/app (found by viewing the Properties; I'm using Root Explorer)
Can someone confirm that this is correct to make sure that something isnt corrupted somehow?
Name: Email.apk
Location: /system/app
Permissions: rw-r--r--
Size: 7.55MB
Owner: root
Group: root
Mime: application/vnd.android.package-archive
MD5: 299b803002b8af8f13b4cc0742e18ac7

Any other ideas of how to fix this?
And am I the only one?

Hey. That's a weird issue and yeah nobody else has reported it. But I'll look into it for you and see if I can duplicate it
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticKing32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #1987  
howtomen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brea CA
Thanks Meter: 1,221
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticKing32

Hey. That's a weird issue and yeah nobody else has reported it. But I'll look into it for you and see if I can duplicate it

Might be bad flash or phone acting up becuase of base change. What i would suggest:
1. Fix perms in cwm wipe cache and dalvik
2. Redownload and reflash no wip

3. Redownload wipe and flash.

I would try all these and if problem persist than something is going on
3rd May 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #1988  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Unhappy
I just found a hacked version of email.apk created by Wanam:
http://wanamlite.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0
(look for "hacked AOSP email" link)

I had to clear the current email.apk and exchange.apk cache and data, then replace the old files with the new ones using Root Explorer.
Rebooted
And now everything seems to be working fine.
I JUST did this though, so I need a bit of time to see if things are really fixed or not, but so far, I can open any messages (read/unread) without freezes/crashes.
The only thing I am hating about this version though, is that the maximum email check frequency is only 1 hour, while the old version had 4 hours and even once a day. I dont need or want my email checking so frequently.

EDIT: ALso look at this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36817&page=507
This is related to the above stuff. It is what led me to trying Wanam's hacked AOSP email app. Many other people (on WanamLite ROM) were complaining about the email app also not working... similar symptoms as mine.
Mystic, you state in Post #1 that Mystic's Pride is based of LP9, which was made into a flashable zip by Wanam. Are WanamLite and Mystic's Pride identical, but made for different SGS2 versions?

Mystic: Yeah, if you could please check things out, I would appreciate it.
This issue was happening ever since day 1 of installing the app, but I didnt think much of it. (Thought it was a connection problem, but ir happens whether on 3G/4G or Wifi).

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomen

Might be bad flash or phone acting up becuase of base change. What i would suggest:
1. Fix perms in cwm wipe cache and dalvik
2. Redownload and reflash no wip

3. Redownload wipe and flash.

I would try all these and if problem persist than something is going on

Tried this while typing my last message. No good.
Last edited by spexwood; 3rd May 2012 at 06:59 AM.
3rd May 2012, 07:28 AM   |  #1989  
howtomen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brea CA
Thanks Meter: 1,221
 
1,992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spexwood

I just found a hacked version of email.apk created by Wanam:
http://wanamlite.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0
(look for "hacked AOSP email" link)

I had to clear the current email.apk and exchange.apk cache and data, then replace the old files with the new ones using Root Explorer.
Rebooted
And now everything seems to be working fine.
I JUST did this though, so I need a bit of time to see if things are really fixed or not, but so far, I can open any messages (read/unread) without freezes/crashes.
The only thing I am hating about this version though, is that the maximum email check frequency is only 1 hour, while the old version had 4 hours and even once a day. I dont need or want my email checking so frequently.

EDIT: ALso look at this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36817&page=507
This is related to the above stuff. It is what led me to trying Wanam's hacked AOSP email app. Many other people (on WanamLite ROM) were complaining about the email app also not working... similar symptoms as mine.
Mystic, you state in Post #1 that Mystic's Pride is based of LP9, which was made into a flashable zip by Wanam. Are WanamLite and Mystic's Pride identical, but made for different SGS2 versions?

Mystic: Yeah, if you could please check things out, I would appreciate it.
This issue was happening ever since day 1 of installing the app, but I didnt think much of it. (Thought it was a connection problem, but ir happens whether on 3G/4G or Wifi).

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------



Tried this while typing my last message. No good.

K and yes this is wanam based but gl with new email
3rd May 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #1990  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by howtomen

K and yes this is wanam based but gl with new email

OK, I was just checking that you didnt use the same Email.apk as originally used in WanamLite.
If you could still check the Email.apk, that would be great.
I am currently playing around by trying Email.apk's from other LP9-based roms. (I'll also try the one from the latest ATT leak... before Task gave up on them LOL).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics att
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes