5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[rom] miui 2.4.20

Tip us?
 
zukriaksah
Old
#51  
zukriaksah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 530
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kuantan

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
I really like this ROM but getting a lot of reboots. I know with my Nexus raising voltages a little usually fixes this but can't do it with this kernel I guess. Also after booting up it always asks for sim unlock password even though it is disabled. I think this is it so far for bugs but the rebooting is happening much too often, especially after opening facebook. Can someone confirm if we should flash the wifi zip? I might have to flash back to bumblebee for now, or something else not sure what. I will change the governor see if it helps. Seems I have reboots with all the ROM's but this MIUI is more often. Thanks everybody and Zuk for sharing your work much appreciated.
Its not happen to me... yes sometimes it reboot, especially if i browse internet too long, but its already happen since i was using gb 2.3.4 mi410 stock rom, its not abt the rom, its bcoz of the stock browser.

The original u8800 dev for this rom had came out with patch to stop that password request, but i get to repack it first if we want to use it. Overall i think this rom is more stable than my latest lewa

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X6 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to zukriaksah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LibertyMonger
Old
#52  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 822
Posts: 3,370
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukriaksah View Post
Its not happen to me... yes sometimes it reboot, especially if i browse internet too long, but its already happen since i was using gb 2.3.4 mi410 stock rom, its not abt the rom, its bcoz of the stock browser.

The original u8800 dev for this rom had came out with patch to stop that password request, but i get to repack it first if we want to use it. Overall i think this rom is more stable than my latest lewa

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X6 using xda premium

I was just using stock browser and didn't get a reboot, but wasn't using it long, I am now getting a reboot everytime I open the facebook app. So you don't think it is cause of kernel voltages? Usually raising them 15 stops the reboots. Also do you recommend flashing that wifi zip?
 
zukriaksah
Old
#53  
zukriaksah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 530
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kuantan

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
I was just using stock browser and didn't get a reboot, but wasn't using it long, I am now getting a reboot everytime I open the facebook app. So you don't think it is cause of kernel voltages? Usually raising them 15 stops the reboots. Also do you recommend flashing that wifi zip?
im opening fb now, not rebooting, normal. surfing fb, also normal, im not yet changing the wifi module
 
LibertyMonger
Old
#54  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 822
Posts: 3,370
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukriaksah View Post
im opening fb now, not rebooting, normal. surfing fb, also normal, im not yet changing the wifi module
Yeah well it is only occasionally. It has stopped rebooting for now but before it rebooted about 6 times in a row. I was getting occasional reboots with bumblebee as well. I wiped all and formatted before flashing so It shouldn't be because of a dirty flash. I believe it is the kernel. Seems we could use a good kernel dev. Not sure if we do, not too familiar with everyone. We have some amazing kernels for nexus s with many features. We are just limited here because of the popularity of the phone. Thanks Bud, I switched my Governor for now will see if that helps.
 
LibertyMonger
Old
#55  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 822
Posts: 3,370
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Reboots seem to have stopped for a while, haven't had any I don't think for a day. Would be nice to get rid of that sim password check. ROM has been running really good so far.
 
cheezzzz
Old
#56  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 206
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
Reboots seem to have stopped for a while, haven't had any I don't think for a day. Would be nice to get rid of that sim password check. ROM has been running really good so far.
nice. when scanning for networks do they show up as Unknown? also are you facing the Unknown carrier on status bar? ._.

Apart from that, everything else is good right? ie no incoming call volume, no random reboots that are too frequent..

from what I see this is probably the most stable MIUI rom for our device so far.. hopefully it is what it seems to be.

btw scheduler must use cfq? cuz im using noop or sio at the moment.
 
uemuem
Old
#57  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Shanghai
It's good with wifi patch!
 
LibertyMonger
Old
#58  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 822
Posts: 3,370
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezzzz View Post
nice. when scanning for networks do they show up as Unknown? also are you facing the Unknown carrier on status bar? ._.

Apart from that, everything else is good right? ie no incoming call volume, no random reboots that are too frequent..

from what I see this is probably the most stable MIUI rom for our device so far.. hopefully it is what it seems to be.

btw scheduler must use cfq? cuz im using noop or sio at the moment.
I'm sorry I just seen your questions, been away from here for a bit. I flashed this for my mom and she claims the reboots have stopped. It must have settled in very nicely lol. She has been happy with it, no issues that she can tell but she does not do or know much lol. Every ROM I have used here has the unknown carrier issue. Not sure about incoming call volume either she is a texter Lol. I will have to test it for her.
 
uemuem
Old
#59  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
Reboots seem to have stopped for a while, haven't had any I don't think for a day. Would be nice to get rid of that sim password check. ROM has been running really good so far.
no this problem,you can reflash it...
 
uemuem
Old
(Last edited by uemuem; 3rd May 2012 at 11:05 AM.)
#60  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukriaksah View Post
All credits go to sbasil for his u8800 rom. I just port his rom to our device.

Credit also to llorn & mantera for mOCk kernel.

And to whyzee too. :)

Download the rom here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/OECg-QtB/...lingual_R.html

Steps of installation:
1. Do a full wipe
2. Flash the rom
3. Flash mOCk kernel: http://www.4shared.com/zip/7f-EiXM9/mOCkv1612.html
4. Boot the system
5. Let the booting process settle down
6. After the rom has been properly booted up, go to cwm again
7. Wipe dalvik & cache, reboot system again (if not do this, not all apps will appear on screen)
8. ENJOYYY
9. Now u can go to x5 setting & change i/o scheduler to cfq, default one (noop) is for u8800, sometime its not stable

Details & screenshots can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22185145

KEY FEATURES
  • Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
  • & ret4rt's .35 MIUI (libs)
  • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf mOCk 1.6.12
  • ext4 filesystem
  • Bravia engine (for better photos)
  • vsync on (fps locked)
  • USB tethering works
  • Native WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
  • 14 languages (apps included)
  • 4-way-reboot menu
  • Extended settings
  • X5 Settings
  • Skip tracks via volume press
  • Two themes [default & default dark]
  • [icons from Desire Z's MIUI Strawmetal.Mi]
  • 2 camera apps [MIUI & CM7 cam]
  • Gallery 3D
  • DSP Manager

Cool features you may not have noticed:
[COLOR="DimGray"]
  • Torch on lockscreen (press home button on lockscreen for a flashlight)
  • Music player on lockscreen (double tap on the round lock icon and music player controls will appear)

Note:
1. Gps working but locking better with whyzee patch frm edowar's cm7
2. I hv asked whyzee help to fix the headset, or maybe ck/fr already hv the patch

Headset fix by whyzee: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25123240

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X6 using xda premium

It's so good!Incoming call valume is loud.
but it eat battery so fast,one night need about 20%,other miui rom only 2%~5%...
any idea?
front camera has bug too

and could you please share the GPS patch?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes