FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4]Genesis - Stable Build1 - CM9/AOKP Hybrid - The Return.... [8/1/12]

1,904 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,541

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd May 2012, 04:07 AM |#681  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How do I mount my USB Storage? I can't transfer files anymore x)

3rd May 2012, 04:20 AM |#682  
Flag Mesquite
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFdhigsKp

How do I mount my USB Storage? I can't transfer files anymore x)

This problem is typically in ICS ROMS, but there is a way around it. I found that an easy way to get USB Storage is by going to CWM=>Mounts and Storage=>USB. Thank me
3rd May 2012, 04:31 AM |#683  

More
but it used to show up in the old betas of this ROM. Usually when I first install the ROM and connect it to my computer it would give me the option to mount as a camera or USB? Is my phone dumbbbbbbbb

jk, but seriouslly xD
3rd May 2012, 04:36 AM |#684  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

but it used to show up in the old betas of this ROM. Usually when I first install the ROM and connect it to my computer it would give me the option to mount as a camera or USB? Is my phone dumbbbbbbbb

jk, but seriouslly xD

Custom kernel support is required for UMS to work on ICS. Install a Harsh kernel, like the ones included in AROMA, then go to System Settings -> Storage -> Hit menu button -> USB Computer Connection -> Select Mass Storage. You may need to reboot after enableing if mounting to Windows, i sometimes have to.
3rd May 2012, 04:50 AM |#685  

More
Oh I found it, thank you Mr. Apocalypse. What's the difference between using it as MTP and using it as mass storage?

I LOVE your ROM btw! seriously. It's amazing how you balance performance and good battery life, unless this is due to Harsh's kernel x)
3rd May 2012, 05:00 AM |#686  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh I found it, thank you Mr. Apocalypse. What's the difference between using it as MTP and using it as mass storage?

I LOVE your ROM btw! seriously. It's amazing how you balance performance and good battery life, unless this is due to Harsh's kernel x)

UMS = Fast, universal, all around great. Standard way of mounting to computers since Android started

MTP = Sucks, slow, limited to Windows, doesn't work with TeraCopy Pro on my Windows machine.

IMHO...

If it was up to me, i'd remove MTP altogether, but i know others use my ROM and don't share all of my views. Harsh's kernel has a lot to do with the way this rom performs. He builds these kernels solid, and they would be the default kernel, but i know some people's phones can't handle custom kernels, so you guys have the option.
3rd May 2012, 05:10 AM |#687  

More
you're amazing, thanks! i'll take your word for it (y)
3rd May 2012, 06:57 AM |#688  
seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my phone would reboot everytime i connect my usb =(
3rd May 2012, 02:12 PM |#689  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profresh

I get the same thing with the Mass Storage option selected. Have to use the MTP option.
btw, using stock kernel.
3rd May 2012, 02:33 PM |#690  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Is there a way to get netflix to work, maybe a SW mode setting like on MX player?
3rd May 2012, 03:09 PM |#691  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by profresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by exorcist70

I get the same thing with the Mass Storage option selected. Have to use the MTP option.
btw, using stock kernel.

I've said this before, custom kernel support is required for UMS to work, meaning you need to flash Harsh's kernel in order for it to work.

Sent from my XDA premium app cuz I'm stalking your mom..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Apocalypse For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread