Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery replacement?

OP painkiller_93

7th January 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

83 posts
More
I'm wondering If someone knows about batteries for our Folio 100? maybe any with more mAh than the original?
Last edited by painkiller_93; 7th January 2012 at 12:48 AM.
26th January 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93

I'm wondering If someone knows about batteries for our Folio 100? maybe any with more mAh than the original?

I'd like to know that too!
29th January 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
I found some baterys on ebay...... they looked kind of "strange" so I decided to keep searching.... nothing so far
The Following User Says Thank You to Limusin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Where
Where I can buy a battery for my Folio?
3rd May 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

22 posts
More
I found some batteries on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Orig...-/270859820087 . On contacting the seller he said that the batteries were original Toshiba manufactured (or made by their OEM for batteries), and thus had original Toshiba labeling. However, the battery was identical to the existing one, not a larger capacity battery. Any found larger capacity batteries?
Last edited by samveen; 3rd May 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Display sig
23rd May 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up Battery life fix from 2,5 hours to 5,5 hours!
I bought a used folio and in the original OS it had battery life of 2,5 hours after couple of complete charges. I then installed ICS CM9 and no change in battery life, the device shut itself off after 2,5 hrs.

Well after Googling I decided to try the battery stats reset in CWM. After 100% charge I did the battery stats reset in CWM and went to ICS to test the battery. After about 2,5 hours battery meter was showing 6%. 3hrs still 6%. 4hrs still 6%. 5hrs still 6%. Only after about 5,5hrs it dropped to 5% and about 15mins after that it was 1% and my device shut itself off. What an improvement! And I was using wlan and watching videos etc practically the whole time!

To fix the battery meter showing 6% for several hours I have used the device many times from 100% to lower than 6% and then charging the folio with power on. Now it shows 6% only for 45mins or so and I bet after couple more cycles it will be perfect! Then ill run it to 0% once more to be sure to make use of the whole battery.

So before you buy a new battery this is definately worth a try.

PS. You don't want to drain the battery to 0 % very often because this too will have a negative effect on battery life. Maybe once every 20 cycles is ok.
28th June 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 29

42 posts
More
Wow, I'll try to reset it on CWM and see what happens. With a normal use is lasting about 3 hours before shutting down.
13th August 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

86 posts
Do you have news for battery?

Thank you in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread