Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery replacement?

Tip us?

painkiller_93
Old
(Last edited by painkiller_93; 6th January 2012 at 11:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Battery replacement?

I'm wondering If someone knows about batteries for our Folio 100? maybe any with more mAh than the original?

-Nacho
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller_93 View Post
I'm wondering If someone knows about batteries for our Folio 100? maybe any with more mAh than the original?

I'd like to know that too!

Limusin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I found some baterys on ebay...... they looked kind of "strange" so I decided to keep searching.... nothing so far
The Following User Says Thank You to Limusin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pitxy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where

Where I can buy a battery for my Folio?

samveen
Old
(Last edited by samveen; 3rd May 2012 at 01:05 PM.) Reason: Display sig
Thanks Meter 17
I found some batteries on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Orig...-/270859820087 . On contacting the seller he said that the batteries were original Toshiba manufactured (or made by their OEM for batteries), and thus had original Toshiba labeling. However, the battery was identical to the existing one, not a larger capacity battery. Any found larger capacity batteries?
Utilities for Android: GNU make 3.82, GNU grep 2.12, GNU diffutils 2.8, file 5.11, Strace 4.6(Using NDK r8c), GNU Bash 4.2(Dynamically Linked)

Current: Nexus 4 8GB(Stock 4.4 unrooted), Toshiba AC100 (2.2 by silver-alx)
Old: Huawei U8150 (Stock 2.2 rooted)
Epic Fail:Nexus S GT-I9020T (Stock 4.1.2 unrooted)

habaskeba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Battery life fix from 2,5 hours to 5,5 hours!

I bought a used folio and in the original OS it had battery life of 2,5 hours after couple of complete charges. I then installed ICS CM9 and no change in battery life, the device shut itself off after 2,5 hrs.

Well after Googling I decided to try the battery stats reset in CWM. After 100% charge I did the battery stats reset in CWM and went to ICS to test the battery. After about 2,5 hours battery meter was showing 6%. 3hrs still 6%. 4hrs still 6%. 5hrs still 6%. Only after about 5,5hrs it dropped to 5% and about 15mins after that it was 1% and my device shut itself off. What an improvement! And I was using wlan and watching videos etc practically the whole time!

To fix the battery meter showing 6% for several hours I have used the device many times from 100% to lower than 6% and then charging the folio with power on. Now it shows 6% only for 45mins or so and I bet after couple more cycles it will be perfect! Then ill run it to 0% once more to be sure to make use of the whole battery.

So before you buy a new battery this is definately worth a try.

PS. You don't want to drain the battery to 0 % very often because this too will have a negative effect on battery life. Maybe once every 20 cycles is ok.

masual
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Wow, I'll try to reset it on CWM and see what happens. With a normal use is lasting about 3 hours before shutting down.

daveheart14
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Do you have news for battery?

Thank you in advance.