Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Liquid damage indicator on defy

Tip us?

brajesh.sharma87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abysstheking View Post
why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine!
No offence.
I never dipped it. Only accidently it went in water for 10 sec and a water resistant if not water proof cud have given a diff. result.

Peace....!!!!!

Sent from my Moto Defy

ryan8r
Old
Thanks Meter 136
So far I've hosed it down, dropped it in the pool, heck even swam with it in a river no problems with the battery or indicators whatsoever. So I'd say mine is pretty much waterproof.

Sent from Android 2.3.7
Motorola DEFY (Green lens) - RIP
Motorola DEFY (Red lens) - CM10
Motorola Photon - Dead wet !
Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 - CM10.1
Keep the Forum Clean , If I've Helped Just Hit Thanks
There Ya Go!

farsight73
Old
Thanks Meter 156
All these depends on QC pass when the device was manufatured. Some might have a litte tiny not 100% perfect but was given the PASS from QC. It's base on how lucky you are when you hit the store to buy your Defy. However, it's not wise testing the device water proofness and toughness anyway. It advertised as tough phone and defying everyday life but doesn't mean consumer need to go beaingt and torture it and start complaining when it fail..

....Peace....
=======================================
Nexus 5: 312K: Running stock deodexed 4.4.4 with ElementalX kernel

Transformer TF101(B60): Kitkat-Katkiss 4.4.4
System Speed: Overclock Dual Core 1400Ghz

Zephyrot
Old
Thanks Meter 693

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjshshrma View Post
Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device .

Sent from my Moto Defy
Before putting your Defy in water you need to understand what IP67 means and what is the phoen designed to resist.

I took my Defy to a water park and it was amazing. I have some really cool videos and pics underwater, got a video in a Waterslide and so on.

Few things to understand about IP67:
-Phone resists 30 mins under water, at 1m depth, and NOT MOVING.

Once your phone goes into water you have to avoid rapid moves with it, when you move the phone under water, you can create pressure equivalent to having the phone 50m underwater (standing still).

Another really important thing is the rubber on the USB/Headphone/Battery Cover. You cant touch this rubber, nor apply any kind of oil based grease (Sweat, Vaseline) on it, cause it kills the water resistance attribute of it and actually dryes the rubber.

Its recommended to apply a bit of Silicone based Grease every few months to keep the rubber in good condition, after about 3 years it will eventually lose its properties and start leaking water.

If you are taking your phone to a water-adventure day like I did, I recommend using a bit of duct tape on the USB port and Headphone to avoid it getting accidentaly open.

scottie1973
Old
Thanks Meter 11
if i remember rightly the defy isn't actually stated as being ip67 rated..motorola shyed away from it

pizzaia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abysstheking View Post
why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine!
I'm scared of trying to put it in water

L7iharsha
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajesh.sharma87 View Post
Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device .

Sent from my Moto Defy
bro..Moto Is not fake im using from 6 years they never failed on me ..even i have atrix too moto really rocks service may be not good in your area in my area Moto is the Top Seller and most selling phone is razr...in my area Motorola Number one and samsung number 2 And HTC number 3 and Motorola is not failed in india with Android They are innovative if u still dont like your defy then sell it and buy another android phone Please Dont bash anything about Motorola...

KarlosEdw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I don't believe wich this phone resist 30 min under water!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

pranks1989
Old
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlosEdw View Post
I don't believe wich this phone resist 30 min under water!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
It does.. Tested!
My devices:
  • Moto G
    Current: Stock
  • Motorola Defy MB525
    Current: CM7(Kank)
  • Motorola Defy+ MB526
    Current: Latest build CM10.2(Quarx)
  • Samsung Galaxy SII(I9100)
    Current: Cyanfox
  • Spice MI 280 - Backup phone. Stock GB.
  • Nexus 7 2013 (32GB WiFi)
  • Galaxy Fit (GF) - CM7.2 Stable
Beats_ALSA_eq and ACID Audio Engine V1.0 rocks my phone!!

Android Users India (Group in FB)