5,599,033 Members 31,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GingerDX Bugs List & Solutions

Tip us?

junk33
Old
Thanks Meter 6
hello guys,i'm sorry to bother you with this issue but i don't know what to do.i folowed the instrucions listed in this thread :[ROM] GingerDX | v025 | 11-04-2012 | Stock / Alfs / LinuxDX
and all went well. my x8 is now running fast but the battery drains extremly fast. i did clean battery stats, lower the display brightness.i did reset the phone to original and use it for 3 days with no apps installed or sd card inserted.i even restored to it;s original state using pc companion for installing the stock 2.1 i rooted again and do the update to gingerdx procedure again, clean the battery stats again and no effect.totay i charged the phone twice.after a google search i found a discution on a forum about a an app named RAM mannager that manages the ram according to usser;s preferences but in free version it's only une option that i can use:balance. others are locked. neither that resolved this issue. but i noticed that i have about 48-51 free mb in idle mode( using mini info widget app).oh i forgot to say,i switched off the window animations and background data and used no wifi. as i said just talking with no aps installed..
if this is posted wrong i'm really sorry, it;s the second time i post something on a forum.it's even the first android phone i've ever head cuz a friend just gave it to me for free
if anyone can help me i would really appreciate
P.S. sorry for bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to junk33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scufita.rosie
Old
(Last edited by scufita.rosie; 30th April 2012 at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by junk33 View Post
hello guys,i'm sorry to bother you with this issue but i don't know what to do.i folowed the instrucions listed in this thread :[ROM] GingerDX | v025 | 11-04-2012 | Stock / Alfs / LinuxDX
and all went well. my x8 is now running fast but the battery drains extremly fast. i did clean battery stats, lower the display brightness.i did reset the phone to original and use it for 3 days with no apps installed or sd card inserted.i even restored to it;s original state using pc companion for installing the stock 2.1 i rooted again and do the update to gingerdx procedure again, clean the battery stats again and no effect.totay i charged the phone twice.after a google search i found a discution on a forum about a an app named RAM mannager that manages the ram according to usser;s preferences but in free version it's only une option that i can use:balance. others are locked. neither that resolved this issue. but i noticed that i have about 48-51 free mb in idle mode( using mini info widget app).oh i forgot to say,i switched off the window animations and background data and used no wifi. as i said just talking with no aps installed..
if this is posted wrong i'm really sorry, it;s the second time i post something on a forum.it's even the first android phone i've ever head cuz a friend just gave it to me for free
Pressed thanks instead of reply...well .
I think play music+maps are a killer couple.
Make sure you have gps off and that you're not running all day with 3g on (data). Also, tell us what apps are shown in applications -> running services and in cached services (press menu button when in running services)..and, is sync on?

Edit: ok, you've allready said sync/background data is off...
Just tell us what apps are shown in running/cached apps. I get around 2days with my style of use (wifi/3g/sync sometimes on/background data always on/bunch of useless apps&widgets) but i've removed maps/play music that were always active..

Sent from my X8
X8 black
rom: gingerdx v25 / visuals: SSlauncher + ICS + UCCW

my color screen
sta.sh

if i helped press thanks

lucastan96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2085
Quote:
Did you overclock your phone too high? And dont use RAM Manager Pro. Restore it to default settings and delete app. And try the suggstions above by Scufita.rosie.

Sent From My W8 Using Tapatalk

nazz.rule
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
I don't have extreme battery drain when i use GingerDX..and how did you install the rom..??Try this..it might help you..

Xperia X8 | MiniCM10 | nAa-jb Kernel
Moto G(XT1033) | Stock ROM (rooted) | Stock Kernel
Nexus 7 32GB (tilapia) | MultiROM: -Latest version of SlimKat (Primary) | Latest version of M-Kernel

junk33
Old
(Last edited by junk33; 1st May 2012 at 09:30 PM.) Reason: installed rom again but battery still draining fast
Thanks Meter 6
Default i try but no effect

i installed the firmware as indicated on Ginger DX v25 tutorial and using nazz.rule's tutorial for a clean rom instalation.
now i tryed to reinstal and after cleaning the system and cache i installed the zip "update-GingerDX-v025.zip" again but this time says (bad) and now i'm stuck in the sony ericsson logo and i can't enter CWM
i don't know what went wrong now
the pc recognizes as an USB device but that-s all

w8 i found this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post12442257 , i'l try his
it worked my phone is now runing clean but the battery again is draining fast'
to scufita.rosie: in running/cached apps is nothing but in running is the keyboard system settings, google services and dsp manager and that;s all . no idea what to do

optimusprime1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96 View Post
This successful thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerDX v025.

I want to say thank you to Master Doixanh for this great ROM!! But now, Doixanh is very busy, so this ROM is now under new management...

So, let's open our hands, and welcome Team GingerDX!!
Thanks for carrying on support of this ROM!! You guys ROCK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
- Super clean ROM!!
- Frequent updates!
- Most of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
- This is confirmed as the most feature-complete Gingerbread ROM for X8/W8!!
- Antutu Benchmark Score: 1860 or UP
- Perfect for people with locked bootloaders and for users using Alfs & Linux DX kernels!
- So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
OFFICIAL THREAD

MY GOAL!! (READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN)
Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please remember this FOREVER:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GDX thread!! I really pity B.Jay & Eagleeyetom for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
(X) means confirmed.
(?) means not confirmed.
:: v025 Bugs ::

- Transparent Status Bar (X)
Solution: Don't set transparent status bar in Settings
OR
Use a compatible theme and launcher.

- Phone Crashes When Received a Call while using an app that requires more memory resulting in unable to answer the call. Some people also experience lags when received a call. (X)
Solution: Disable Call Me Louder in GingerDX settings.

- FM Radio is buggy, like the speaker and headphones bug. (X)
Solution: B.Jay had informed he won't be fixing this bug. So, try using a internet radio app. Search it on Play Store. Or, try replacing the Radio.apk with radios from other ROMs.

- Phone suddenly reboot (X)
Solution: Probably on low memory.
Too many big apps installed. Uninstall useless ones. Using Alfs may reduce this problem.

- CPU Frequency Settings in Cyanogenmod Settings Is Not Working. (X)
Solution: Use SetCPU to set frequencies
OR
Install a custom kernel.

- Root Browser sometimes hangs or force close. (X)
Solution: Wait for developer to release new version of the program or use Root Explorer or ASTRO File Manager.

- Stock camera have zoom settings, but it is not working. (X)
Solution: Our phone don't support zooming. If you really want to zoom, use Camera ZOOM FX or some other apps with this feature.

- Google Play Music is very laggy & buggy. (X)
Solution: Install other better music players such as PlayerPro or PowerAMP.
...OR...
The stock Gingerbread Music.apk is in the "Extras" on B.Jay's MediaFire folder. Download it, and replace /system/app/Music.apk with the Stock GB one and reboot.

- Superuser (ChainsDD's) can't update the SU binary. (X)
Solution: Flash Chainfire's SuperSU
Will be updated at the given location when a new version comes out.

- A green screen appears for a split second when screen rotates. (X)
Solution: Disable the rotation animation in CyanogenMod Settings.
(Credits to biscoitu)
OR
Re-flash the ROM.

Notice:

1. 50% of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom kernel. 80% of the bugs are not real bugs, I only list them down because someone considers it as bugs.

2. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerDX!

3. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking the devs to fix anything at all.

4. GingerDX... really the best Gingerbread ROM ever... Cheers! Please subscribe for future updates.

5. Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

Is Overclock module safe to use, whats the maximum frequency we can set.

deedii
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime1 View Post
Is Overclock module safe to use, whats the maximum frequency we can set.
Please help yourself. Feed your mind
X8 FAQ
To answer 748 is the highest stable as per the module creator
The Following User Says Thank You to deedii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucastan96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2085
Quote:
i installed the firmware as indicated on Ginger DX v25 tutorial and using nazz.rule's tutorial for a clean rom instalation.
now i tryed to reinstal and after cleaning the system and cache i installed the zip "update-GingerDX-v025.zip" again but this time says (bad) and now i'm stuck in the sony ericsson logo and i can't enter CWM
i don't know what went wrong now
the pc recognizes as an USB device but that-s all

w8 i found this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post12442257 , i'l try his
it worked my phone is now runing clean but the battery again is draining fast'
to scufita.rosie: in running/cached apps is nothing but in running is the keyboard system settings, google services and dsp manager and that;s all . no idea what to do
Okay, here's what you do:

1. Charge your battery to 100%.
2. In Cwm, wipe the battery stats.

BohArie
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96 View Post
This successful thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerDX v025.

I want to say thank you to Master Doixanh for this great ROM!! But now, Doixanh is very busy, so this ROM is now under new management...

So, let's open our hands, and welcome Team GingerDX!!
Thanks for carrying on support of this ROM!! You guys ROCK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
- Super clean ROM!!
- Frequent updates!
- Most of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
- This is confirmed as the most feature-complete Gingerbread ROM for X8/W8!!
- Antutu Benchmark Score: 1860 or UP
- Perfect for people with locked bootloaders and for users using Alfs & Linux DX kernels!
- So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
OFFICIAL THREAD

MY GOAL!! (READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN)
Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please remember this FOREVER:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GDX thread!! I really pity B.Jay & Eagleeyetom for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
(X) means confirmed.
(?) means not confirmed.
:: v025 Bugs ::

- Transparent Status Bar (X)
Solution: Don't set transparent status bar in Settings
OR
Use a compatible theme and launcher.

- Phone Crashes When Received a Call while using an app that requires more memory resulting in unable to answer the call. Some people also experience lags when received a call. (X)
Solution: Disable Call Me Louder in GingerDX settings.

- FM Radio is buggy, like the speaker and headphones bug. (X)
Solution: B.Jay had informed he won't be fixing this bug. So, try using a internet radio app. Search it on Play Store. Or, try replacing the Radio.apk with radios from other ROMs.

- Phone suddenly reboot (X)
Solution: Probably on low memory.
Too many big apps installed. Uninstall useless ones. Using Alfs may reduce this problem.

- CPU Frequency Settings in Cyanogenmod Settings Is Not Working. (X)
Solution: Use SetCPU to set frequencies
OR
Install a custom kernel.

- Root Browser sometimes hangs or force close. (X)
Solution: Wait for developer to release new version of the program or use Root Explorer or ASTRO File Manager.

- Stock camera have zoom settings, but it is not working. (X)
Solution: Our phone don't support zooming. If you really want to zoom, use Camera ZOOM FX or some other apps with this feature.

- Google Play Music is very laggy & buggy. (X)
Solution: Install other better music players such as PlayerPro or PowerAMP.
...OR...
The stock Gingerbread Music.apk is in the "Extras" on B.Jay's MediaFire folder. Download it, and replace /system/app/Music.apk with the Stock GB one and reboot.

- Superuser (ChainsDD's) can't update the SU binary. (X)
Solution: Flash Chainfire's SuperSU
Will be updated at the given location when a new version comes out.

- A green screen appears for a split second when screen rotates. (X)
Solution: Disable the rotation animation in CyanogenMod Settings.
(Credits to biscoitu)
OR
Re-flash the ROM.

Notice:

1. 50% of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom kernel. 80% of the bugs are not real bugs, I only list them down because someone considers it as bugs.

2. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerDX!

3. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking the devs to fix anything at all.

4. GingerDX... really the best Gingerbread ROM ever... Cheers! Please subscribe for future updates.

5. Hit the THANKS button to support me!!
for your information...
I already try radio.apk from others rom and yes... NOT WORK!!!
tell B.Jay I will be thankful to him if he fix this problem...

lucastan96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by BohArie View Post
for your information...
I already try radio.apk from others rom and yes... NOT WORK!!!
tell B.Jay I will be thankful to him if he fix this problem...
Hmm.. I tried it once and it works. I forget what ROM is it from.

And, as I stated there, he would not ever fix the FM Radio.

Firstly, he dont feel like fixing something he dont use.

Secondly, he dont have the sources for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucastan96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]