Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

confused between LG NITRO HD and HTC VIVID 4G !-- pls help me decide ! :)

Tip us?

xdasree
Old
Thanks Meter 7
if you are not too much worry about battery, go for Nitro.

even you can buy after market extra long life battery.

other then this, Nitro stands out ... especially stunning IPS true HD screen.

adca14
Old
Thanks Meter 3
sorry to piggyback this thread, but I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm going to purchase a LG Nitro, but before I do, I want to know if I should perform the carrier unlock first, or should I root and install a custom rom first and then perform the carrier unlock. I read in an older thread about having to re-enter the code after flashing the the flashband or something along those lines.

Malnilion
Old
Thanks Meter 149
@adca14,

I performed a carrier unlock on stock rom and have flashed almost every rom there is for this phone (except CM9 slim and AOKP). I've never had to re-enter my unlock code and I've even upgraded to the latest AT&T baseband in that small 20mb update. You have nothing to lose by carrier unlocking on the stock rom immediately when you get the phone. In fact, I don't even know if you can get into the unlock menu on CM9.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malnilion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeremyshaw
Old
(Last edited by jeremyshaw; 30th April 2012 at 07:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
So far, I just got the nitro HD. My father has a vivid, and now honestly regrets replacing his old iPhone 3GS with it. Don't get the Vivid. Battery life is barely half a day with only one email account (just leaving it alone will drain the battery down by night). Device is searing hot on its metal back and ICS update has borked most of the HTC widgets, among other items (small consolation is chrome beta now has desktop view mode).

While I don't expect the battery life on my Nitro to be any better, at least it has a nice 720p IPS panel (good for Kindle).

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

^^ I tried and tried to get used to the android KB, but still cannot. So please excuse the stream of consciousness post up there. I've tried to edit it the best I could.
Focus; 4S; Atrix <-- these three are all part of my job.

V@no
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namuna View Post
Going Nitro:
+ Bigger battery
Wow this is such redundant benefit...bigger battery with half the battery life, yeah it's THAT "better"

HO!NO!
Old
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by V@no View Post
Wow this is such redundant benefit...bigger battery with half the battery life, yeah it's THAT "better"
Well on stock rom you don't really need more battery compare to cm9 that is very power hungry. If bigger battery last only one year for 15$ on ebay, why i would not take that benefit...
If you like my work you can me a red bull or a beer!