Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TF300 root avalable

Tip us?

johnjohnjohnson
Old
(Last edited by johnjohnjohnson; 5th May 2012 at 04:21 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default TF300 root avalable

since this info was on page 89 of this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...570125&page=89
i'd thought i'd start a new thread where more people might see it.

if your TF300 still has build 9.4.3.17 you can root it using SparkyRoot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1526487

this worked like a charm on my TF300. if you updated to 9.4.3.26 like my wife did it won't work

*UPDATE*
now that asus has posted the .17 firmware
.26 can be downgraded to .17 then rooted. using method 2 from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1622628

or the one click method from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=52

you need the BLOB file from the .17 firmware zip from the asus support site.
after your rooted download Voodoo OTA RootKeeper from the market to backup root.
with that backup you can update to .26 OTA and restore root. if you apply the update from the zip you loose root.

just so it's clear non of this is my work . just trying to help disperse the info.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to johnjohnjohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EvoXOhio
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Wish I would have seen this before I updated. We really need a new section for the TF300.

JustusIV
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Just so people know without wading through hundreds of pages, I verified this last night on TF300.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustusIV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TXKSSnapper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
From what I've read, normally you pull the blob from the update file... But, we don't have an update file for .17... so I have no idea how we would get it.

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,044
VERY IMPORTANT, ACTUALLY MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO:

As soon as you're rooted, get Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. its free from the marketplace. then open that app up and Save and backup your root. REPEAT, SAVE & BACKUP YOUR ROOT. you will kick yourself in da a$$ if you don't..lol. then now you can update to the latest firmware for 300, which is .26 or whatever. Once you update, you will initially lose root. but no worries. you just open up the voodoo app and restore your root. Now you are rooted again on latest firmware. you will use this method from now one to restore root after a firmware update. there has already been confirmation of a 300 owner rooting on.17, then using voodoo to save/backup his root, then update to .26. then using voodoo to restore root. now he is rooted on latest .26 firmware for 300.

you will be sorry if you don't use voodoo to save your root. even if you don't immediately update afterwards. only reason root is working on 300 is because its the ones with .17 firmware. there is no root method currently available or even in developement yet, as far as we know, That will work on .26 or higher. SO BACKUP N SAVE YOUR ROOT FILE WITH VOODOO OTA keeper. do it immediately, don't wait. I've seen too many people gripe and cry about losing root because they forgot to backup n save root. now they are stuck on latest firmware and can't root. that was at first but now prime has downgrade methods that seem to work for some. but this hasn't been confirmed to work on 300 though since there is no blob file posted for .17.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TXKSSnapper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Default Possible way to obtain .17 blob?

Anyone know if using a rooted device on .17 we could obtain the files needed to use blob tools to pack the blob?

smith058
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
VERY IMPORTANT, ACTUALLY MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO:

As soon as you're rooted, get Voodoo OTA rootkeeper. its free from the marketplace. then open that app up and Save and backup your root. REPEAT, SAVE & BACKUP YOUR ROOT. you will kick yourself in da a$$ if you don't..lol. then now you can update to the latest firmware for 300, which is .26 or whatever. Once you update, you will initially lose root. but no worries. you just open up the voodoo app and restore your root. Now you are rooted again on latest firmware. you will use this method from now one to restore root after a firmware update.
So can this backup be shared? Can I use a copy of your backup?

JustusIV
Old
Thanks Meter 101
I am rooted and am thinking about trying to update and retain root. However i dont have an update to install.
i am on .17 but am not getting the .26
Thoughts?

TXKSSnapper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
I am rooted and am thinking about trying to update and retain root. However i dont have an update to install.
i am on .17 but am not getting the .26
Thoughts?
Not quite sure mine had the update available as soon as I connected to wifi. Have you tried manually checking for the update?

leroybrute
Old
Thanks Meter 199
I have root on .17 . Since I got this tablet I have manually tried pulling the. 26 update. Nada. Thank god. I do have a question though. What is everyone using for an overclock app?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA
Sch-i605
LS980
LS990
Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)